Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your spouse's weight change after YOUR surgery?

I figure that my spouse will either lose weight right along with me ( since I won't be eating much, cooking much, no Snacks or eating out for a while) OR he may gain weight by eating what I don't.

What happened with your spouse or significant other's weight?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 1

My spouse is skinny always he never gains and we r same age it makes me sick I don't eat and still gain.

• Like 1

Mine gained from eating my leftovers.

Mr. F. is losing like a beast. How aggravating. Right? Am I right?

• Like 5

My boyfriend is losing as well, although he was 160 so I’m kind of [emoji849] about it ha. He’s walking with me and eating the recipes I eat, just normal portions not baby portions!

• Like 1

Mine is staying the same do far. He never has been one to finish what's on my plate and he still eats the same as always. He's only about 15 pounds overweight so he said if he decides he wants to lose it he would put this mind to it and do it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/14/2017 at 8:47 AM, MrsHTX said:

i warned my hubs that this is my fear for him. He loves to eat my leftovers.

• Like 1

I am envious he can eat anything and maintain his weight. He eats healthier because I cook. He rolls his eyes when I get excited and quote how much protien he's getting in with a meal.

He still can eat half a cherry pie and a large meal with no change in weight. Ugh kills me.

• Like 1

My husband started changing his eating habits when I started prepping for surgery (I had 6 months prior to surgery in August). He's lost 40 pounds and blew past his goal of 30. Very proud of him. He feels great and has kept up his good habits.

• Like 2

My husband has done both. We started eating healthy and working out when I was on my pre-op diet and he lost about 60 pounds (I lost 30 preop) and he maintained until this spring when we went on vacation. He got a little loose with his diet, specifically portion size, and lax in the exercise (we both have). He's since gained 20 back of the 60 so he's still down 40 pounds but hes very frustrated.

Because I control most of the food at home (I do the cooking and control the portion sizes), my husband has lost a bit. This is a tad frustrating for me as weighing less than him is one of my milestones... and he keeps moving the finish line! :)

• Haha 1

I am in Sullie on this. First 2 years he lost. Then I hit goal He gained about 20 He eats most anything and often everything. If anything he is confused why I am still plugged in to weight loss - on the plus what energy was taken out of kitchen landed in the bedroom. [emoji5]

So far, my boyfriend has lost a few pounds. It's actually noticeable. He's eating differently (replacing meals with Protein Shakes, for example) and in smaller portions in part because of my way of eating. My surgery has really brought an awareness to both of our eating habits. I'm excited to see the change in both of us.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:47 AM, MrsHTX said:

I'm a little afraid that once I'm a few months post op and able to eat more regular food this may start to happen with my boyfriend, too.

Husband isnt overweight, but loves it when I go on a diet 'cause he loses, too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BTmom

Can't wait to say goodbye to this body.... 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jodi1980

So I had a Pure Protein birthday cake bar for my p.m. snack and it was anything but. yuck. I think the only bar I like is their chocolate salted caramel. Disappointing.

I am drinking the Syntrax Nectar Pink Grapefruit. On a scale of 1 to 5, I'm giving it a 3 to 4 for taste. I think that leaves me with only one shake left and that is the green apple I believe. I will have to decide what I want to order for my final decision. So many flavors though...
      · 0 replies
    • Jodi1980

Tired the Syntrax Nectar Lemonade. Meh. It was okay but the foam/froth at the top kind of turned me off but I drank some of it.
      My husband, who will also be having VSG surgery next year, has been going to his nutrition classes so he wasn't home for dinner so i didn't have to worry about what to make him. I made Kraft mac and cheese for my son and well, I took about 5 big tablespoon out of the bowl as he ate his. Yes, I confess, I was doing so well! I didn't beat myself up though. I just know now, I can't be doing that anymore! I did add it to my Bariastic app. as I am tracking everything I eat and drink. Needless to say, those 5 tablespoon took 125 calories that quick!! I thought to myself, was it really worth it?! When I was in the moment, yeah, it was but I then why am I here in the first place?
      After I put my son to bed, I drank the rest of the lemonade. I give it about a 3. I had blended with just water and ice cubes. I'm thinking if ice was in my glass without blending, it probably would have tasted better. Trial by error, I suppose.
      This morning, I had the Syntrax Nectar Twisted Cherry. I blended at work with a banana. I give this one a 3. Kind of reminded me of children's cough syrup. I mean it wasn't horrible but I liked some of the flavors better. I already had a protein bar around 10am but it's already 11:07a.m. and I don't have lunch for another hour. 
      I was going to have my meal for dinner but I think I may just have it for lunch instead. I'm thinking a nice salad with some hard boiled egg for protein. Probably run to my local grocery store and get one from the salad bar they have! Just taking it one day at a time! 
      · 0 replies
    • okayestmom

My oldest son Just got home from deployment in the middle east. I missed him and am looking forward to spending some time with him.  He wants to go to Nebraska Furniture (north of us near where his sister lives) to look for a new dining room table for his house.  I will for sure be getting my steps in and my daughter has better furniture taste than I do, so that will help as well.  My stomach feels 100% better knowing he is safe (as long as we avoid I 35 construction haha).
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

That's wonderful that your son is getting to come home and I hope you have a wonderful visit. Please thank him for his service and thanks to you for your service as well! I didn't think there was anyway to avoid the I-35 construction, short of growing wings. Good luck with that ;)

• Jodi1980

Lunch time was my yummy dinner from last night. I made homemade turkey chili. I know, it's the middle of summer but I wanted something hardy and that was perfect with some sliced avocado & a tad of shredded Mexican cheese. YUM! I found the recipe that was titled "the best turkey chili recipe you will ever eat" and in fact, it was!
      My shake this afternoon is the Syntrax Nectar Kiwi Strawberry with a banana. I brought in my magic bullet blender to work since it's light and portable. I used water this time instead of the almond milk. Sipping it now at my desk, it's pretty good. I'd give this one a 5! The banana takes over and taste just like strawberry banana shake. Yum!
      Not quite sure what I am planning on tonight for dinner but since I had my main meal for lunch, it will consist of a dinner shake and a p.m. snack after (protein based of course- probably 2 hard boiled eggs.
       10 more days until surgery... I really hope my liver is teeny tiny from all of this!
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs