Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Oh, but my cancer is fatal and the advantage of dying is that I won't have to take a lawn mower to my very hairy legs!!! lol

Sorry to learn of the prognosis. Reading later posts, you have maintained humor and dignity...which you have undoubtedly learned are a help for both you and those around you. May you continue to live with grace and style.

My thoughts are with you.

Gosh, I came on here to post a big fat (is that hypocritical?) HAPPY FRIDAY and now I just feel sad. Green I am so sorry to hear of your prognosis and I too will be sending out some good vibes to you.

Green, prayers and thoughts are with you.

PJTP....I must be at my sweet spot. Yea! I got a fill on Monday. I have to remind myself to eat! LOL Before I thought to much about food and now hardly ever! This is so great! I have lost 3 lbs since Mon.!:thumbup: I have always been happy with my band, but I really did have to work it. Now I still will have to work it to a certain extent, like making sure I get my Water in and my protien. (even though right now I don't want anything).

I kinda liken it to a couple. First research and banding= going steady and engagement phase. 13_1_211.gifSweet spot= Honeymoon phase.36_3_28.gif

Reaching and maintaining goal= The rest of your life comitment in sickness and health phase.13_1_205.gif

That is awesome G4E! It is funny that you mentioned that because I was wondering this morning how much more weight I will have to lose to actually be able to see them.

luluc-we are about the same height, how much did you lose before you could see your collar bones?

MIL update-DH had it out with MIL last night. She called asking to "borrow" a box of hamburger helper. He told her that this was crazy. He told her that he found it funny that when she lived with her sister (in the same city), she not only couldn't be bothered with calling us, but she couldn't be bothered with her only grandson, but NOW she wants to call to borrow food? WTF? He said that people don't f*cking borrow food! I have to give DH props for standing up to the crazy MIL.

Congratulations to you for getting to your sweet spot. I well remember mine. Now, thanks to cancer, eh, I am very skinny - this is the silver lining in that very black cloud! - and can wear belts again which I am doing right now. I am currently wearing a big black belt low on the waist....

MIL update-DH had it out with MIL last night. She called asking to "borrow" a box of hamburger helper. He told her that this was crazy. He told her that he found it funny that when she lived with her sister (in the same city), she not only couldn't be bothered with calling us, but she couldn't be bothered with her only grandson, but NOW she wants to call to borrow food?

Glad to hear DH stood up to MIL....what was her response? How did he feel afterwards?

MIL update-DH had it out with MIL last night. She called asking to "borrow" a box of hamburger helper. He told her that this was crazy. He told her that he found it funny that when she lived with her sister (in the same city), she not only couldn't be bothered with calling us, but she couldn't be bothered with her only grandson, but NOW she wants to call to borrow food? WTF? He said that people don't f*cking borrow food! I have to give DH props for standing up to the crazy MIL.

Whoa, DH grew a spine!!! KUDOS!! I guess the light has gone on. :thumbup:

(sorry, not being disrespectful or dogging on DH... you know what I mean)

Glad to hear DH stood up to MIL....what was her response? How did he feel afterwards?

She hung up on him after telling him that she didn't need our hamburger helper. DH was incredulous that she actually called asking to "borrow" food. I guess he didn't think of the butter from the other day as food. The more he talked, the more upset he got. I don't know if I mentioned this the other day, but BIL came over to open cans (since she was too lazy to go and buy a can opener). I had DH's dinner sitting on the counter. BIL helped himself to DH's dinner while in the kitchen opening his cans. DH was fuming. Well, after talking to MIL, he started fuming about that all over again. It was a sight to behold. He was furious with her. He even threatened to block her phone calls. I doubt he would actually do it, but he was upset to the point of doing it last night.

(sorry, not being disrespectful or dogging on DH... you know what I mean)

No offense taken Beth. I knew what you meant.

She hung up on him after telling him that she didn't need our hamburger helper. DH was incredulous that she actually called asking to "borrow" food. I guess he didn't think of the butter from the other day as food. The more he talked, the more upset he got. I don't know if I mentioned this the other day, but BIL came over to open cans (since she was too lazy to go and buy a can opener). I had DH's dinner sitting on the counter. BIL helped himself to DH's dinner while in the kitchen opening his cans. DH was fuming. Well, after talking to MIL, he started fuming about that all over again. It was a sight to behold. He was furious with her. He even threatened to block her phone calls. I doubt he would actually do it, but he was upset to the point of doing it last night.

Oh wow... so I guess that gall is hereditary. :thumbup:

Oh wow... so I guess that gall is hereditary. :thumbup:

I sincerely hope not. I have already given birth to the minature version of DH. I don't know if I could take it if DS started acting anything like MIL. I shudder at the thought. You take that back. ***said with hands on what passes as my hips***

I sincerely hope not. I have already given birth to the minature version of DH. I don't know if I could take it if DS started acting anything like MIL. I shudder at the thought. You take that back. ***said with hands on what passes as my hips***

Hehe, I was only thinking MIL and BIL. It seemed to have skipped DH.

I really AM proud of him. I know he won't give a care, but you can tell him if you want. :thumbup:

PJTP...

Slim - your DH is growing more "manly" in my eyes! :blushing: I'm glad he stood up to her, now we just gotta get him to kick BIL in the pants, and all will be well! :blushing:

I'm really *loving* my DH today. :blushing:..last night we went out to a neighborhood place. They were supposed to have a 70's night, but it ended up not happening, so we had a couple of drinks (watered down diet coke for me, wine for him) and shot a round of pool. It was so nice to just be the two of us, out on a date! :thumbup:

He wrote me a poem - he used to do this all the time when he was deployed with the Navy, but said a while back "But I see you everyday - you know how I feel" with that quizzical look only men have on his face. :thumbup:

It was so sweet...I just had to share the last couple of lines with y'all:

I don't care what the others are doing, I can only do my thing.

I don't care why I'm special to you, You will always be special to me.

He constantly tells me that he's "nothing special, just fair-to-middling" when I compliment him. Somewhere in his slightly twisted brain, he thinks that if he's not quite good enough, he'll keep striving to be his best so I'll stay. I guess I understand that logic (sort of) but any way he comes, I'll take him...:blushing: