Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ November Thread

Shoot, I was in the middle of posting and I hit the submit reply key duh !!!

My DD got her first stripe on her Karate belt yesterday.... CAN YOU SAY PROUD MAMA !!!!! she was glowing.

Welll lets see, nothing much is going on today. Loads and loads of laundry and cleaning. I refuse to cook today LOL, with thanksgiving in 4 days there will be to much food in the house anyway (yeah thats a good excuse lol).

I made a Harvest tree for my house, its small, about 2 feet or so, but its warms the house....love that feeling.

Other than that, SOSDD. Happy Sunday everyone :)

post-204862-13813135860558_thumb.jpg

post-204862-13813135860993_thumb.jpg

Kat, I'm so relieved to see that surgery went well for you. Check in when you are up to it. (((hugs))) love ya girlie, ~Mandy

Good Morning Y'all!

Working around the house today, I'm not really in the mood but I have to do it. Laundry is washing, I just make a big batch of candied sweet potatoes for our dinner at work tomorrow, and now I have to get going on the floors. We are going to our "special" halloween dinner tonight. We held it over for one of the family members to get here since it was so close to thanksgiving anyway. It's always fun to go to, and especially nice when I am not the one cooking it!

Gina - Thank you so much for the update on Kat!

Kat - Glad things went really good for you! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Pat - How was the anniversary? Hope you had fun! My anniversary is the 24th!

Mandy - Thanks for getting the list together again, I appreciate it!

Anne - You'll have to let us know how you like your new toy. I am not one to stick to stuff like that so it would be a waste of my money. I hope you enjoy it.

Eileen - Wow, that is so pretty! I just love it! Are those real flowers on the tree?

Well, going to go get my floors done, and finish my pot of chili. I have been hungry for chili all week so I finally put a pot on.

Later!

To anybody who has EVER lost your composed ,but not yet submitted, post....you'll understand why a lengthy post is suddenly sooooooooo short when composed again !GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Kat, I'll be saying thanks giving prayers tonite! Was so happy to hear the good news. Hope your and yours can have some Ahhhhhhhhh time.

Pat, can't wait to hear the dinner details! And romance too!!! you lucky gal! Happy Annniversary!

Eileen, Why not try hangin' upside down, lol! But seriously, My BIL swears by an inversion table for back problems. And as a side note, a 73 year old gent told me he thinks it keeps his mind sharp and his appearance more youthful!

Cindy how'd the deposition go? Jessica, How are things now? Good I hope. Glad to hear about the WL too :) Sherry hope the reflux is gone with that slight unfill. Mandy, thanks for offering to send the list. Betty hope you're doing ok.

Hope everyone has a stress free week!!!!!!

Hi Everyone -- Kat's husband Rick provided an update and wrote today:

"I hope this is the right place to put this, I am doing this for my wife Kathy. She is probably getting out of the hospital today. Her blood pressure is too low it was 52 over 36, she is getting extra Fluid in an IV. She is awake, alert, but is hurting. I imagine she will be home later today. Our computer is not making connection in her room. She said to be sure to tell you all thanks for the prayers and she will talk to you all when she gets home.

Rick"

Lots of prayers, kisses and hugs to Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic news from Kat...thanks GR8, for posting it for us! We will of course feel even better when she is home, but hearing that the growth is benign is very, very good!

Eileen, that is a lovely Harvest Tree, and the first one I have ever seen! Very impressive! Congrats to your DD on her karate achievement too!

My deposition was a no-go...after I showed up, the two other attorneys talked to my attorney, and (wisely!) decided that they could cancel mine. The at-fault driver was going to state under oath that he was the cause, and if he did that, they didn't need my statement, and would non-suit me, which is what we had been asking for all along, but they had to have his statement under oath. Soooo, it should be all over now, and as soon as we get the official papers that I am no longer involved, I will be very relieved.

Guess what else is happening? I have a REAL job interview tomorrow...my BIL works for a charter school, and seems they are looking for a part-time testing coordinator for their district of 6 schools, for which I might be a good candidate. Great pay, flexible hours, etc. I'm going to go talk to the director tomorrow, and I used to work with her when I first started teaching...she taught history in the same school with me. Sounds good. I love my "life of leisure" (hahahaha!) but could also use some $$$ and this could be the perfect solution somewhere in the middle. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Other than that, just have to get busy in the kitchen! Probably like the rest of you!

I forgot who asked about Slimfast...I drink it. I don't know if it is the "best" but if you like it, it's better than ice cream! LOL!

Hugs to all,

Cindy

Hi girls I am home---has been a rough one. I thought I would bounce right back, and it is slower going than I had hoped.

Yep, the tumor was considered benign. It would have eventually turned to cancer but was growing too fast to have ever been a worry that way. It was between a golf ball and a tennis ball in size. I cannot tell you how happy it being benign made me! I kept coming inand out of the sleep from anesthesia and asking about it!

Had some blood pressure issues, went too low, so they pumped me full of fluid---12 pound weight gain--full of fluid! Spending all my time in the bathroom losing weight today!

For now I am going back to my ice pack and recliner. I will check in with you all in awhile.

Gina, thanks for sharing my DD & DH's posts, they lost the post it I had given them with the threads to post to, so they found the Violets thread in my email. I do appreciate it, I fel great comfort knowing I had all of you out there in different corners--I felt extremely lucky to have you all! (((hugs))))

Kat

Hey Girlies,

I had to get my arse in here to check on our Kat... I'm so glad your home and resting more comfy (well the best you can). There really is power in prayer :scared: feel better sweetie and take it easy. Tell Rick thank you for letting us know how you were doing. Gina, thank you for posting about Kat :hug:

Cindy, I'm really glad all that mess is over, geeze what a long process. Now back to life huh. GOOD LUCK with your interview/chat with the honcho cheese :fish: I'm sure they will love to have you as one of their very own. So what is DD asking for....for christmas?

Diane, I'm not so sure I could hang upside down, how in the heck would I get up LOLOL and with all that blood rushing to my head *DIZZY* lolol. I would like to try it but wouldn't want to invest the $$$ into something I might not like. To bad theres no place to try it a few times. Makes you youthfull huh ...hmmmmmmmmmmmm lolol. How are you doing ???

Sherry toots.... *WAVE*

Whats on everyones Christmas list ?? what are you asking your partner/spouce/other for ? I want an Ipod... yeah... thats it.

Okay I gotta run.... boss is coming out of a meeting *ROLLINGEYES*

Kat, I hope you have someone to do thanksgiving for you. Please tell me you do. ~Mandy