Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

random post....just noticed one of the many stains on my hardwood floor (floor is 60+ years old) is shaped like an owl...really!

PJTP-Hello everyone.

SNT-I hope you are feeling better today. Get you some phenagren if you have to. Don't suffer in silence.

Tap-How on earth did you notice the owl stain?

Susan-your teacher should have been beaten for doing that to you.

The MIL called yesterday. She didn't want to know what I cooked. Instead, she wanted to know if I had an "extra" can opener and an "extra" stick of butter. WTF? I told her that I don't buy "extras". hmph

Teachers had a lot more authority in the 'old' days...I remember one of the most feared teachers in grade school used to grab your finger and repeatedly bang it into the desk or blackboard if you made an error, while all the while yelling at you. Many a student had bruised (or worse) fingers.

Slim: I was staring mindlessly at the floor while having my first coffee and noticed it. Usually I am doing things and not standing still; I guess that will teach me to not stop or else I will discover more things I have to fix/paint/repair....

If you gave MIL a can opener, maybe it would mean she would eat at home. Now she can whine that she has food but can't open it....

Donna: I am always looking at other opportunities; I am easily bored and never completely satisfied for very long in any one position, and besides, you just never know when something wildly exciting may pop up!

Susan, I didn't realize teachers actually did that. I thought that was only in Harry Potter world. That makes me sad for the little girl that was you. If a teacher did that to one of my children, I think I'd end up in jail.

Lets just say by the time my parents were done in the principal's office, she was unemployed.

random post....just noticed one of the many stains on my hardwood floor (floor is 60+ years old) is shaped like an owl...really!

Too bad it didn't look like Virgin Mary or something, you could have pulled up that piece and sold it on eBay for thousands of dollars!!

Good morning all..had a nice night last with my girl except the part where I drank to much and drunk dialed pilot boy...

Oh, drunk dialing seldom turns out good.

My DH had a teacher pinch his cheek to the point of bruising, because she thought he was puffing them up with air.....but he was still a baby face boy with cheeks. He hates to see or hear anyone refer to baby cheeks needing pinched!

I had an algebra teacher in 7th grade, turn his class ring to the inside of his hand and smack me on top of the head with it. Because I was not grasping what he was attempting to teach. He was stupid enough to tell my Dad that he was trying to jar it loose and see if there was a working brain in there. He thought he was joking, my Dad did not and brought him in front of the school board for it. He did not lose his job....I did have a different class, AND an enemy in the school in the form of a teacher, and even in jr. high that was scary to me!

But I also have wonderful memories of other teachers.

Off to the surgical center, my Mom is having surgery on her hand this morning. Now it is time to go wake up the granddaughter again. Her Mom brings her in sleeping, and puts her to bed here, and she is NOT a morning child!!!

MIght go see the Dr. myself, everytime I breath deep deep---I get a debillitating sharp pain. Thinking my congestion is not getting better---might be time for pharmacuetical intervention!

Have a great day everyone!

Eh, that's nothing. Come back to us when you have one that looks like Jesus or Mother Teresa or something. :laugh:

The MIL called yesterday. She didn't want to know what I cooked. Instead, she wanted to know if I had an "extra" can opener and an "extra" stick of butter. WTF? I told her that I don't buy "extras". hmph

*snorkle* :laugh:

I am easily bored and never completely satisfied for very long in any one position, and besides, you just never know when something wildly exciting may pop up!

Am I the only one thinking dirty when I read this? :laugh:

PJTP-

How the hell do you gain 6lbs in 8 hours while sleeping...

Couldn't possibly be the 1/2lb of salt I chose to put on dinner and washed it down with V8.. Nevar! pwnd by salt :laugh:

PJTP-

Couldn't possibly be the 1/2lb of salt I chose to put on dinner and washed it down with V8.. Nevar! pwnd by salt :tt2:

i have to really watch my salt intake.

ptjp - didn't get a fill; dr's scale said i was the same weight so he just told me i'm doing fine.:laugh:

Greetings on this sleepy Tuesday. :tt2:

Cool! I love owls. If that was on my floor, I'd probably stare at it until it mesmerized me and started "talking" to me. :laugh:

Good morning all..had a nice night last with my girl except the part where I drank to much and drunk dialed pilot boy...

Girl, you need help. Just sayin'

i have to really watch my salt intake.

ptjp - didn't get a fill; dr's scale said i was the same weight so he just told me i'm doing fine.:laugh:

I haven't had time to get caught up so I might have missed something Lulu... But I think that's a good thing :tt2:

I couldn't help myself with the salt last night. I am all over the Water though.

Anybody else feel like they are cheating when they drink Crystal lite? It tastes like kool aid.. I can only use about 1/2 a packet for 16 oz of water.

But I also have wonderful memories of other teachers.

I have excellent teacher memories - it was only when I hit university that my respect/admiration and rapport with teachers nose-dived.

Eh, that's nothing. Come back to us when you have one that looks like Jesus or Mother Teresa or something. :tt2:

Umm...I don't know what Jesus looks like - AND before I am deluged, please I don't NEED to know!.

Am I the only one thinking dirty when I read this? :laugh:

Once I re-read my post, I said, I wonder if Plain will read into this...then said, nah, he's not around much anymore, and no one else would think like him!

Not the salt; it was heavy night air that settled in your lungs. Deep breathing will resolve it. :mellow:

PJTP-

Couldn't possibly be the 1/2lb of salt I chose to put on dinner and washed it down with V8.. Nevar! pwnd by salt :tt2:

Nah, couldn't be.

Isn't it amazing how the body is? Takes a week+ to lose six pounds but only 8 hours to put it on. :laugh:

I'm excited that I have another fill in two days. Thought it was like the 20th or something, and then decided today to look in my purse for the card and it's Thursday!