Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Question: when did uh-huh become the accepted response to 'thank you'?

I think it might be a generational thing? People are apt to be overly polite here in my East Texas area.....except for the teens (now I sound like my grandparents). Damn those rowdy teens and that Elvis they listen to!!

I have some exciting news, well, for me anyways. I have a date scheduled for my revision to the sleeve. I leave here on April 1st and will have my surgery with Dr. Aceves on April 2nd and return back home on the 5th. I am so excited. I go next week for a complete unfill. Then, seven days before my surgery I am on liquids only. Wish me luck guys!!

Sure you don't want to go to Betancourt (mod joke)? Seriously, good luck. Will you be twittering during that time? lol.

In my family, people keep their hair forever, but go gray early. I'm the big exception. I didn't start to have noticeable gray until a couple of years ago.

I'm starting to gray around my temples. The wife like it, but.....I can't be the temple-gray dude and smoke a pipe. Then I'd have to change my name to "Ward Clever".

Hi guys I'm tired I'm going in to work tonight my 3rd 12hr shift in a row..yuck

Suck it up! I work 4 12's a week, ya baby!! Of course, I do get every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.

Went to see "Watchmen"

How was it? *Geek alert* I read the comic books in the late 80's, when I was in college. It was kind of a heavy storyline in the comic.....was it in the movie?

Good morning all..had a nice night last with my girl except the part where I drank to much and drunk dialed pilot boy...

Heehee.....I had a little dally with a monster hangover this weekend too. Went to downtown Dallas and drank too much. Apparently, being banded interferes with my ability to throw up the next day, because that's what I needed, yet was unable to do.

Nevar! pwnd by salt :thumbup:

Lolz @ ur pwndage

You are SOOOOOO lucky! Wonder how I can get DH to that mindset

Tap, I already referenced the "naughty schoolgirl" outfit. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Two of his three posts are advertising. :crying:

It's being taken care of.

So... who you ignorin'? :thumbup:

:crickets:

I have a question. Have any of you tried Nutrisystem since banding so that you don't have to think of something to eat everyday? I am thinking about something like that because I am out of ideas of food to eat.

Not since WLS but back when I got engaged. I lost 70 lb. with them. The food SUCKS. Really bad. Plus, it's kind of expensive.

South Beach makes frozen dinners that are okay. All the other "diet" frozen dinners have too many carbs and not enough Protein for me.

Girl, you are a s l u t, bless your heart. :thumbup:

I experiment all the time. My DH seems to enjoy most of it. My DS is a stick but a very healthy eater so will eat most anything. My DD, on the other hand, won't eat anything but PB&J sandwiches, chips, hamburgers and chicken nuggets. We have a rule that she has to take at least one bite of everything at the dinner table and after that if she still doesn't want to eat it, then she can have a PB&J. She did eat mussels and enjoyed them a great deal when we went to Carrabas the other day so maybe she's finally graduating up?

A girls gotta do something for a hobby..

i'm making cabbage stew today.

As with others, recipe please?

I have 3 shelves in 1 cupboard for just spices and 2 cupboards above the stove... It's ridiculous.

Spices above the stove? Not a good place for them; too much heat and humidity. I too have one cupboard 4 shelves high with cooking spices; another cupboard has 2 shelves dedicated to baking spices. LOVE to cook and bake.

I will follow a recipe the first time. After that, I will change it

I will always follow a recipe the first time; after that it's a free-for-all...sometimes great results, othertimes the result is a taste disaster...but that's what cooking/baking is - experimentation. And I ALWAYS make one new dish every week...so many recipes, so little time!

Sounds like my 28 year old husband. I curse his father for not developing his palate beyond that rubbish as a child and teenager because it means I am restricted in the food I can cook at home for the two of us. Keep trying to get her interested in other flavours/textures, you never know she might try something "exotic" one day and it will unlock her desire to experiment a little!

Wouldn't the same approach work on DH? My ex used to have a very boring/repetitive/juvenile appreciation for food. It took a few years but eventually the menu selection expanded, and there was more experimentation...but it took small incremental baby steps..."here dear, let's try adding one grated carrot to the meatloaf; I know that's not how you are used to having it made, but you like carrots, right? You like meatloaf? Well, let's just try one itty-bitty carrot grated up really tiny, and you taste it."

Thank heavens DH loves to eat and loves to cook....

I think it might be a generational thing? People are apt to be overly polite here in my East Texas area.

I'm starting to gray around my temples. The wife like it, but.....I can't be the temple-gray dude and smoke a pipe. Then I'd have to change my name to "Ward Clever".

HM...generational? Maybe, but other respondents make me think it may be a geographical thing. And as for Ward Cleaver, you would have to wear a nice cardigan too...

A girls gotta do something for a hobby..

As long as it isn't a lifestyle!:crying:

Good morning everyone. I know you are all excited to hear that yes indeed, it is snowing again here in the land of long underwear and mittens........:thumbup::cursing:

Morning! Snow again? When do you all stop having snow? Or should the question be, do you ever stop having snow?

PJTP that it's a gorgeous morning here in my neighborhood...course my great attitude might have something to do with the fact that I visited DH at work last night (he's on midnight shift) and had my own booty call. :w00t: :tt1: :w00t:

I highly recommend marriage to a spouse that isn't afraid to experiment... :confused:

and that's all I'll say about that! :tt2:

I am a mean mom... I cook what I cook and figure they can eat it or not eat it :confused: They will get hungry enough to eat it eventually I am sure lol.

For that both my kids eat a wide variety of foods and often think the foods are bland when they don't eat at home.

Beth- I was the big meanie the other day and got flamed for giving someone my 2 cents... apparently it's suppose to always be warm and fuzzy. I missed that disclosure...

, do you ever stop having snow?

:tt1::tt2: Yes, once spring is finished (there's always af ew little flurries in late spring). So, sometime the end of May...

I visited DH at work last night (he's on midnight shift) and had my own booty call. :confused: :w00t: :w00t:

Way to go!!!

Hope he isn't a transit bus driver, or air traffic controller or something where you need to be 'all work, no play"!!

I am a mean mom... I cook what I cook and figure they can eat it or not eat it :tt2: They will get hungry enough to eat it eventually I am sure lol.

apparently it's suppose to always be warm and fuzzy. I missed that disclosure...

Yep, my parents were all about choices at dinnertime : eat it or go hungry!

Damn, don't you hate it when there are rules that everyone else knows???

:confused::tt2:

Way to go!!!

Hope he isn't a transit bus driver, or air traffic controller or something where you need to be 'all work, no play"!!

Nope - nothing like that...thank goodness!

Yep, my parents were all about choices at dinnertime : eat it or go hungry!

My parents were like that too...none of that "starving children in Africa would eat this" stuff, either. Either you ate what was cooked, or you didn't eat!

I'm a little like that, I guess, but not as strict as my parents. I do allow the other two adults in my house to eat pretty much what they like (within reason) but if they make the mess, they have to clean it up!

My family has been great about eating band-friendly food - in fact, we're all getting slimmer since I got my band since they eat healthier now. DH is down 15 pounds, and DD is down 10 or so...

Morning! Snow again? When do you all stop having snow? Or should the question be, do you ever stop having snow?

I'm beginning to think Tap lives in Antarctica! :confused:

I visited DH at work last night (he's on midnight shift) and had my own booty call.

Haha! Now I don't even need my second cup of coffee after that one... maybe just a ciggy (no, I don't smoke).

...or one of those up and comers in the movie biz. :confused: OMG, I'm so gonna be banned for that one.

I'm beginning to think Tap lives in Antarctica! :w00t:

I know she lives somewhere I never want to be. I need sunshine!

Morning all....Drive by posting: DH and I are trying to sell our home and buy another one.

I'm kinda MIA lately, between work being a little hectic and this new stress of home-searching/selling/buying, I'm going out of my mind.

No snow here, 'course, but we had some rain, which cooled everything back down into the 70's. (I know, right...CHILLY.)

BL thread - WTH? That just pissed me off. I want to meet these pristine angels face to face and find out what they're really like. Unless they really are the right hand of God, then leave me the F alone.

ha ha ha....did I mention stress?

Ok, so obviously I have missed something since I have been having major troubles getting on here from home. What is the BL thread? Where can I find it to read all of you meanies?

rules - what rules?

course my great attitude might have something to do with the fact that I visited DH at work last night (he's on midnight shift) and had my own booty call. :w00t: :tt1: :w00t:

I highly recommend marriage to a spouse that isn't afraid to experiment... :confused:

that is fantastic!!

BL thread - WTH? That just pissed me off. I want to meet these pristine angels face to face and find out what they're really like. Unless they really are the right hand of God, then leave me the F alone.

ha ha ha....did I mention stress?

hadn't gone there this AM - something i missed?

hope it all goes well for you glouc!

diva - love the new avi!

DH's business trip cancelled , so we're off to cabo tonight for some sun & lots of frilly drinks. i think that was the attitude adjustment.:tt2: