Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ November Thread

Good mornin' Everybody!

I hope ya'll don't mind me starting a NJ November thread. I didn't know if there was a protocol in place since you guys have been together for so long! LOL!

Yesterday (1st day banded) really wasn't too bad at all. No sore throat or chapped lips from the breathing tube, that was great. More discomfort than pain, except when I tried to get in or out of bed. Our bed is one of those temperPedic mattresses, which basically means your hand sinks into the bed whenever you try to use it to push-off (making it tough). Think I'll stick to chairs today :)

Jessica, everybody is of course, different....but for me it really has not been bad (knocking on wooden head). Unless it's gonnna sneak up on me I havn't had any of those shoulder gas pains I've read about. But there sure is a lot of rumbling in the tummy......it's probably still trying to recover from all the smell in the October thread: red candy apples, caramel apples, Cookies galore, stuffed jalapenos!

Chrissie how was the date? Great I hope. Sounded like a nice comfortable way to spend it.

Pat thanks so much for letting folks know how things went for me. At the time I was just feeling a little too nauseous to post. They gave me some Dilaudid (sounds like delotta) and I think thats what made me queasy.

Cindy & Mandy you guys deserve a big hand for all that you did to make a happy time for all the children. Today you breathe a little, I hope! Mandy, Awesome Jack-O-Lanterns!!!!

Hey Betty, Can you believe somebody's actually UP at this hour?!!!! LOL! Been laying around since the surgery yesterday morn. now I can't sleep! I notice where you were the first one up in the October thread ;)

Kat, hope your house is still in one piece, after grandson's visit! :D

Sherry, you're right about the protien shakes. I knew they were'nt gonna be great, so my first day banded was my first taste, ugh....I sprinkled a little cinnamon on top so I could smell & taste that a little. It sorta helped.

Hey Jess, see you in bandland on Tuesday :)

I can't believe I'm actually thinking of doing some Christmas shopping saturday. It's been a thing with me to take off on my birthday to do that. I thought I'd be out of commission, but I don't feel too bad :clap2:

Have a great day everybody!!!!

Hey Diane, don't over do it, but if you want to let your fingers do the shopping .... online, then go for it, LOL. I shop quite a bit on line, I hate dragging that stuff into the house. Wouldn't it be great if all adult gifts could be in the form of a gift card? Better yet, if we only had to do gifts for ppl under 18 ;). Oh well, it will be here before we know it.

Thanks for starting the Nov NJ chat, I've attempted to get the same thing started for the VA thread, but we'll see how it goes.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning,

Happy November :)

Dianne, hope your feeling better ;)

Signgirl, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! Listen to Mama Pat...take it easy, don't do anything stressful for 6 weeks (or until your doc says its okay) last thing you need to do is rip anything or create scar tissue OUCH!!!! SLOW IS GOOOOOOD !!!!

Well we went trick or treating for 3 hours yesterday then went to a burger joint and ate more calories then I burned off OY!!!!

Sorry I can't stay... Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Love and miss yah'..... tty on Saturday.

:) Eileen

Happy Thanksgiving.... well, not yet!

Cool and overcast here in Calif.

How was everybody's Halloween. WE got 2 tubs of candy last night and it only took an hour! This morning woke up with leg cramps - gosh am I old or what? :heh: Anyhoo, I'm gearing up to deck out the house with Christmas (already have the stockings up just for fun)

Mandy: your Oogie Boogie pumpkin was very cute! And congrats on the district job. My two little ones don't know that I'm not working. Maybe I'll hear about my application soon. Hugs.

Eileen: So glad to see ya.

I wanted to tell you guys what happened at the "Moment of Truth" seminar on Saturday. Vikki & I walked in and immediately noticed that the room felt like a selling conference -- geared to introducing new people to the lapband. I wondered if this was gonna be worth it, cause I already have the band(vikki was thinking the same thing). We were introduced to Dr. Billy from ventura(penni60's dr.) and the pros & cons of bypass vs lapband. Then there was testimony from successfull patients and then Kaliah Ali spoke. She was elegant, beautiful and encouraging. Her starting weight was 325 and standing in front of me was a 160lbs 5ft 9inch beauty. She was very pretty. We all had surveys on our seats and at first I wasn't going to fill it out.... having had surgery already then they said if we filled it out, we would get Kaliah's book! Whoo hoo! At one point in the presentation they asked those of us in the audience who had a lapband to stand up. Vikki & I hesitated and then stood -- we were amongst 6 others that stood. Later after it ended, people came up to us asking about the scars, and what it was like.... etc. I felt very honored to share and to let them know that I hadn't had a fill and was doing well. After we got our books we were told that Kaliah was signing and I spoke with her for just a moment. Just looking into her eyes I have renewed hope that I will make my band work. Vikki and I became better aquainted on our drive and we shared something very special that day. So, if any of you get the chance to see Kaliah Ali on her tour, I recommend it!

Oooooh, gotta scoot! Hugs.

PS: Jessica, I know that the shakes are really gross but what helped me was to add a bit of non-dairy Creamer to thin it out(sometimes it was half & half). After surgery it's about healing and I was desparate for the Protein and didn't mind a couple extra calories. I still mix it this way.

Happy November.

My FIL fell last week so it's been crazy around here. In and out of the hospital. It sure has been a crazy year!

I got some awesome news at work today which I will share with you all as soon as I can.

Well I'm going to bed.

Welcome to bandland signgirl

Mandy those pumpkins look AMAZING!! I'm very impressed!

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. The date went great. So great in fact that we're going out again on Saturday. I totally have butterflies and am loving every minute of it. :)

Hey guys---still ended up running out of time!

Diane, so glad to see you up and around, welcome to bandland!!!

I will do my best to get back tomorrow. We are heading to Texas this weekend. We need to get there, get some things done, and get back for my surgery.

I have surgery on the 16th. Dr. feels it needs to be done now as opposed to later....

If anyone remembers the site for the black Friday ads---post it for me pretty, pretty please.

Since I am unsure what to expect, I want to have a plan!!

Will do my best to get back tomorrow!

Kat

Cool!! Thanks so much Mandy---I knew I could search it out, but thought maybe someone was ahead of me!!! I like having an idea, so we can work a plan around it, of what to buy for who! We have a lot of it done already--I'd say 1/2 to 2/3 of it, but still of course have some to do. I am doing my best not to buy a bunch of small things for the grandkids. We bought them large things, and are trying to keep the little things down, not so much financially as just they have sooo much!

Manda goes through Kinseys toys and clothes around Thanksgiving and clears out, but Lindzie just had a fit, and went crying to her Grandma that Manda was getting rid of her toys--got the MIL to be, mad at Manda---so she told Ryan he had to do it....we'll see! They are taking the hard toys---things that can be disinfected to the hospital, for them to have in Ped.'s, and the other things she takes to Sarah's House which is a local shelter. Well we take them to the church, where the house is located is supposed to be a secret, and the door is not answered, for safety and privacy issues.

We always did the kids in Fall---they all have birthdays in the Fall, followed by Christmas, was a good time to clear out!

Well I am off to lunch with my friends. One of them is the one her twin brother was crushed on the fork lift several months ago. Today is her birthday, her first in 47 years she is not sharing with him---she is very emotional, so another old friend and I thought maybe going out could give her something else to concentrate on for a little while.

Then I have to get the oil changed and tires rotated so we can head to Texas this weekend. I will take my laptop, not sure about connecting anywhere though....

Will be back before I leave for sure!

Kat

Kat, I signed up the the email updates, that's how I get the info so early. They have had ads posted for almost 2 weeks already. ~Mandy

Happy November...Oh my gosh! It's here already!

Thanks for starting the thread, signgirl (Dianne)! No protocol here, no way. Just whoever actually remembers we are in a new month...we never know who that might be! Also, glad to see you are up and feeling better, but DO take it easy. There'll be heck to pay if you overdo it, take it from us veterans. Remember it really is about the healing, and put that first, the weight will come off, really. There's time for that after a while.

I'm sure Mandy will agree, we enjoy doing all this kid stuff with our little girls...because not very off in the future, we will have teens, and all this will be behind us, and we'll have different things to do. For me, being an "older" mom...it's just a big kick to have the time to do all this! This morning, I spent some time greeting the kids as they came to school, and opening their car doors for them. It was lots of fun!

Nothing new otherwise around here...glad to see all my pals here, and glad things are going well for all.

Hugs,

Cindy

Hi Girlzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can't wait to catch up with you tomorrow....

I'm out the door heading home zoooooooooooom !! TGIFFFFFFFFFFF (you figure out the f's LOLOL).

SMOOOOCHIES

just wanted to stop and in say HIIII!!!!! hope everyone has a great weekend and I cant wait to see you all in bandland next week - my belly has been a nervous wreck all week and its just going to get worse!!