Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I think this is wise. It's also the reason I have been VERY conservative with my fills. I went into this thing with the reasoning that I just needed a little "nudge" to help me with my portion sizes. I never expected the band to do all the work. Heck, I take a certain pride in the fact that I COULD eat pretty much anything.....I just choose not to (except, sometimes I choose to eat unhealthier stuff, with the full knowledge that I'll have to make up for it later). This way, I'm still loose enough to partake in "bad" food choices when the occasion dictates, but "tight" enough to not eat 3 platefuls. To me, that's good restriction and good quality of life. Balance. I do feel really bad for everybody that is having problems w/ their bands, because mine is making a huge impact.

Donna, my doc recommended for me to supplement. We sat down and did the calculations (sex, overall size, activity level, he looked at my "metabolism test", etc.) and he said I should probably shoot for 100 g / day.....and there's no way I could get that much by eating real food. I will say, that I feel mas fantastico ever since I started supplementing. But....I totally get that everybody is different.

Plain - That's why I love my doc, because he wants his patients to live their life with the band, not for their band. Right now I can also eat anything I want and I want to keep it that way. I just want the band's help to stop me before I go overboard. At 5' and 3/4 inches, I don't have much room to overdo anything.

I've come to the conclusion that there's no way I'm going to be able to get all the Protein and nutrients I need through food so I will have to supplement. I did do some protein bullets from time to time and am thinking I'm going to go back to them again.

Hey guys,

I have been reading your posts and just want to clear something up here. First off, I am not anti-band. I am just anti-band for me. I promise you I followed the rules, I did everything I was supposed to, I have a great doctor who worked with me to try and resolve my problems. I even got a second opinion.

Susan (((hugs))), I'm thrilled for you that you are able to get the sleeve and am in no way judging you or blaming you for your band problems. That's why I freaked out when you said you had problems with the band. I asked my doc those statisical questions because if someone like you has these problems then it's clearly not the fault of the user. There seems to be so many that have problems that I allowed myself to panic and needed my doc's assurances. Since it made me feel better, I shared what he said to assuage others on here who may also be having those same moments of panic that the band will not work for them either. I'm sorry if I made you feel I was in any way insinuating you did something wrong. You're one of my favorite LBTers and I'm kicking myself right now for giving you even a moment of discomfort.

ok, i cant even start to catch up.

life sucks right now. my best friend died yesterday (yeah, not a fun topic).. she had cancer and even though i was expecting it, im devastated... :* (

the only real joy i have in my life right now is my son ... who is currently farting on my husband.. *grin*

Awww LJM, I'm sorry. Thank goodness you have your gorgeous son to distract you from the pain.

Is the tattoo on your head? "This side up"?

you know ther was this other tattoo that said "your the one" ..i thought that would be cool if it said "your the one tonight"....lol haha

maybe when im officially single ill get that one..

Sms - do you work in a regular ward or do you work in a nursing home?

i work on telemetry floor post cath patients and pace makers and such..

sometimes its like a nursing home grandma dont need a pacer at 99 yrs old let her go

Donna, my doc recommended for me to supplement.

My program does too. You start out on liquids -- which is mostly Protein shakes and then you gradually replace them with meals. But you keep up the "between meal" shakes as needed. Plus, Dr. C. says having a bullet or shake once a day is a great way to get in your Protein so you have more room for veggies with the meals since you aren't trying desperately to get your protein in during the meal and filling up on it with no room for veggies. He's big on veggies. :blush:

This system has worked very well for me. I have a shake in the morning and then at night (or sometimes the afternoon), I do protein hot chocolate. The rest of my protein comes from solid stuff.

I also am doing 100 g a day.

the band is NOT easy , doesn't work for everyone.....and many issues come later on.

I didn't mind the "not easy" but the later two scared me. More than the permanency of the sleeve. Which definitely is a deal breaker for some people.

the only real joy i have in my life right now is my son ... who is currently farting on my husband.. *grin*

You must be so proud. :scared2:

Sorry about your friend.

its been the worst night tonight weve already had a code and the oldies are acting out and falling out of bed ...

Well give 'em their damn pudding!!

then at night (or sometimes the afternoon), I do Protein hot chocolate.

Hmmmmm, Protein hot chocolate? !? I'm intrigued....tell me more...

I also am doing 100 g a day.

Are you trying to get to "female bodybuilder buff"? I am.

I get the Protein hot chocolate from my doctor's office. The brand is Proti. It's delicious. I have never looked for it online.

LJM I am so sorry about your friend. That has to be really hard.

I am sure there are a lot of people out living their lives with no band problems. I got addicted to LBT early on, and I can't imagine giving it up just because I am getting the sleeve. I am not having the problems that Susan is having, but restriction is an issue and I am afraid to get a tighter fill. I would rather never have to worry about getting fills and unfills. I used to think that I wish I had gotten the sleeve first, but I would have never found out about it if it weren't for LBT. I've met some wonderful bandsters because of this site.

Hahahaha Plain have a read of this!

inthemix | International News | Fatboy Slim checks into rehab

Booze? Yeah and the rest!

Susan - good luck with the sleeve, I've always said if my band had to go for some reason I'd get a sleeve. I'll be eagerly waiting to read how it all pans out for you (which of course will be fabulously!).

LJM *hugs you super mega tight*

Good morning everyone! I wasn't offended by anyone's posts, just wanted everyone to understand my side of things. In the end, we all have the same goal, to be healthy, skinny hotties!!!!

I will never leave LBT. I love it here. However, I probably will be pretty scarce between now and the 16th. We are less than two weeks out until our annual charity golf tournament, which means I am slammed at work and putting in a ton of extra hours. I shouldn't even be on here posting now, but, there is always time for LBT!

PJTP...

ok, i cant even start to catch up.

life sucks right now. my best friend died yesterday (yeah, not a fun topic).. she had cancer and even though i was expecting it, im devastated... :* (

LJM - I'm so, so sorry to hear about your friend...cancer sucks! It's never easy to lose someone you love - sending you a big hug and praying that your spirit and your heart are lighter as time goes by...

Baby farts - I'm laughing at my computer as I read that again...aren't they just too precious? Makes me miss my grandbaby...I think a road trip is definately in my future, but with my schedule at work it will probably be summer before I can go. Working for a college pretty much means that during the academic year, you are on lockdown! :scared2:

DH is in Washington, DC for a few days on business, so I'm bored with nothing to do...trying NOT to eat my way out of my funk...:blush:

Susan (((hugs))), I'm thrilled for you that you are able to get the sleeve and am in no way judging you or blaming you for your band problems. That's why I freaked out when you said you had problems with the band. I asked my doc those statisical questions because if someone like you has these problems then it's clearly not the fault of the user. There seems to be so many that have problems that I allowed myself to panic and needed my doc's assurances. Since it made me feel better, I shared what he said to assuage others on here who may also be having those same moments of panic that the band will not work for them either. I'm sorry if I made you feel I was in any way insinuating you did something wrong. You're one of my favorite LBTers and I'm kicking myself right now for giving you even a moment of discomfort.

What Donna said. :blush:

LJM- sorry about your friend. I will keep you all in my prayers.

I am beyond baby farts. I have some Fiber farts right now that are fierce. I think it is a small dose of what a DSer would have...yikes!

I am beyond baby farts. I have some Fiber farts right now that are fierce. I think it is a small dose of what a DSer would have...yikes!

Omg, HATE that! I've had those ones where a teeny little one squeaks out and hangs in the room for 30 minutes. NOT fun for people at work! :blush: