Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out With the Old--In With the New!

Yay Fluffy!

My latest food obsession is avocado, Tomato with my morning egg or omelet. Also eliminating one snack a day but I have to be careful I was a little lightheaded in Hobby Lobby yesterday. Holy **** Batman - I was shopping so much and suddenly it was 2pm and I hadn't eaten LUNCH! LOL So I had groceries in the car - provolone cheese, deli turkey, and a wheat cracker later I was okey dokey. I can't wait to get to FL for vacay# 2 this week and go to the fresh fish markets - I wonder if blue crabs are in season?

2 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Yay Fluffy!

My latest food obsession is avocado, Tomato with my morning egg or omelet. Also eliminating one snack a day but I have to be careful I was a little lightheaded in Hobby Lobby yesterday. Holy **** Batman - I was shopping so much and suddenly it was 2pm and I hadn't eaten LUNCH! LOL So I had groceries in the car - provolone cheese, deli turkey, and a wheat cracker later I was okey dokey. I can't wait to get to FL for vacay# 2 this week and go to the fresh fish markets - I wonder if blue crabs are in season?

Sounds yummy!!! Why are you eliminating the snack? You're still losing like a big dog aren't you? Or am I confusing that you're on a 2 month stall? Damn you chemobrain!

Great snack/lunch tho!!! But dang on getting dizzy. So scary!!!! I'm so excited for your vacay. Remember, we demand piccys or it didn't happen! :D

I do think blue crabs are in season girl! :D But you're in FL so be sure to also try the stone crab claws! YUM!

This is awesome news! I KNOW you will reach your goal and stay there! I haven't really ever seen anyone so dedicated!

It's really interesting how our bodies work... I had been in a stall and the panic set in but then yesterday I tried on jeans that were skin tight and a button up shirt that was tight in the stomach and arms and they fit just fine. I wouldn't have thought to try them on (I work from home and have been in leggings/yoga pants) but I had a social thing and the weather has changed so I went for it, Something to keep in mind if you have another stall.

I saw people I have not seen since Dec and I noticed a few looking at me like something was different but they could not put their finger on what it was.

The stall has sort of broken - I am down a pound, at least it is not teetering back and forth but staying gone, so ssshhhh (whispering gently so as not to spook it). I refuse to update my profile until it stays off a whole week. 😆👙

@newself Wow!!! Congrats to you!!! Love when formerly too small outfits not only fit but give a little wiggle room! :) I bet your changes were very diff and people were staring cuz you look great. They probably also were afraid to ask you if you were dieting and lost weight. They do that to me all the time. And YEEEEHAWWWW for wearing flannel pj bottoms and long sleeve tshirts to work. :) I too work from home, so those are "my jams." Hehe!

@Sosewsue61 OK, I don't wanna jinx it so won't say anything more until you official pronounce it gone! ((hugs)) OMG. I hate stalls so much!!! You're so cute btw! :D

Help! How do you know you hit a stall? I suspect I've hit a stall: 206.6, 206.6, 205.4, 206.0. In the other 10 days since surgery, I lost the Water weigh gain + 10 pounds. What do you think?

Just now, Apple203 said:

Help! How do you know you hit a stall? I suspect I've hit a stall: 206.6, 206.6, 205.4, 206.0. In the other 10 days since surgery, I lost the Water weigh gain + 10 pounds. What do you think?

Yeah pretty much it sounds like your 3 week is hitting. They can hit anywhere from 2-4 weeks usually?

Here was my progression so you can compare: 210.4, 210.4, 211.2, 211.6, 210.6, 210.4, 209, 208.4, 209.4, 207.8, 207lbs.

So it's def not "linear" but you can def see that there was a see-saw where before I was losing about .5lbs day, every day from the 221.2lb area.

((hugs)) Oh it so sucks for you right now. My heart goes out to you. Please come rant here with us and let it all out of your system!!

OK, I'm just going to try to be strong, because this can't last long at 400-500 kcal a day. :778_heartbeat:

14 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

OK, I'm just going to try to be strong, because this can't last long at 400-500 kcal a day. :778_heartbeat:

I know girlie. It helps when you can eat full textured solids though. I'm getting my 60g of Protein in and eating my 1/2c per meal and am having on average about 475-525 cals depending on if I use 1/2oz of avocado at dinner or not. LOL. It does get easier!

And lol, I believe that "Better Living Through Chemistry" is my mantra. So if there's a low cal/low fat/low carb sauce out on the market, I will find it--embrace it--use it to my advantage! :D

What is your diet like this week?

I've brought in 2 oz. of cottage cheese or yogurt for 2 meals. Breakfast is still an iced coffee Protein Shake, and dinner is still a Premier Protein. So. Boring. Over the next three weeks I can bring in other soft foods for those two meals.

Just now, Apple203 said:

I've brought in 2 oz. of cottage cheese or yogurt for 2 meals. Breakfast is still an iced coffee Protein Shake, and dinner is still a Premier Protein. So. Boring. Over the next three weeks I can bring in other soft foods for those two meals.

Oh sweetie. ((hugs)) and hang in there!! Do you have any Peanut Butter powder? It helps the yogurt and cottage cheese be more filling. And I absolutely think the Walden Farms Blueberry pancake Syrup was a life saver. I added that to both the y/cc after mixing in peanut butter powder and adding about 1/2-1oz of PP shakes to them.

Yes- the PB powder has been and still is a huge winner for me! Mix with yogurt add a tiny bit of powdered cocoa and sweetener of your choice is really good!

Update: 6 Weeks Post - 206.6lbs (-15.8lbs from SW of 222.4lbs--hey, that's 2.6lbs/wk--I'll take it--grudgingly! :angry: )

So this past weekend was Easter and we traveled to my sissy's house to spend it with her and BIL and the kiddos. We had a ton of fun with great visits! There was too much time spent in the kitchen, too much time spent decorating for Easter Brunch and not enough time spent playing Hearts! LOL.

It's so funny how perspective changes when you only consume about 1/2c per meal (about 3oz of food by weight max). I've gotten to where I can make dinner for Mr. F. and I in less than 15 minutes most nights. Clean-up takes about 5-10 minutes and we're done in 30 minutes or less (or your meal is free) and that includes clean-up. And bless my sissy's heart, even making tuna salad and sandwiches for din Friday night took about an hour plus more time to clean up! LOL.

So I was cheat free--even the sugar free candy I bought for Mr. F.'s Easter Basket! But there was late night shenanigans with 5 Peanut Butter stuffed pretzel bites and 1/2oz of roasted salted peanuts. I fought with foot/shin cramps. I knew it wasn't Calcium, cuz I take my vits religiously. I knew it wasn't hydration, cuz I get in 120oz of liquids daily. But I did figure it was either magnesium or salt and these delicious morsels gave me both. And the only magnesium rich food around were peanuts, these pretzels, and pure peanut butter. I do admit I made a bad choice with the pretzel bites. :(

So between the Easter night cheat, travel, and salty Proteins like ham, I'm was up 2lbs yesterday. I'm happy to be down a pound this morning, but it still sucks to see the scale go upwards and to see all the swelling in my feet and ankles. Otherwise, I easily stayed on plan with food and had no angst about not drinking alcohol. So that's good! (Oh and I ran out of my low carb calcium capsules so had to sub back in the calcium chewy bites which are 15cals each and have carbs from sugar alcohols in them. So I don't know if maybe that's contributed to the scale going up or not?)

Tomorrow is my cardiology appt that I rescheduled due to stormy weather last week. So will ask him about diuretics again...

More later.

It's funny bc I gained 1.8 lbs that I attribute to salt as well. ugh!