Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Totally PJTP: I taunt my dog. I am a bad dog mom. You see, his real name is Woodchuck. I did NOT name him. When I got him, I decided calling him Woody was close enough and not too traumatic for him. Poor dog has to contend with all those folks who make jokes... (a poet and didn't know it)

But what's awful is...I ask him how much wood can a woodchuck chuck...etc. Woody is blonde. He never gets it. So sad. :blushing:

Sad? I'm sitting here amusing myself taunting my blonde dog on a Sat night. Didn't even have wine. Just being bored.....Then I read Kat's post about wood cutting...

Really good to hear from G4E though! Kat, please keep us updated.

Toodles

So, ThePoolGirl (cute name, by the way....I assume you swim a bit)

Does does your Woody like it when you pet him?

Does your Woody go to bed with you?

How big is your Woody?

and what kind of jokes do people make about him? I can't see making jokes about a sweet dog.

All I have is a Hamster. I've thought about getting a dog. But I probably couldn't get a Woody like the one you have.

Goodness. I'm liking this place. And to think I came here to talk about Lap Bands!:blushing:

MissBandy

Oh man this is going to be long!

First off tho, thank you so much, all of you, for your concern. I'm doing MUCH better. Still haven't eaten since dinner Wed night BUT I am getting Water in. This AM, well Sat AM, since it's after midnight now, I was able to drink chocolate milk. Later in the day on the trip home, I bought a frapp lite and nursed that all afternoon/evening. DD and I got home about 5:30, a day early as we pushed thru Friday with a 10.5 hr trip from Oregon to Sacramento. DD caught my 24hr bug but was done with it in 12! Woke up Sat AM like she'd never been sick Whew!

I'm still REALLY tight but since I was able to get liquids in Sat, I'm going to try Soup later today. I will be calling my nurse first thing Mon AM if I'm still really tight and having a hard time eating the soup. I PROMISE!!!

It was so hard being, not only out of town but out of STATE! And my surgeon is out of the country right now so if I do go in this week, I'll be seeing his fill-in. I'm going to be double-checking everything that happened with my surgeon once he gets back. I don't want to let it go. I want to make sure that I'll be okay.

Okay, now for my multi-post from hell! :blushing:

~Pooly, sheep smashing = LOL!!

~Kat, deer, I totally understand! That's why my garden is in a dog kennel this year! We've not been using the fencing and I needed something quick so we set it up. It's 10x12x4ft, cyclone fencing. Ugly but serving a good purpose! LOL!

So glad to hear news of Paula! I'm glad she called you.

Woodcutting, we SO have to get on that but it's been so bloody hot here that the cutting areas are still closed! Cutting season ends Nov 30th, we're running out of time! :biggrin:

~Tap, nice notice on the conference! Have a safe trip. We'll miss you!!!

Glad the eyes are getting better!

Nice job on the pants!!! WTG!!!

~Slim, sorry about the eatery but nice NSV! I've doing a lot of the "last year would've" stuff. Nice change isn't it?

~Glouc, so excited for you on the job front! It's nice to finally have some good job news around here!!!

The soup you taste tested sounds wonderful!

~Kristen, did you have fun at the party? DD is getting an adult sized reality check! Just wait til she's on her own! Sounds like the shopping was fun!

~Ebony, how did your event go today? Glad you and DH are working things out.

~Lu, nice job on the mountain biking! WTG!

~Beth, sorry for the lost study day! Thanks again for the PM.

~KC, so was the mojito dinner or was that just the side dish? WTG on the 18 mile walk!!

Okay, so I decided to just obliterate everyone's posts and do shout-outs instead! Now I'm off to bed!

'Night everyone!!

PJTP...Good early Sunday morning, Everyone! :biggrin:

Preparing oatmeal to eat before DD and I go out the door to the Step Out for Diabetes walk this morning. Walk starts at 9, so if we leave at 8-ish, we'll be there in plenty of time. Got good music on my iPhone and I'm ready to go.

It's really chilly this morning - in the low 40's, so we're going to pick up some inexpensive gloves on the way out. Mine will be bright red (or as red as I can get - I love that color!).

Will try to take some pics during the walk and post them here (or in an album) later when I return. Have to go to a political fundraiser / meet-and-greet this afternoon - it's that season around here!

Everyone have a fabulous day!:biggrin: BBL! :blushing:

Heartfire - mojito was side dish - girl's got to keep up her Protein and all :blushing:

Morning everyone! (Well, it is almost afternoon...but still a.m.)

Just got back from another apple-picking adventure - picked a bushel in about 10 minutes; DH and I each picked one, and we took our tenant along. She doesn't like apples (who doesn't like apples??) but she appreciated getting out into the 'country' (a mere 10 minutes away). She decided she liked picking the apples, just not eating them. So now while DH puts on a pot of coffee, I will catch up on LBT. Then, it will be a paring/coring, slicing marathon as I make more applesauce, bake a few things before I go on vacation/work, and prepare bags for the freezer for pies later in the year.

So, Thanks Kat for the update on G4E...I will indeed keep her in my thoughts, and certainly extend our heartfelt wishes when you call her. Your family expedition sounded like fun. I need to replace the wood burning fireplace with a high efficiency one, but that will have to be sometime later.

Ebony - good luck on the walk! And am glad DH is D again!

Heartfire - Call first thing Monday morning - what you are going through is not healthy or safe.

MissBandy - Welcome! And yes, this thread is now my fav part of the LBT experience...sometimes I even forget to go to the subject area threads!

Pool-y- You just KNOW that Plain is going to comment on the dog's name - he cannot help himself!

Sick - Thanks!!!

Heartfire - Call first thing Monday morning - what you are going through is not healthy or safe.

MissBandy - Welcome! And yes, this thread is now my fav part of the LBT experience...sometimes I even forget to go to the subject area threads!

* heartfire - taps is right, not how this is to work....get thee to a dr!

* missbandy - heartfelt welcome!

* ebony - all the best on your race today.

* kat, we have about 10 pecan trees down and a few cedars that need a good chop down for the fire pit we have by the pond. that's on DH's to do list, me i just ordered a gas log/clicker remotes for the ones inside.....keep the mess outside:)

* taps, my mom use to make applesauce - but used onions. that was a big thing she made w/pork & potato pancakes w/sour cream.....omg that was SO good

pjtp - puppies get up very early & very active......then they crash and your still up (pic attached)..

cooking for tailgate, football game tonight & i think a nap is in order to sustain...LOL

post-225434-13813138718641_thumb.jpg

Totally PJTP: I taunt my dog. I am a bad dog mom. You see, his real name is Woodchuck. I did NOT name him. When I got him, I decided calling him Woody was close enough and not too traumatic for him. Poor dog has to contend with all those folks who make jokes... (a poet and didn't know it)

But what's awful is...I ask him how much wood can a woodchuck chuck...etc. Woody is blonde. He never gets it. So sad. :unsure:

Sad? I'm sitting here amusing myself taunting my blonde dog on a Sat night. Didn't even have wine. Just being bored.....Then I read Kat's post about wood cutting...

Really good to hear from G4E though! Kat, please keep us updated.

Toodles

I can top that. Our neighbors have a dog named Woody. The owners? Two gay guys. Yep. :biggrin:

Though to take the funny out of it, he is a brindle and they called him that due to the fact that he looks like wood. Well, that's what they SAY... :biggrin:

PJTP...Hi Everyone! :biggrin:

Just got back in from the walk and a brief stop at 'Family Day' at one of our local parks. It's a big deal, lots of my former co-workers from City Hall are there, so it's a nice way to catch up with everyone.

The walk was awesome - 3 miles. I ended up not running it, because I was unsure of the course, and I'm glad I didn't try to run it. The course varied from concrete to asphalt to gravel to rocks to bumpy grass with ruts in the walking path from the park vehicles, etc, etc, etc...would have been a turned ankle for sure!

I did finish the 3 miles in right around 30 minutes - I think that's pretty good! :w00t: I walked with my iPhone on and chased the 'rabbits' - the group that went out first. I started in the middle of the pack and made my way to the front when I realized the rest of the folks were just kinda strolling. I guess my competitive side came out! :unsure:

The leading group I passed had one really fast guy (the rabbit) who passed me again on the second lap (two laps of 1.5 mile course) so I tried to keep up with him on the second lap, but alas, he was too fast for me and beat me to the finish. I think I was the first woman to finish, and probably the first "Red Hat" to finish. They gave the folks who were Diabetics and walking red hats to wear. Unfortunately, mine wouldn't fit over the afro, but I love the hat anyway! :biggrin:

Here's a pic of me after the walk was over...

Here's the team, minus one member (the photographer)...the shadows were killer!

post-246008-13813138719382_thumb.jpg

post-246008-13813138719826_thumb.jpg

Pjtp my mom just came by to meet his mom for the first time. He and his dad are out golfing and my mother is horrible. In the first 5 mins she whined about the money she didn't get from her uncle's estate, then she trashed aurbon (sp) that his mom sells, she made some horrible reference to Gone With The Wind Scarlett O'Hara, she propped one leg sideways on the sofa while one was still on the floor (omg!), she said John (my stepdad) was faking hip pain (he's almost 80!) and then she called his mom's dog fat.

Ebony - congrats on the race!

Glou - are you trying to say you're adopted (wishful thinking?)

Miss Bandy was suspended? Huh, fancy that.

Ebony, WTG!! Whooooo HOOOOOOooooo!!

Tap, gonna miss you. Get back soon.

Heartfire, glad you're feeling better.:wub:

Beth, not so sure I believe the neighbors' story about their Woody. Something fishy there :w00t:.

Lulu, happy cooking!

Glou, honey, my family will swear that they gave you up at birth. You GOTTA be adopted. Holy crap, find a rock! Send me your birth cert and I'll doctor it for ya :biggrin:.

Everyone else - howdy! Hope you're having great weekends. It's raining here and too cold for the pool :unsure::mad::biggrin::angry:

It's even more sad when adults are incapable of following the rules. When someone is banned, the person is banned, not just the user name. It has nothing to do with power. If you have a problem with they way we moderate the forums, speak with Alex. However, I can assure you he backs us 100% on this.

So I guess you just have to know which rules are the ones you have to follow - since it seems pretty arbitrary at times.

But of course so does some people's definition of adult behavior - has not exactly been modeled well of late.