Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Wait... were there exchanges of pics in unmentionables? I want in!
I'm gonna be really pissed off if there were coz Plain knows I'VE GOT DIBS ON THOSE!!

SMS, let me add my voice to Kat's and Beth's - that manner of undermining your self-confidence and emotional abuse is a very strong sign of worse to come. Once they destroy your self-esteem, it's a short step to getting you to think that their abuse is your own fault for failing to live up to their standards in some way. Don't go down that path - it gets harder and harder to get out as your inner strength is eroded.

To Kat and Beth: Thank you for sharing your story. I agree with you both in that we need to share our experiences when we recognise those telltale symptoms in others around us.

Froggi welcome to bandland! I am sorry you're in so much pain. I am surprised they didn't give you liquid pain meds. or are you talking about other meds? I can take my meds much easier now that I have had an unfill.

The pain and nausea meds they gave me are pills was crushing them yesterday but today i jut cut them into pieces the crushing tastes horrible Tonight I finally took my main meds without crushing them they are smallish pills though. THANKS TOO :crying:

Yay, Froggi! You are an official bandster now.

Yes I am!! Just wanting this horrid gas pain to die...and the evil d word...:tt2: I seem to be the unlucky one who gets it instead of constipation.:cool2:

Congrats on the banding Froggi!

Thanks hun I am so happy to be on the other side!

CONGRATS FROGGI! :)

Thanks!!! I am very happy!

Congrats on your surgery Froggi!

Thank you slim:biggrin:

Congrats again Froggi!

Thanks again

froggi - be sure to keep walking about~

Thanks I have been walking a lot...it's not helping much though. Still tons of gas pains.

Allright allright allright.....(Matthew McConaughey voice)

LOL you're silly.:sad:

thx fanny and he didnt show his pics yet but were gonna stay on him til he does ...im hoping for something that involves cheetos..i

i think bf has severe depression issues he sad now because hes not with his family for the holidays ...to his credit hes my sons best pal they just click and due to my issues with my childhood i think that his happiness is more important than mine most days....

im gonna stop bitching about it im tired of hearing it myself and im just going to try to work on it ..

The pain and nausea meds they gave me are pills was crushing them yesterday but today i jut cut them into pieces the crushing tastes horrible Tonight I finally took my main meds without crushing them they are smallish pills though.

I've been taking the horse pills they gave me since day one. I looked at them and said, "I CAN TAKE THESE??"

i think bf has severe depression issues he sad now because hes not with his family for the holidays ...to his credit hes my sons best pal they just click and due to my issues with my childhood i think that his happiness is more important than mine most days....

im gonna stop bitching about it im tired of hearing it myself and im just going to try to work on it ..

Smithart, I hope you forgive me for being forward, but I really would like to comment on this, and then I'll stop.

I know you don't know me from Adam, and you have had a much longer relationship with many of these fine ladies much longer than you ever will with me, but this pained me to read.

First and foremost, HE needs to work on it, not you. It's HIS issue, HIS depression. Just like you felt you needed the band to help you with your issues, HE needs to do whatever needs to be done so that he does not torture you with his insecurities and depression.

Secondly, there are many other great guys out there who would be great to your son. Actually, they would be better because the best thing they can do for him is to be kind and respectful to his momma. You don't want him growing up believing that this is the way to treat women, do you? And they DO notice. Trust me on this.

And lastly, please don't carry with you the fat girl thought that you will be alone or can't do better or whatever it is that makes us stay with bad men. The teeny pic I can see of you tells me that you would have NO problem finding a great guy.

Some people (men and women) prey on those who feel insecure and vulnerable. And trust me, most of us, in our overweight stage, feel insecure. Now that you are getting thinner and feel better, the only way to CONTROL you is to KEEP you feeling insecure. And believe me, that is what this is about.

Whether he's always been this way or is just becoming this way because he's scared now that you're thinner and getting healthier, it doesn't matter. Anybody who would outright sabotage you like that is no good.

Now, I will step off my soapbox. I'm sure you feel overwhelmed by what we have all said, and I don't want to add to your troubles. Just please, PLEASE, listen with your heart to what we say. And don't make excuses for his behavior.

If you ever want to contact me, I'm only a PM away.

thx beth ....tomorrow i battle my real demons food ...its causing me some anxiety but il get over it...im not to far from goal but i want to wear these size 8 jeans and be comfortable...

hope everyones turkey had a swift and pain free death ...

kat - i have restless legs while sleeping

Fairly common sleep disorder. I see it at least once a week. If Kat's soap trick stops RLS then "Big Pharma" is gonna be pissed!

PJTP is it too early for a drink at 8:06 a.m.?

You're joking, right? Move your clock up. Problem solved.

they dont really care for me cause i'm not a skinny Chinese girl

Well this is awkward....I thought you were. I'm afraid we can't be friends. You understand.

it's all a matter of choices, isn't it?

This is actually very profound. Label it "sound bandster theory 101"

he would threaten to go visit my elderly grandpa or my crippled brother--and he would have done it, I have no doubt. He threatened one night to hurt a friends husband who stood up for me if I did not get my ass out of bed and cook them breakfast---the friend eneded up in the hospital for 2 weeks!

Kat, here in my very rual heavily wooded part of Texas, there are a lot of old, deep dry wells. A body would fit easily in there. Just saying.

HEHE, nah, just guys.

*gulp* Jack, you as nervous as I am?

In our house, we often say Daddy's King, Mommy's Queen, Prince Philip and Princess Sedona.

Sedona? I love that name!

Include yourself in that "wonderful set of women" and let's not forget our token man. Yes, Plain, we're talking about you behind your back again.

Token? I smell sexism.....

I'm gonna be really pissed off if there were coz Plain knows I'VE GOT DIBS ON THOSE!!

Here's the inside joke. Nobody really wants to see such a picture. Does anybody remember the old "Guiness Book of World Records" where the two fat twins were always pictured riding those teeny, tiny bikes (if not, google image it)? That's what I look like, minus the bike.

I've been taking the horse pills they gave me since day one. I looked at them and said, "I CAN TAKE THESE??"

You might want to reread the label. I think those are suppositories.

Okay, no fair. You just made me snork some of my YUMMY dinner of chicken broth mixed with Unjury unflavored Protein out my nose and all over the damn place!

I hope you're not too fond of that skin of yers... BWAAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!

ROFLMAO :grouphug::lol::grouphug: I am so glad that I had swallowed my crystal light BEFORE I read this. I would have spewed it all over my computer.

SNT--not sure how or why the soap in the bed works----but it does for us. Actually it works other times too!!! LOL

Thank you Kat!!! I'm at my parents' for Thanksgiving. My mother has leg cramps and RLS. She asked if she could put 3 bars of soap in her bed!!! She just now went and put half bars of soap in her pockets. I really hope this works for her; that would be awesome!!! If that works for her, we'll work on her mother next. :grouphug: Thanks!

PS - I presume that the brand of soap doesn't matter, right?

I have read in the newspaper over and over again in the doctor's column about the soap. Everyone swears it works!

It is said not to use Dial nor Dove. I guess the Dove is too much cold cream, and I read that the Dial has no animal fat in the soap, so possibly that has something to do with it. I have no idea.

Personally, I think my bed has Coast!!! LOL

Sure do hope it works for her too--I know it did us.

Kat