Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP -

You all know that the job front for me has been a little crazy. Layoffs are around once or twice a month since the beginning of the year. I work for a large oil tool company that just recently decided to merge all the divisions (a total of 9). I work as an admin in the Import/Export Compliance dept.

So, with the announcement of the merge, we were told that we were moving to another building across town. I was told I'd work under Ms. Z with my co-worker Princess, but it wasn't made official.

Then Princess was out last week and Ms. Z was notified and I was cc'd on the email...and Ms. Z sent an email asking if anyone there could do the imports while Princess was out.

My first thought was, "If I'm on Z's roster, then why doesn't she know I exist???" I immediately replied with a "look at me!" email.

Another email came out later that was generic, from the big-big boss, and I sent an email with a few well-worded questions and was told that pretty soon I'll be moving under Ms. M. M??? wth? When did that change? So, still not knowing what's what, I let it rest a few days.

Yesterday our group was invited to go to the other location and participate in a cookout they were having. I had a BALL!!! When we got back I sent an email to the big boss that I wanted to talk to him.

He called me later at home! I was not prepared for that.

He said I was safe, I had a home there and that I was getting a promotion. (Title only, grade and $$ won't come while layoffs are happening, but will later.) I won't be an admin, I'll be handling exports along with a team of others whom I adore!

I am so relieved and so happy. I had an interview for another department and now I'm thinking of cancelling that. It's not at all appealing, but it was a job and I was worried...now, I'm soooo happy beyond belief!!!

Sorry for the lengthy post!!!

DH's 'rent are almost here...need to finish cleaning up a bit. Ya'll have a GREAT weekend!

BUT I FIT A SIZE 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Would it be so wrong to only buy that manufacturers clothing for the rest of my life???

Hot damn! That is awesome Tap!!!!! :(:thumbup:

He said I was safe, I had a home there and that I was getting a promotion. (Title only, grade and $$ won't come while layoffs are happening, but will later.) I won't be an admin, I'll be handling exports along with a team of others whom I adore!

Yay Glouc! That is great news.

Tap - that is soooo awesome!!!!! :thumbup:

Great NSV!!!!

Thanks!!!

No seriously, I had to give you a fist pump and say congratulations!!! That is amazing.:(

Thanks Crzy - and welcome!

Tap you and Lu are my Hero's haha.

Imagine, someonr put Lu and I in the same sentence! Wonderful - but misplaced. Im not a fit skinny minnie with killer arms - but I am a single-digit size! I can't believe it?? Can you tell?

I'm soooo happy beyond belief!!!

Congrats Glou!!! I'd cancel the interview for the other position.

YAY Glou!

Hot damn! That is awesome Tap!!!!! :):thumbup:

Thanks Slim.

Perhaps this is the incentive I need to help curb my appetite until my next fill!

Um, I don't suppose it is fashionable to wear clothes with the tag outside, is it??:thumbup:

Tap~ What a great NSV! Single digit clothes - WOW!

Glouc~ What a relief. Sounds like you will be working with a great group of people - makes the job so much easier. And no princess!

Crzy~ Welcome! Fish makes me gag!

Beth~ Hope you are feeling ok, sounds like you tied one on last night!

Heart~ Hope you are feeling better, sounds like the flu. It is horrible to get sick like that when you are away from home.

PJTP: I have a DECA event today with the kids and we are having a Water war and a huge slip n slide - I am going to go for it! Can't wait - it is on a hill and looks like so much fun! The FB boys did it a couple of weeks ago before school started and I just wanted to run out and join in, but thought better of it - DS probably would have been a bit embarassed. Haha, he will be there today! But now he is on my playing field!

Took DD shopping for necessities last night. She was so funny. She didn't think of all the things that she just takes for granted, they just show up and she uses them. She was pushing the cart and I was following along, she got in the spirit of being a poor college student and was checking prices, etc. Aww, she is all grown up and I am going to miss her.

Well, I better finish up some housework and get busy. Have to be at school to get set up and get the BBQ fired up for the parent meeting after we have some fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Um, I don't suppose it is fashionable to wear clothes with the tag outside, is it??:(

I'd wear them inside and point to the tag! Heck, I would make a shirt and wear it! Be proud!

Took DD shopping for necessities last night. She was so funny. She didn't think of all the things that she just takes for granted, they just show up and she uses them. She was pushing the cart and I was following along, she got in the spirit of being a poor college student and was checking prices, etc.

It is a real shock the first time you have to get everything; like the first time you set up a kitchen and realize that you need EVERYTHING from cutlery and pots and pans to salt and dishclothes!.

I'd wear them inside and point to the tag! Heck, I would make a shirt and wear it! Be proud!

:(:lol::) Thanks!

Tap and Glou - Congratulations to you both!!!!! That is so awesome and well deserved for both of you!

ROCKSTARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tap and Glou - Congratulations to you both!!!!! That is so awesome and well deserved for both of you!

Whooooo Hooooo to Glou and Tap!

:biggrin::blushing::blush::biggrin::blush::blush:

Thanks ladies!

I luv you guys!

We're in the car heading back from test tasting wedding venue. They made a carrot bisque for me and it was sooo good! I put that on the menu! Today is a great day!!

That's awesome glou! I'm glad you are having a great day - now make it a great night too!

Working on it! Got something I can knock the inlaws out with?

A brick?

Or PTF PRN (pillow to face, as needed)