Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could Someone 'Splain This To Me?

I have only just seen this thread and I have to confess I haven’t read all the responses so if I have missed something I apologise.

I have seen a few people post lately that seem to have had no idea of what they should be doing pre or post op. They don’t seem to have had any kind of process to follow and there doesn’t seem to be a support team for when things go wrong.

As far as I can see they are people that have chosen Medical Tourism. It seems as though for the providers it is all about making money with zero care or responsibility. No idea what sort of screening process they use but it does seem to leave a lot to be desired.

I feel sorry for those that have chosen this route not being properly prepared and then have to try and muddle their way through it afterwards

Should have let sleeping dogs lie, instead of necroposting! Let it die.

Good point, I hadn't noticed the dates!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

In all seriousness:
[mention=352513]joannniemiec[/mention] [mention=317115]nomorefattypatty[/mention] The main question is what was the intent in RESURRECTING a YEAR OLD post that began this railing against/arguing/fighting/defending/supporting the comment about the president and/or the president himself, when that post was ALREADY DEAD/NOT COMMENTED ON THEN/FROM SOMEONE WHO HADN'T POSTED SINCE OCTOBER; then jumping to the conclusion that [mention=348014]Beachladee3[/mention] was laughing at the president comment back in September (as opposed to any other part of the post); then following up your comments by stating this discussion has no place on this site...when you brought it up again and continue to post about it?!?! I am flummoxed.
Should have let sleeping dogs lie, instead of necroposting! Let it die.
IT JUST SHOWED UP IN MY FEED. This is BS. You feel the need to emphasize that this is a year old. It should have not showed up in my feed unless somebody else mentioned it. Your brining this up AND EMPHASIZING IT only exaserbates (sp?) the situation. This whole bariatric site is supposed to help. Honestly, I don't think to that this is helpful. Before you decide to berate me for responding to a post that shows up recently, ask. If you can't be understanding and find out the circumstances, do me a favor and DONT RESPOND. I don't find any of this beneficial. I think I will remove myself from this whole app.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, joannniemiec said:

IT JUST SHOWED UP IN MY FEED. This is BS. You feel the need to emphasize that this is a year old. It should have not showed up in my feed unless somebody else mentioned it. Your brining this up AND EMPHASIZING IT only exaserbates (sp?) the situation. This whole bariatric site is supposed to help. Honestly, I don't think to that this is helpful. Before you decide to berate me for responding to a post that shows up recently, ask. If you can't be understanding and find out the circumstances, do me a favor and DONT RESPOND. I don't find any of this beneficial. I think I will remove myself from this whole app.

I actually contemplated not responding (as you see, I didn't respond to nomorefattypatty insults...no discussion there), but I will...

Don't get mad and take your ball home. Don't let one online interaction take away something you find beneficial for your ongoing health and success...that would be self-sabotage. You should stay if you find support here.

I rarely comment on threads like this, but I did ask a question...and it still wasn't answered by either of you. I was truly confused, as I stated, and my question was serious...as I stated. I can't answer why this was in your feed (as the last post before yours was in September)...regardless, the actual post that you commented on was a year old; you became indignant about it (which led to nomorefattypatty defending the president, a grown man who doesn't need defending; which led to additional discussion of a topic, by your account, should not be discussed here) ...in the ensuing year that it was posted nobody referenced the comment about the president, except you..you highlighted it...you started the discussion (go back and take a look); people have now responded (which is guaranteed to happen in any open access online community); the thing that really got me was the comment that this resurrected discussion point about the president isn't appropriate for this site...but it was already dead and had never become a discussion point until now.

And I am not being facetious here: What did you think would happen when you posted that? Did you think people would not respond to it? If you did, how did you think people would respond? Since you say that I wasn't helpful in my response to you, did you actually think your initial comment was helpful for this community, especially given the divisive environment that we are living in?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I actually contemplated not responding (as you see, I didn't respond nomorefattypatty insults...no discussion there), but I will...
Don't get mad and take your ball home. Don't let one online interaction take away something you find beneficial for your ongoing health and success...that would be self-sabotage. You should stay if you find support here.
I rarely comment on threads like this, but I did ask a question...and it still wasn't answered by either of you. I was truly confused, as I stated, and my question was serious...as I stated. I can't answer why this was in your feed (as the last post before yours was in September)...regardless, the actual post that you commented on was a year old; you became indignant about it (which led to nomorefattypatty defending the president, a grown man who doesn't need defending; which led to additional discussion of a topic, by your account, should not be discussed here) ...in the ensuing year that it was posted nobody referenced the comment about the president, except you..you highlighted it...you started the discussion (go back and take a look); people have now responded (which is guaranteed to happen in any open access online community); the thing that really got me was the comment that this resurrected discussion point about the president isn't appropriate for this site...but it was already dead and had never become a discussion point until now.
Am I am not being facetious here: What did you think would happen when you posted that? Did you think people would not respond to it? If you did, how did you think people would respond? Since you say that i wasn't helpful in my response to you, did you actually think your initial comment was helpful for this community, especially given the divisive environment that we are living in?
Me and my ball is leaving.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Somehow a double post...go figure!

14 hours ago, joannniemiec said:

Me and my ball is leaving.

sweet jesus

Bahahahahaha! ...when necroposting goes sideways...

Good times!

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Bahahahahaha! ...when necroposting goes sideways...

Good times!

@FluffyChix Bizarro...and your thread got hijacked, to boot!

On 12/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

@FluffyChix Bizarro...and your thread got hijacked, to boot!

LOL. No worries hon! Hilarious stuff!

On 12/16/2017 at 12:30 PM, FluffyChix said:

I promise I'm not judging anyone. I promise, this isn't in response to any particular thread already existing on this forum.

I'm genuinely confused. I "think" in the US that most of us who are in programs paid by insurance, must go through a supervised weight loss period prior to insurance approval. It ranges from 3-6 months or even longer--maybe even a year or more?

I did not have a supervised diet. I went in, did the consult, did all the pre-op appointments in less than 2 months, then surgery. I was given a very, very large manual (like 200 pages) that describes all of the nutrition and exercise and mental health stuff. I did meet with the psychiatrist, the nutritionist twice, and had to watch some videos. I felt like I was prepared, though, and haven't had any problems following the book. If I have a question, I shoot them an email, but it's always an unusual question that has to do with my complication or just some off the wall thing most people probably don't think to ask, ever. lol.

I've talked to a disturbing amount of people that don't have a manual, though. No guidance at all on portion sizes or what foods are safe or how long their stages should be. That is scary to me and I don't know why anyone would pay a program without... getting a program.

Edited by mousecat88

Oh snap. This is an old thread and I walked into some drama. EXITING. LMAO.

@nomorefattypatty when your asking a question or confused about what to eat or not to eat thinking it has something to do with where your surgeon works at or his or her ability to give you the proper information that just because some people are still wondering what to eat is stupid because none of these things has anything to do with it. So get your facts together if you dont like my answer don't read it because its useful to people that has sense only.

On 12/25/2018 at 5:57 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I actually contemplated not responding (as you see, I didn't respond to nomorefattypatty insults...no discussion there), but I will...

And I am not being facetious here: What did you think would happen when you posted that? Did you think people would not respond to it? If you did, how did you think people would respond? Since you say that I wasn't helpful in my response to you, did you actually think your initial comment was helpful for this community, especially given the divisive environment that we are living in?

I agree

This whole post is gold lol keep-going-dont-stop-we-have-nice-show-here-popcorn-meme.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app