Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I seriously sparkleheart the dickens out of you!!!! You've captured the chaos brilliantly!!!

Congrats on fitting into 2 new pairs of "new/old" pants! :D I "get" every word you say and resemble those remarks!!! And look at you at 185 and 5'7" I bet you're smokin hot now (not that you weren't before)?!!! I'm thinking the crowd is demanding piccys? ;) :D

Crowd? Are we demanding piccys? :D

Ok, piccys coming. Note, will put a smiley face over mine - I haven’t told many people about the RNY, just that I got my broken band sorted. Truth but not the whole truth. Regret that now, but no undoing it!

So, posted on my three month update thread...

Edited by biddynz

Fluffer - catching up after being awol most of the week. Congrats on figuring it out and measuring! I need to follow your example. Tried a cauliflower crust pizza today and ate too much of it. I told myself 1 slice, but had to go for 1/2 a slice more... Not sick but not feeling great either. Also have discovered that chocolate doesn't bother me. Next week will officially be a chocolate free week! (won't hurt that my office mate, who brings in chocolate, will be out of town).

You're so inspiring! I'm loving following your journey!

BB in the AM to comment. Love you all. Nite nite!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to each and every one of you!

So just a quicky update. Last night wasn't my best night. I had some rebellion and overate by 1 serving. So instead of my little 1/4c, I ate 1/2c. I was uncomfortable. It was actually good to feel.

I was going to make a beauty meal of grilled shrimp for me and grilled lamb chops for himself, but was too tired and Mr. F. suggested we "just have leftovers." Gotta love a man who says that kinda sexy stuff to you! I said, "Oh darn. Ok, if that's what you want!" LOL. But, at least I now know that I do have resistance!

So made a big weekend brekky for him this morning. I made my beloved egg white scramble about half my normal size...but still substantial--about 3/4c of volume. And I sat down with it. I don't know why I didn't portion first. I think I'm dealing with a bit o' the rebellion? Cuz you know I want to put the FU in Future. Right? Cuz damn, if alls I'm eating is 500cals a day, I fekkin' ;) want to see that scale moving down every live long dayo, laddybuck! And ifn it ain't movin' then I want to know there's a poop as long as my arm in there somewhere--but neither of those cases seem to fit right now. :(

Soooooo! I'm pleased to report, I enjoyed my eggwhite scramble. Something mysterious happened. I got this little catch in my throat that said, "Psssst, put your fork down dummeh and push away from the table." So I did! :D And I have about 1/2 of my egg scramble left! :D Now granted, it only took about 15minutes to eat it. So I do need to work on smaller bites and eating slower...but hey, baby steps, right? :D

Day by day,,In every way,,Its getting better and better. I'm moving forward in infinitesimal incemenents, but it can happen, it will happen and I'll crawl myself onto the losers bench yet. I have come too far to turn tail and run![emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Rebellion happens. I had brownies and chocolate this week and I know I ate Breakfast and lunches too fast. Had a stall. But guess what? We're human! And we don't have to be perfect, but we do have to consistently get back on track. So it's a new day - no matter what time it is!

Praying for that long, luxurious poop for you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a rebellion - Christmas cake. Three weeks post surgery. Now get this BS rationalisation - I said to myself “the cake will have a lot of sugar, all that dried fruit. So I will (wait for it) pretty much just eat the icing.” Can ya Tell I have a PhD in Psychology?

Sure enough, bad dumping.

Luckily we are learning critters. Now even the sight of fruit cake makes me nauseous...

BiddyNZ I [emoji307]you and your postings! Reminds me a little of my MIL, her rationalization was if you stand up to eat the calories leave your body through the soles of your feet. Therefore you don't gain. The rest of us would be sitting enjoying our family parties, dinners etc. There she would be barely balancing a plate of food and standing,over us like a 5ft 2in condor ready to swope in. MIL and her family and,iwould wave a magnet over fresh fruit especially bananas, their reason? If you demagnetize something it gets rid of pesticides. Never could explain washing it instead.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Update: 4weeks Post Op - 210.6lbs (-11.8lbs from SW of 222.4lbs)

Okey dokey...so 4 long weeks; 1 month post-op. What a trip. I'm coming to you from somewhat of a Negative Nancy (Disgruntled Daphne) perspective due to the dreaded 3 week stall/pox upon the land that is still with me. Sigh. I've now lost about 2.75lbs/week since surgery. No offense, but being average bites great big green ones.

For those of you who are not post-op and who have not experienced a stall post-surgery, I can NOT describe the mental trauma the stall inflicts. Seriously, having a stall during regular weight loss makes you feel like gnawing off a limb just to see a drop on the scale. LOL. But having a stall after you've cut out 90% of your stomach and about 2m of intestines is EXCRUCIATING!!!! It's a mind fu*k the likes of which you've never known. It DOES feel like, this is the end of it. I will be the ONLY person on the face of the earth for whom the surgery did not work. LOL.

On top of worry about that, you know, the whole calorie restriction thing that comes as part of the volume limitations in a tag-team one-two punch that adds insult to injury. Cuz I don't know about you, but I'm thinking, "FU! I've done all of this and am eating 450-500cals/day and I've lost 2.75lbs per week and nothing in over 7 days?" LOL, this is how fu*ked up my head is right now...last night, I had Bigtime Billy Badass rebellion and so I ate 1 1/8 ounces corned beef + 1 1/8 ounces corned pork + 1 1/2 oz "fried" cabbage and I felt GUILTY cuz my calories went over 550cals for the day! Let me repeat, I felt guilty for eating too much at dinner and for having the daily nuts of: 581cals; 69g protein; 29g fat; 19g carbs; 5g fiber; 14g net carbs; 3g nat occurring sugar for the day. How insane is that? ROFLMFAO!!! AND I walked for 1 hour yesterday on bursitis hips that hurt like a MOFO! *snort* *indeed*

I'm whipping myself into high dudgeon and indignation. LOL. Can you tell today you should all call me Ms. Cranky McCrankypants?

I don't wish for complications. But I honestly do NOT understand how every doc on The YouTube says I should be getting full on 3-4 bites (about 2Tbsp of food) at 3-4 weeks post-op and I'm like, dudes. Have you EVER had surgery? You're nuts! I can eat 1/2c - 3/4c of food COMFORTABLY! Hells I could prolly eat 3oz of dense Protein right this instant. I could prolly eat 2 eggs. TWO eggs! LOL. I could tear it up!!!

*le sigh*

It is my fervent hope that my visit with the surgeon this week and with the RD right behind her appointment will give me the answers and tools I need to relieve me of the ginormous asshat I am currently laboring to wear. It weighs a ton, is uncomfortable, offers poor visibility and the flies are a liability.

The End.

kserrynotserry this couldn't have been a rainbows and unicorns thread. But this 3 week stall sucks huge green donkey dicks and if I could shoot it in the face with something I would! There. I said it. Bite me.

Edited by FluffyChix

I had a similar moment and ate about 2/3 pulled pork (I did not measure) and cole slaw (not diet) not just once but TWICE on Saturday. I was so tired of limited energy, my family was eating, I thought screw it, I'm not losing anyway. Then I had a spoon full of regular ice cream on the same day. It was scary that I could eat all of that! I did not feel great but I did not have to lay down etc.

Got back on plan Sunday and I'm steering clear of that mother f'ing scale...

Then I tried to measure yesterday but thought where exactly is my waist :48_weary:and what part of my thighs did I measure???

But luckily I have no choice but to stay on course!

3 minutes ago, newself said:

I had a similar moment and ate about 2/3 pulled pork (I did not measure) and cole slaw (not diet) not just once but TWICE on Saturday. I was so tired of limited energy, my family was eating, I thought screw it, I'm not losing anyway. Then I had a spoon full of regular ice cream on the same day. It was scary that I could eat all of that! I did not feel great but I did not have to lay down etc.

Got back on plan Sunday and I'm steering clear of that mother f'ing scale...

Then I tried to measure yesterday but thought where exactly is my waist :48_weary:and what part of my thighs did I measure???

But luckily I have no choice but to stay on course!

Oh dear God I feel ya!!! ((hugs)) We gotta hang together on this mkay? Our stalls have GOT to break at some point. Right? I measured yesterday. I do have a waist (it's big, but it's smaller than my ass), and I had lost 1/2inch down from pre-surg and I'm thinking, yeah...that's nothing--it's just surgery swelling going down. So I don't even know what "truth" is in the measurements cuz of surgery inflammation. In plastic surgery they say give it 6 months to a year to know what you will actually look like once all the Fluid is gone. I can't expect other surgery to be any different. Right?

Sigh. It's the mental game that is the toughest, isn't it? LOL. We have to be warriors girl!!! TAWANDA!!!!!! It's my new war cry! Thank you Fannie Flag!

Never mind...lol.

Edited by FluffyChix

But in the past I would have long abandoned my diet once the stall lasted more than a few days, and for sure once I blew my diet. So... there is hope for us yet!!

5 minutes ago, newself said:

But in the past I would have long abandoned my diet once the stall lasted more than a few days, and for sure once I blew my diet. So... there is hope for us yet!!

Absolutely true girl!!! Way to turn my frown upside down! :D