Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

my in laws live in CANADA... wooo hooo...

they dont really care for me cause i'm not a skinny Chinese girl, but i think i may be growing on them since i'm giving them a grandson... too bad i cant say the same for them growing on me...

the struggle is my husband who doesn't enjoy them either; we will count the minutes till we can leave their place tomorrow and head to my brothers.....yeah holidays. too bad its not an odd yr....we spend those alone or traveling.

That is what is funny about my husband. He can't stand to be with them either, yet he is the one that invited them. :)

Anyone besides me at work today, and one of the few people that actually showed up, and not wanting to do anything so hanging out on LBT hoping IT doesn't catch me?

Sorry, not at work today. Only because I have to work this weekend. I will be the ONLY one at work on Friday. I guess that means no black Friday shopping for me.:) I did get the (sarcasm alert) wonderful news that I get to be the special person that works Christmas day this year. It's more money, but so very boring.

Sorry, not at work today. Only because I have to work this weekend. I will be the ONLY one at work on Friday. I guess that means no black Friday shopping for me.:) I did get the (sarcasm alert) wonderful news that I get to be the special person that works Christmas day this year. It's more money, but so very boring.

This is their way of getting back at you for taking a month off to have surgery. Wow, it sounds like I resent your time off more than your co-workers. LOL

That's ok, Donna. I would have resented them having that much time off even though I know I enjoyed every minute of it.:) How sad is that?

I try every year that we don't go to see family or have family over to suggest that we go out to dinner for Thanksgiving and my DH and DS just get this horrified look on their faces... If I suggested a vegetarian Thanksgiving, I think they'd both petition to have me committed. :crying:

Hubby and I ate out a couple years ago for Thanksgiving. All our family live in different states, and that year we didn't go out of town, so we went to a Holiday Inn in town (a converted 1700's farmhouse) for a buffet dinner. It was okay... not the same, obviously.

This year we're not doing anything since I am still on liquids. :)

SMS dump that guys ass, please :crying:

Wow, SMS, this is the first I've heard about the bf and I'd have to agree!! ANYbody who would say something like that to me would be gelded by now! :)

Haha yes, off the island. We don't know everything about your relationship, of course, but if my husband ever said that shit to me, he'd be out on the street with just the clothes on his back. No one deserves to be emotionally bullied like that, especially by some one who is supposed to care for you..... just my 2 cents....Oh make that 3 cents, you DO look great, for the record.

Wow, you're kinder'n me, She. Not only would I not let him have the clothes on his back, it's doubtful he'd even leave with his skin! :)

PJTP is it too early for a drink at 8:06 a.m.? Just wondering...

Nah, it's 5:00 somewhere... and your in-laws sound somewhat like mine, except they are the ones with the money, and Mommy Dearest doesn't like me. I took her favorite son, y'know... :)

SMS, I repeat, the Tribe has spoken, BF must leave the island!

This year we're not doing anything since I am still on liquids. :crying:

:) I'm sorry Beth.

I delayed my fill until next Tuesday so that I could enjoy the Thanksgiving dinner. I have virtually no restriction at all. My mouth might appreciate the delay in the fill but my scales will probably laugh menacingly at me after this weekend. Sigh - oh well; it's all a matter of choices, isn't it?

Yeah, but it's just one day, Donna. Enjoy it!

As for me, other than my fellow bandsters who were recently banded, I'll be the only one I know of who will lose weight this holiday. :) Gotta look at that silver lining.

SMS--very seldom does anyone around you know how they act behind closed doors.

My ex husband sat on a guy in the bar one night while waiting for the cops to come, because he slapped his wife. All everyone else heard was this man standing up for the woman because no real man hits a woman he kept repeating. The only 2 people who knew he was spewing BS to them was he and I. He backhanded me on the way home for rolling my eyes at him while he talked to the cops!

Now....I stayed in the relationship as long as I did, because he was threatening my family---he would threaten to go visit my elderly grandpa or my crippled brother--and he would have done it, I have no doubt. He threatened one night to hurt a friends husband who stood up for me if I did not get my ass out of bed and cook them breakfast---the friend eneded up in the hospital for 2 weeks!

When I got my chance away from the family, and got him landed in jail, I got out.

Waaaaay too many people were shocked by the idea he was abusive!

It went beyond abuse, it was found to be attempted murder----mine----and he will remain locked up until next year.

The things you say he says and does may not fall as physical abuse, but they are without a doubt abusive. Abuse escalates. While the references to getting him off the island make me crack up---do not let it get to a point of being dangerous. You now know you have contacts in many states.....you can get out safely.

Ok......stepping off my soapbox now.....hillarity may continue......

Kat

Kat makes a really great point, as always.

Mental note to self: Be careful of everything I do and/or say to Beth for fear of losing my skin.