Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It’s 2018 and medical marijuana is legal in 30 states. It’s time to get over stereotypes and the notion that “pot is bad”.

There are thousands of strains of marijuana, all of which effect people differently. Indica and sativa are totally different with different effects. Cannabinoids can be consumed in a number of ways that don’t involve smoking.

OP - I asked my doc about MJ as I regularly take edibles to help me sleep and he said it’s fine. I don’t like narcotics and it’s helped with the pain as well.

@gr8ful1 the sad thing was he( 1) didn't care( 2 )was too unaware (3) his victims no longer have a voice (4) because of his recklessly poor choice
I'm sorry but I often express myself by a poetic route., Even as humble as the one above..Just another facet of multi-faceted ME.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I often wonder why someone asks a question here and it's a simple question. The replies get progressively more judgmental and seems to turn into a question of morality or the dreaded stretched sleeve due to the munchies,

How about we just answer the question and forgo all the drama that ensues? It would be a lot easier to retain members who can give quality, to the point answers.

All the rest sounds like Blahblahblah.

For what it's worth, the pain after surgery was minimal for me. I hurt for about ten minutes after I woke up and then not. I know I was given pain meds in the hospital and I took some home, but after a day or two I realized I was just taking them for fun--didn't really need them. Have wayyyy more pain from my wretched knees. Usual caveat: Your mileage may vary.

And, as someone mentioned, no, we're not supposed to take Advil or any NSAIDs after surgery. Tylenol is supposed to be the pain reliever of choice generally.

Edited by XYZXYZXYZ1955

Edibles or CBD tincture. I take edibles every night to sleep. Most are sugar free or a couple calories but other are typical candies + pot. Occasional munchies if I wake up while the drug is still in my system but 9/10 times I ignore it or have a quick, small snack and crash again.

I don’t see a problem with it. I know some people get the munchies but I never have. And if you are in a state where it’s medical or recreational you can find a strain that is tailored for pain.

Don't panic, it's organic. 'nuff said.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I do not think this question was posted because the OP wanted a lecture on the use or non-use of weed and probably didn't need a tutorial on a healthy lifestyle from people who have, in the past, engaged in even more unhealthy behavior - you know - we're all here because we ate so much that our weight was or still is out of control and we did it to ourselves.

If one can't refrain from passing judgment I would think one would keep quiet. People in glass houses etc....

I’m also going to add that I wish edibles gave me more munchies. Some days I eat nothing because of surgical or coincidental complications that make eating much of anything and drinking extremely difficult. sleeping next to the toilet difficult. I need to eat more to keep losing so bring on the munchies.

You probably have something in the materials given to you about this, but be aware that we're supposedly a lot more sensitive to alcohol--and for me, I was pretty sensitive to it before! And, of course, it's just empty calories than can blow your eating plan out of the Water, so you don't want to drink much or often. All other considerations aside, pot is probably going to be easier on your system than alcohol.

I'm really not going to debate with you... but if you're a scientist you wouldn't have put a news article as a source to prove a point. lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

And that article is 10 years old.

You probably have something in the materials given to you about this, but be aware that we're supposedly a lot more sensitive to alcohol--and for me, I was pretty sensitive to it before! And, of course, it's just empty calories than can blow your eating plan out of the Water, so you don't want to drink much or often. All other considerations aside, pot is probably going to be easier on your system than alcohol.

I know I don't always drink but we are going on vacation with a couple that likes to drink and I know they're probably going to offer me one probably won't drink it but I just wanted to know. I think my doctor did tell me but since I don't drink all the time I was like oh whatever

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't see the harm in pot. I would much rather encounter someone high on pot than drunk. I've neither seen nor heard of anyone going ballistic, high on grass.

14 minutes ago, mamalala said:

I know I don't always drink but we are going on vacation with a couple that likes to drink and I know they're probably going to offer me one probably won't drink it but I just wanted to know. I think my doctor did tell me but since I don't drink all the time I was like oh whatever

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ah, I see. Well, I'd guess there are a few options: 1) tell the other couple about your surgery and drink water; 2) don't tell them about the surgery but tell them you're dieting and drink water; 3) tell them in some fuzzy way you're on medication and can't mix it with alcohol, and drink water; 4) accept a drink when everyone else has one and then not drink it . . . with Water on the side.

I know people have widely varying positions on telling other people--I'm one of the folks who tells everybody about it, basically because I know what I'm doing and why I'm doing it and don't give a crap about someone else's probably ill-informed opinion about it. Actually, though, I've mostly gotten supportive comments.