Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I don't know if anyone here has seen this yet, but I needed to share! It gives me goosebumps!! It just goes to show that we should never judge by appearances.

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009

I saw it yesterday. I got tears in my eyes listening to her.

Heartfire, I am so sorry that you had such a terrible time. I am glad that he was able to get you feeling better. I feel for the nurse because she really screwed up. I hope everything turns out ok.

I'm leaning towards doing this other tri a few weeks later. :( I'm going to talk to our track coach tomorrow and see what she says.

There is no law saying you can't do them both....

There is no law saying you can't do them both....

Actually there is. I worked dilligently with congress to establish "Plain's law". This much-needed legislation would make it a misdemeanor to engage in any exercise that would make me look lazy. Sorry BG and Mac.

Morning all! I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend (whether 2, 3, or 4 days duration).

WAY too many postings to catch up...caught a few of the 'hilights' - heartfire - sorry to hear of your challenges; CC - glad to hear the babe is doing so well.

Now, with mug of coffee in hand, and thermos of coffee standing by, it is time to tackle the work on my desk.

Then your trainer must have really known what they were doing with the pincers. It's the variance of the skill levels between different trainers that worries me..

that was my concern as well - just didn't trust the pincers; he must know what he's doing ... on side note, no WAY could i look like a mangina - the girls & booty still exist in plenty.:):)

heartfire - so sorry about the PB episode, i would stay on fluids for a few days to reduce the swelling.

re fill level - i think the reason i insist on knowing is something i read here early on. some poster believed she had a leak - one day she'd get a fill, it would last 2 maybe 3 days then all restriction gone. her dr would never tell her how much he was putting in or how much she had. i like the fact that all 7.2cc's gets pulled out & put back in - give or take a small fill or unfill. it's my little check/balance that "no leak exists"....:sad:

ok - like taps ; coffee & lots of it this am.

Actually there is. I worked dilligently with congress to establish "Plain's law". This much-needed legislation would make it a misdemeanor to engage in any exercise that would make me look lazy. Sorry BG and Mac.

Ah...leave it to Plain to give me my first giggle of the morning.

Good morning Tap!

Morning!

So far I'm doing okay with the fill. It would make me batty to not know what I'm getting. That's ridiculous IMO, and I wouldn't leave the doctor's until I knew what was going on with the band.

I have a stress management/yoga class with the Doc's therapist on Wednesday. He suggested I get some stress therapy since I get tighter with stress and have been mega stressed lately.

On exercise note, we took DD's friend to the gym with us last night. They're pretty laid back there, and we normally just walk in and wave...so it wasn't an issue for her to go. She and DD were on the elipticals and DH and I were on the treadmills in front of them. I was doing a modified vs of C25K, where I'd walk for 1.5 mins and run for 2 mins, for a total of 30 minutes. Afterwards, I asked the girl what she thought of the gym and her eyes got wide and she said, "YOU WERE RUNNING!!"

I felt good and bad. Good, that, yeah - I was running! (Said like Forest Gump). Bad, because I guess I'm so fat she was shocked that I could run! :)

Heartfire, SO sorry to hear about your episode!! Omg, how scary!

I had a horrible PB episode last night which resulted in vomiting. It lasted the longest ever, but probably because I just had a fill. I went to school still not fully unstuck and sat out in the parking lot trying to bring it up, then went inside to the bathroom and tried. I was already 20 or so minutes late to class so I went in, and two minutes after sitting down, I got "that feeling" again and ran to the bathroom and finally it came up. Though mine didn't last all day, it was over an hour of misery. Good lord, why can't I learn to not eat fast when I need to get going?? :)

Oh, and speaking of PB... I came across this thread yesterday and am alarmed by the doctor's response today!!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/emergency-advice-needed-92116/#post1199608

Beth - if ever you figure out a way to make your head issue the instruction to your mouth, let me in on the secret! My head is REALLY good at giving sage advice AFTER the event - 'You know you should slow down. You know you should chew more. You know you can't eat before 8am' etc....

Beth - if ever you figure out a way to make your head issue the instruction to your mouth, let me in on the secret! My head is REALLY good at giving sage advice AFTER the event - 'You know you should slow down. You know you should chew more. You know you can't eat before 8am' etc....

LOL, so true. :)

thats unsafe even w/out a band to go that long w/out fluids.

she'll end up in the ER w/her drs advice - DUMB.!.

That's my thought! I've got to say I'm VERY alarmed by her doctor's attitude about this!

Well you said it was a sprint tri right? Take a mountain bike out on a course for, let's say, 20ish miles. Or even just the 12. Examine how you feel afterward and make your decision based on that. The swim and run portions are obvious not the deciding factor. Really I am sure you could do it if you tried it. You have enough fitness for it ya know?

MacMadame, I agree with what she said. :)

I know for me, biking was rough the first few times as far as getting tired and having the quivery Jello feeling in your legs when you stopped going from being out of shape and overweight right after banding.

However, it didn't take long for me to get used to it and now I think I could just about bike forever. My time left for biking diminishes long before my desire or ability wanes. I would give it a shot and see how it goes.

Edited by HeatherO

ColoradoChick, I am happy to hear that Shane is doing better and might be going home :0).

FannyAdams, That clip was great. She was a very surprising performer, thanks for sharing.

Plain, you crack me up as always.

I also hate when they don't want to tell you how much fill you have, regardless of relevance. It is not for me to compare, but I am just the kind of person who really wants to know the details. I also like to know how I change over time. I found that I could tolerate a much bigger fill in the past than I could in the present. I just like to be involved in my care . . . anything they don't want to tell me just seems silly. It is not like I will run around saying "Ive got more fill than you, na na na nanana"

Speaking of which I have 0 fill right now and it kinda sucks, but I am getting by, lol. It is just a reminder of why I needed a band in the first place . . . because I was HUNGRYYYY!!!!

I don't know if anyone here has seen this yet, but I needed to share! It gives me goosebumps!! It just goes to show that we should never judge by appearances.

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Singer - Britains Got Talent 2009

Omg, that was fantastic! And to hear and see all those who tittered and snickered at her when she came out stand up in roaring ovation... well, they should be ashamed.