Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ November Thread

I signed up too now--I thought I did last year...oh well, I can keep up now---thanks again!

Well I have to get the car cleaned so we are ready to load it down....laundry needs changed out so I have clean clothes to pack. I am going to be exhausted before we get there to work. I may welcome surgery in a couple of weeks so I can relax!!

TTYL--

Kat

Howdy Everyone :) Happy November. I been busy playing with my Bodybugg :) I'm hoping it keeps me moving so I stay at a calorie deficit and finally lose more weight. We'll see how it goes :)

sherry, how much is the bodybugg? (I know, helping to lose weight....priceless!) was just curious, I keep seeing it pop up in the posts.

Good Morning,

CHIT I just lost my post. I don't know what my fat finger hit but poof, gone.

I really miss you guys. My new job doesn't leave much time for me to go on the net and chat :confused: But this week, my boss is going away for a few days so I'm gonna try to get in here to see you all.

Today DD has Karate, then its home for cleaning, showering dd so she can go to her Daddy/Daughter dance (western theme lol) tonight. Me!!!!I'm gonna stay home and enjoy the peace and wrap christmas presents that I bought for DD :D

Eating has been crappy. Halloween we walked for 3 hours...so what do I do... I go to burger king and eat a chitty burger, onion rings and candy... uhhhhhhhhh when will I learn. My band is pretty loose, when I eat I can feel it almost instantly go right thru but I'm to embarassed to go get another fill b/c I gained :( yeah I know I know...I just got to get the balls up to go and get one. Hopefully b/4 Christmas.

Udder dan dat.....whatcha all up to this weekend????

Hey girlies, I've seen the chag about bodybugg too, please explain.....

Eileenie, u ate a CB, did it have lots of mayo and cheese on it, and bacon, and lettuce and Tomato, ok ok i'm drooling here. I did eat a slice of wheat toast the other day, I couldn't believe it, of course it was loaded with butter and strawberry jam, hehe, little bites, well chewed, bread, not a habit I want to get back into after almost 3 yrs.

Kat, I must have missed a post, (imagine that), where are you going to work that you have to pack and when is the surgery and what are they going to do?

Betty where are you?

Sherry, are you sure that's not a body bugger, LMAO.

Cindy, I know you and DD have something special planned this weekend, between you, Mandy, and Eileenie, y'all are always planning something for the DD's, as Martha would say, "that's a good thing" :confused:.

Diane, did you go Christmas shopping? I hear all the flower shops in Wmsg are having their Christmas open house today, only problem is those places are so dm expensive, I wish we had a Garden Ridge close by, I love that place.

Jetti, bandland will be here before you know it, just ask Diane, LOL.

Gotta go dry my hair before Gson gets here.

Hugs

Ok nothing like having a big post and have it disappear grrrrrrrrrr

Hello AGAIN Everyone lol

Hope everyone is able to enjoy their Saturday today. It's rainy and very windy here in Massachusetts from the Hurricane that made its way up the east coast area but, fortunately now it's just a storm. It's a great day for cooking so I think I'm going to pull out my crockpot and get something going soon. Hmmm maybe a nice pot roast or pork roast. It's about the only time I can have pork is from the crockpot otherwise my band doesn't like pork :( I've been doing good at staying away from the Halloween candy mainly because I didn't buy candy to give away this year I got those little bags of Doritos instead. I bought 60 bags and we ran out so next year I have to remember to buy more but, they were a hit with the kids and I'm less likely to eat a bunch. One 100 calorie bag was plenty for me but those little candybars are about 56 cals each and I would of eaten 10 or more of those by now so I'll stick with the Doritos next year too lol.

Eileen - The BodyBugg is a device that you wear on your upper right arm with the bugg part on your tricep. The device measures the calories you've burned for the day and you upload that information into the BodyBugg website which is where you also log in your food intake. It combines them together to give you a calorie deficit. If you keep your deficit at 500 a day you'll lose a pound in a week, 1000=2 pounds and so forth. Of course you have to be totally honest with your food intake but, I'm finding it's keeping me honest. This thing also measures the steps you've taken a day which is really cool. You can set it with alarms to remind yourself of many things, I just set mine up to go off (vibrates and beeps softly) at 8, 10, 1 and 3 so I get up from my desk and walk around the entire business office. It takes less than 2 minutes to walk it and it's 174 steps (yeap I counted lol) I don't usually take breaks but, this way I can get in more steps to burn more cals :D I think I'm going to add a few more alarms :) You can check out the LBT talk about it here bodybugg

signgirl - the price seems to be changing at 24 Hour Fitness centers - weekend specials 11-02-2007 through 11-04-2007 so you'd have to keep your eye out and watch that thread. People paid full price at the beginning then there was was a coupon available for a while which is when I got mine. I paid $229 for mine but, some people actually got it Nov 2nd for $189 plus shipping but, we noticed the price is back up to $329 or so. They may of made a booboo and people cashed in on it, I don't know why they changed the price so quickly otherwise. Some people have ordered it from ebay but, you have to remember you don't get the online support for that and it won't work without it. You end up having to purchase that separately if you don't go through 23hourfitness. You also get 2 calls with a personal bodybugg trainer to familiarize yourself with the website and how to use the bodybugg. She was really nice when she called me...even she doesn't like cardio workouts hahaha so she told me to keep pacing the house etc to get the steps in and that will keep me on track :confused:

Well I have to get going...need to get my walk in and get something started in the crockpot. Betty, Cindy, Mandy, Kat, Chrispy, Diane, Pat, Patty and newbies.....Helloooooooooo Have a great day everyone!

This weekend is going to be pretty calm. We have had a few crazy weeks and we all need a break. I have to collect 50 more signatures for a petition that our community is working on (mosquito abatement, fun huh?). I'm going to roast a chicken tonight for dinner, then make chicken and dumplings tomorrow. I will eat the chicken and sauce and I add peas, my family makes the dumplings disappear pretty quickly. I have avioded the hallowen candy pretty well. I did eat 2 boxes of milk duds, but they had like 3 in each box, so really still ok there. My weakness is the damn egg nog that I bought, is there anything better than egg nog? I also had a bottle of witches brew wine last week, it took me a whole week but I managed to drink the entire bottle. It was a nice dark smoky spicy wine. It was already mulled. I will be getting a few bottle of that to put up, it's seasonal. It was cheap and really good. I'm not a big drinker, but I like a nice sweet or spicy wine on occasion. I didn't make my apples yet, maybe today? I have everything out and ready to go, just no time. I'll be back later, if my feet don't freeze off from all the petition walking. ~Mandy

Good morning!

Pat, we are heading to Texas to take care of our place there, and to harvest pecans---such fun, I can hardly contain myself from the excitement! Only good thing about it at this point, is I WILL get lots of exercise!

Then I come back and have surgery on the 16th. The biggest tumor in/on my thyroid is right in the center. Your thyroid looks kind of like a bowtie--the center is called the isthmus, and I have a 3X4 cm. tumor there, working down into the right lobe. I also have 11 others on the right side. And 2 small ones on the left. Having nodules is quite common, and chances are some of them are just that, and not tumors. IF the ones on the left are simple nodules, and IF the thyroid tests cancer free, meaning the cancer cells are limited to the actual tumors themselves, and IF the thyroid lobe on the left side looks healthy, they will leave the left side. If any of those issues do not appear normal, or he says, some of it is just how it looks or feels--then the whole thing will be removed. The advantage to leaving it, would be my body making natural hormone, vs. all supplement.

So.....if we are going to TX to get things done, and going to be done with that and surgery before the holidays hit--nows my time. So we leave tomorrow. I am digging out my summer stuff I just put away! I have no idea what to pack this time of year. It is never just perfect, I either always freeze or burn. And many, many years the 1-2 weeks we are there, we will begin with using the A/C and before the week is up we are lighting heaters, especially if it begins raining. We have lots of fencing to do, cattle to sell, and innoculate, fields to shred (girls I drive a mean tractor!!!)

Will be back a week from Monday so I can do my pre op appointment.

Will be back to check on everyone, laundry needs changed out so I can pack!

TTYL-

Kat

Hi everybody, Well its been about 3 1/2days now since being banded and I gotta tell ya...day two was the one that insisted I rest! Today I fell like I've turned the corner. I can get out of a chair and bed without grabbing something to help me up! LOL...I still just let ,whatever it is that I just dropped on the floor, stay there unntil I ask DH to pick it up for me. Apparently toe touching is still a few weeks away!:) But I feel really good, and getter better quickly every day. I'm just about to run out of the high Protein liquid meal samples, so I'd better hustle-up something quick, since I'm supposed to be on this liquid diet til Nov. 13 (er, well, that's my post-op appt., hope dr. realeases me to mushies then!)

Thanks Sherry for the info on the bodybugg, and good luck with yours! Sounds like something a gadget lovin' gal like me would love!

Hope you have a safe trip, Kat. Good luck with all that needs to be done in TX. Sounds like a lot of hard work to me...don't wear yourself down too much.

I want some pecans!

Diane, have you had that feeling/thought...."OMG, what have I done" yet? I did on day three, also had a touch of post surgery depression, then the next day I was AOK.

Later girls

Hey there! How're all you fantastic folks doin this mornin'?

Chrispy, ahhhhhhhhhh romance :biggrin1: what a great feeling! What did ya'll do Saturday?

Well I guess Kat's on the road to TX, huh? Maybe she'll be able to find a good wi-fi spot, I hope so, don't know about ya'll, but I love getting my "fix" of what's up with evrybody :)

Hey Pat, when do the monkeys get released and go after Betty?

Jessica....yoooo hooooo Jessica (that's bandland calling! :clap2:) Don't worry, it's going to be just fine. And before you know it, you'll actually be able to relax for a change!

Have a great day everybody!

Actually Diane, I will be as soon as my inlaws get out of church--something they do NOT miss, for any reason whatsoever!

We actually got some wonderful news this morning, wanted to share, and ask for prayers. Ricks cousin we see while we are there, she is 6 days older than he is, and they were raised as siblings, has severe type 1 diabetes. It has destroyed her kidneys, and she has been on dialysis for several months now---waiting a kidney/pancreas transplant--and her call came!! We will not make it for the actual surgery which is today, but we will be there soon. Her name is Debbie, and she is an awesome person! She lost her first husband, a minister to an asthma attack, then she married this total opposite, a biker---we were all shocked!!! She had been a foster parent for many years, well she and her new husband moved and began being in home parents at a Fosters Home. They parent anywhere from 4-8 kids in addition to their own who is 8. Her older boys from her first marriage, are married and have kids of their own--but she is not finished being a Mom, not as long as anyone needs her. Her now 20 year old son was left with severe brain damage following a bad encephalitic ccase of WEst Nile Virus...so this gal has had her share!

She had a stroke when she was just months old, that was when they discovered serious diabetes issues, so she has dealt with it her whole life--and now she sees the glow of that light at the end of the tunnel. Now we all know these things sometimes fall through, but we are praying hard!

With that....my Aunt and Uncle where I was going to access the computer will of course be gone. So if I don't check in, don't worry!

Will be back soon!!

Kat

ok for some reason I have not been able to get on the site for a few days and it was stressing me out!!! I dont know if it was my computer or the webpage but thank goodness I can get on again.

tomorrow is my day and I think I am going to vomit!!!

ok I have a question - do the doctor's allow you to wear your underwear during surgery???? why is it that my TOM had to start before surgery and not after????

hope everyone had a GREAT weekend