Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite things you can do now that you couldn't before, or things you're looking forward to doing?

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Wipe my booty without breaking an arm or a blood vessel.

Reach my feet to scrub 'em.

Paint my toenails dayglo orange!

RELATABLE

1 hour ago, sideeye said:

I'm really looking forward to donating clothes. Whenever I lost weight I'd be too paranoid to throw out the bigger sizes, even though when I did regain the clothes weren't fashionable anymore. So now I want to try things on, realize they're too big, and place them directly in the donation bin rather than saving them just in case. That also means I won't have to deal with the morning ritual of trying on everything in my closet to try and find the one combo that's event-appropriate and also fits, leaving a pile of clothing in my wake.

Me TOO! And thrifting, like I said, LOL I'll bring in a bunch of clothes to donate and then find new ones. Can't wait!

1 hour ago, MrsGamgee said:

I look forward to the day I take my rings in to have them sized down. I've always used how my rings fit as a gauge for where I'm at weight-wise. When they're falling off I'll know I've made progress.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah me too! I'm always playing with my rings to gauge my weight. When they're falling off I'll put them away for a while, get a cheapie ring from Kohl's to wear in place of my wedding ring until I'm at a stable weight and know my ring size.

24 minutes ago, GayGirlLivingForHer said:

Oh my... I had not thought of that... I will now have yet another reason to stress myself out... My partner got me a specific type of ring that's said to help people that have anxiety issues. It can't be sized...

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh hon it'll be worth it! She'll get you another lovely ring to wear once you're there. <3

Thanks everybody! Keep em coming, these are great! Some more of mine:

-Wearing sandals

-Not having to use chain extenders for cute necklaces

-kickboxing

-Renaissance Festival

-ComicCon!

Thanks everybody! Keep em coming, these are great! Some more of mine:
-Wearing sandals
-Not having to use chain extenders for cute necklaces
-kickboxing
-Renaissance Festival
-ComicCon!

Oh my goodness yes! ComiCon! I'll put that on my list too

My husband and I went to a big con last year for our 10th anniversary (Calgary Fan Expo). It was a great experience but it was also the experience that got me truly on board for this WLS journey. I was in agony from standing in lines for stuff... 2.5 hours in line to get Nathan Fillion's autograph almost broke me. I won't go to another con until after I lose some serious weight.

I'm also looking forward to any event that requires a seat... sporting events, theater, concerts, etc. Not worrying about crowding the person beside me, or the arms of the seat digging in.

4 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

My husband and I went to a big con last year for our 10th anniversary (Calgary Fan Expo). It was a great experience but it was also the experience that got me truly on board for this WLS journey. I was in agony from standing in lines for stuff... 2.5 hours in line to get Nathan Fillion's autograph almost broke me. I won't go to another con until after I lose some serious weight.

I feel you, I went to Walker Stalker Con the year before last and I could barely hang around to enjoy it. I waited in line long enough to get Josh McDermitt's autograph, circled around the place once, and then I had to bolt.

I'd also like to make another trip to New Zealand but more comfortably. Last time I was so cramped and embarrassed. I thought I could just not wear a seat belt and they wouldn't notice but the flight attendant came around checking. He looked at me and was not discreet at all. He hollered across the dang plane to tell another flight attendant that I needed a seat belt extender and pointed at me. I don't think I could have felt worse...

I'd also like to make another trip to New Zealand but more comfortably. Last time I was so cramped and embarrassed. I thought I could just not wear a seat belt and they wouldn't notice but the flight attendant came around checking. He looked at me and was not discreet at all. He hollered across the dang plane to tell another flight attendant that I needed a seat belt extender and pointed at me. I don't think I could have felt worse...

That is just plain rotten!

Put on shoes and socks without dying. Wipe my azz without having to bend and contort into crazy positions. Stand for extended periods of time. Increased sex drive. Not having to question if a chair can support me. No shortness of breath.

The other day, I ran across a street to avoid traffic. I just did it, I didn’t have to think what I would hurt if I tried to move too fast. Small but profound differences all over the place. It is so scary! But just trust and then hope and then it’s just you getting thinner (lots of work and measuring, yes).

VSG 10/11/17 HW 336 SW 306 CW 238 GW 236IMG_2940.JPG IMG_4030.JPG

Currently, I can fit in coach on airplanes, in movie theater seats, and in seats on buses and trains. I can cross my legs in confined spaces. I’m noticing that bone touches bone more and it hurts! Clapping hurts now!

This summer, I should be able to ride most, if not all, of the rides at theme parks, and I’m 15 pounds away from being able to skydive.