Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

***whispering to make sure plain doesn't hear***I hate to admit this, but it makes my day to come on here and read some of the ridiculous things written by plain.

To all of my American friends (and those abroad that Celebrate with us), Happy Thanksgiving!

shhhhhhhhhh (me too)

Happy Thanksgiving again all!!!!

we need another guy on this thread 1 thats brave and shows the goods...

But Plain HASN'T 'shown his goods' yet, has he???

***whispering to make sure plain doesn't hear***I hate to admit this, but it makes my day to come on here and read some of the ridiculous things written by plain.

Ridiculous?!? Why I'm giving out nuggets of wisdom here, slim. Gems of wisdom, even.

You'd know in 2 ways, tap:

1) The awkward silence

2) the richter scale would register the colossial letdown.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

***whispering to make sure plain doesn't hear***I hate to admit this, but it makes my day to come on here and read some of the ridiculous things written by plain.!

it's turned into my morning ritual over coffee - reading this thread from the LNC (late night crowd).:grouphug:

woke up around 2am to gagging sound noises (keep it PG plain), and there is my 105lb lab on the edge of the bed spitting up...turn on the lights and realize it's SOAP!! Irish Spring. that dumb dog burrowed underneath to get at the soap, then realized it wasn't a scooby snack after all. DH wanted to know what the he$$ i was doing w/soap in the bed & told him i'll explain in the AM. wasn't up for chit chat then...LOL

coffee w/baileys right now - and wine lined up for the rest of the day.....thanks tap for the encouragement.

happy turkey day all!!

Oh Luluc, you just gotta love Labs! After spitting up, then she gave you the 'what? no treat?' look, right??

What a great start to the day...even if it was still night!

pjtp - some f'er decapitated my dad's Santa last night...

OMG, it was really funny... cops came and everything... kids got to go in the car and they turned on the siren and everything .. all at 7:30 this morning..

fun times.

happy thanksgiving everyone!

sorry it dont work like that once you stop eating animals you have to stop using their products and even the products tested on them ....

Sorry, bad attempt at being facetious.

I have a cartoon about animal testing, and it shows these dogs with lipstick, eyeshadow, and mascara on. It's really pretty funny. :grouphug:

confession time my coworkers are having fried chicken it smells great i secretly hate them now ..i saw dr nose picker stick his hands in the crackers and im not going to tell them ..:grouphug:

Now THAT'S funny right there, I don't care who you are! :grouphug:

That was a great super multipost...I do like meat its yum but I'm against the treatment of the animals before they are killed ..I know I'm crazy just ask plain he diagnosed me ...

Roops, I said the very same thing Plain did.

Gotsta learn to read the entire thread before I get the fingers a'typin'.

Oh Luluc, you just gotta love Labs! After spitting up, then she gave you the 'what? no treat?' look, right??

What a great start to the day...even if it was still night!

"he" is my big lug, and i adore him - but not the sharpest crayon in the box. (sms - see comment about marley * me book - he's marley)

just played around w/the pups (which are HUGE), as they all go to homes this wkend. sad to see them leave, happy to get back to normal just having 6 dogs..LOL

Luluc - Drink wine...lots of wine. From sunrise to sunset if necessary to cope with inlaws.

See, this is why I'm glad my in-laws live on the totally opposite coast that we do. My FIL is fine, it's that damn wife of his (hubby's "momma"). You know the mother from Everybody Loves Raymond? Yep, that's her, but worse.

Even better, if anybody watches Desperate Housewives, if you remember the scene where Susan (Teri Hatcher) was pregnant and married to Mike, and his "momma" comes to visit? THAT is my MIL to a T!!

As an example, years ago she would call and I'd answer, and we'd have small talk, then she would ask, "So, are you still fat?" I kid you not. And I can't even begin to tell you the years I tolerated her telling me that hubby and I should NOT have children. Until I told her that it was really OUR decision now, wasn't it? Grrrr.... And that's just a wee taste.

Trust me, I would need hard liquor to survive a holiday with her, and I'm afraid I would go into an alcoholic coma before I could ever make her tolerable with enough drink.

We need more intelligent men around here....should that be so hard??

I can see that Plain is the Brad Pitt of Bandland. Woot for him! :grouphug:

Shoot, he's the hilight of my day! I mean no disrespect to the wonderful ladies here, but you know where I'm coming from! Shhhhhh.... don't want him getting stuck up. :grouphug:

Our tradition is to bake our dark fruit cake for Xmas when she comes for this holiday - did that yesterday. Four cakes made and soaking in brandy as we speak.

This sounds very interesting! Especially the brandy part!

I wanted to echo this! And say happy thanksgiving

I agree, I love all my wonderful friends I have made here and wish all of you a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!!

There, I multiquoted the hell out of that post to make up for my prior lack......also to put my thumb in SNT and Susan's eye as the multiquote king!

Ha, the challenge is on!!!! :grouphug:

We need more intelligent men around here....should that be so hard??

:grouphug::lol::grouphug::lol::thumbs_up:.... No comment.

Shhhhh, I enjoy them too, but we can't let him know that or it will go to his head.

Think about it, do we really, truly want him to? He himself has warned us.

Ridiculous?!? Why I'm giving out nuggets of wisdom here, slim. Gems of wisdom, even.

Ohhhh, so that is what you call it then!

pjtp - some f'er decapitated my dad's Santa last night...

OMG, it was really funny... cops came and everything... kids got to go in the car and they turned on the siren and everything .. all at 7:30 this morning..

fun times.

happy thanksgiving everyone!

I'm sorry, but the whole visual of a decapitated Santa cracks me up.

You'd know in 2 ways, tap:

1) The awkward silence

2) the richter scale would register the colossial letdown.

OW! :grouphug::lol: Still hurts to laugh, but BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! OW OW OW!! :grouphug:

Trust me, I would need hard liquor to survive a holiday with her, and I'm afraid I would go into an alcoholic coma before I could ever make her tolerable with enough drink.

hate to bash MIL's cause my mom is the best one!!! LOL.

but mine just TORKS me all ways wrong. she is very intolerant, jealous, hypochondriac, narcissistic, - well i can keep going.

we've had our "confrontations" - and they just don't register, so i gave up trying. my mom gave me tips to dealing, and wine is involved...LOL

she is NEVER going to LOVE me, she tolerates me because of her son - and well her son can't stand her. we have to give her set times of when we are arriving - when we are leaving - when will see them. if we don't set parameters w/her - she will take advantage or need to be rushed to the er because she is again dying for the 8th time since i've known her.

i'm betting on an ER run today if the conversations don't revolve around her.....a BIG reason DH and i never told her about getting banded. that would deflect attention away from her....

ok - lulu tucks tail between legs and gets ready for turkey day....