Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

28 minutes ago, Mary Stokley Gromer said:

I was sleeved on 12/5 so we are almost twins! I am down 44 but it's been tough. My NP wasn't joking when she said it would still be hard work! I've only lost 5 lbs since Valentine's Day. I wasn't even trying but Portion Control is what helped me lose that. Now I'm working on doing another RESET. What that means is I go back to the beginning, right after surgery. What made us lose so fast? It's because we were basically fasting before and after surgery then a Liquid Protein diet the first 2 weeks. At least that's what they had me do. I have done a RESET 2 other times and it helped me drop 8 lbs in about 4 days. Still taking my Vitamins, drinking a lot of Water. I've also incorporated the Apple Cider Vinegar drink into my plan, which I'm starting on today. Exercise has been my downfall on a consistent basis. I'm doing good at exercising 3 times per week but can't seem to get more in, so I've started increasing that.

I'm trying to lose 22 lbs by April 5th, my 4 month sleeve anniversary. It will be hard but it's 18 days. If I hit this goal, I will be under 200 for the first time in 20 yrs!! Make a goal for yourself for April 7th and let's see how we do!!

Sounds like a plan! My birthday is April 5th and my 4 month sleeve anniversary will be the 7th so I would like to set my goal to lose 23 lbs to make me 215 by then. Lets do this!!

You got it Girlfriend!!! PS...for me, maybe not for most....I find when I set my goals that end in a "9" really helps me. Like right now, I'm at 221 and a short goal is 219, next is 209, then 199. If I struggle in between, I start the goal to get to the "4". I'm better at short term goals so I am not overwhelmed with the long term HUGE weightloss I need to do, like when I started and it was 125 lbs. I can even think of that. I was also thinking today about my 6 month apt on June 5th. Can I really make it to 100 lbs? I can see that happening!!!

Sleeved on 12/18. Down 56 as of this morning. Lost 7 inches at waist. Did the closet purge this weekend. Very fun.

Need to work on upping my exercise and my Water drinking. Constipation a massive problem until I got Fiber gummies.

Very happy with the decision.

Hello everyone

I was sleeved on 12/13 and I'm down 50.2 lbs. Sooo close to Wonderland I can taste it!!!

22 hours ago, Mary Stokley Gromer said:

That's sooooo AWESOME!!! Congratulations!!! I'm 22 lbs out from ONEderland!! I cannot wait to post my own message about hitting it!!

I've been cleaning out my closet for the last 2 months. Did it this week again. My closet only has 1/3 being used. I don't feel like shopping just yet cause I want to buy smaller clothes. I have a lot of smaller sizes now due to my post lap band surgery. But yesterday I hit one pound below my lowest with lap band! I feel like if I were to shop, I'd be "settling" at where I am. One or two newbie clothes but I'm holding off for the major shopping spree. Also, have you noticed your shoes getting really big? I'll be so happy to buy new shoes - shoe fanatic here!

The Goodwill has been my friend. I got 4 pair of jeans for less than $20.00 :) When these get too big, I won't mind donating them back at all lol.. And yes, I've got extra room for my toes in all my shoes :) happy happy !

How come our group has fizzled out?? Speaking of fizzling out.. so has my weight loss! :unsure: Anyone else slow to a crawl?

3 hours ago, MamaDarlin said:

How come our group has fizzled out?? Speaking of fizzling out.. so has my weight loss! :unsure: Anyone else slow to a crawl?

Hi Mama - me too! I have been gaining and losing the same 2lbs over and over again for around the past five weeks

I was 4lbs off my original target at the last visit to my nutritionist about 6 weeks ago. He revised my target down the way by another 16lbs. Psychologically I felt a bit deflated after that, but boy am I getting frustrated with this lose/ gain cycle!

Am generally more active and running 3 days a week! All in all a bit disheartened now!

I'm still going strong. Down about 175lbs from my high weight and only about 6lbs away from goal. Loss has definitely slowed over the past couple of months, but I'm still losing.

I’ve lost 89 lbs to date. I’m actually ok with my weight loss slowing down to a normal rate. I was losing too quickly, and it caused some huge menstrual cycle problems.

I also left the boards because I noticed that it became a FB/ Instagram environment where everyone was not necessarily supportive. They were on here to just post catty, insensitive comments. I didn’t join for that or to read any negative comments to others. So, I just weeded myself away from the boards.

You all have done so great! I've only lost 64 lbs, and 20 of that was pre surgery. I've always been a slow loser but I expected much more. I wonder if my diabetes is a factor. Which is sadly one of the big reasons I did this, still struggling with my blood sugars even on an almost full low-carb diet.

7 minutes ago, MamaDarlin said:

You all have done so great! I've only lost 64 lbs, and 20 of that was pre surgery. I've always been a slow loser but I expected much more. I wonder if my diabetes is a factor. Which is sadly one of the big reasons I did this, still struggling with my blood sugars even on an almost full low-carb diet.

Do you track/log your food? Calories and protein/carbs/fat grams?

6 hours ago, RosieQueenofScots said:

Hi Mama - me too! I have been gaining and losing the same 2lbs over and over again for around the past five weeks

I was 4lbs off my original target at the last visit to my nutritionist about 6 weeks ago. He revised my target down the way by another 16lbs. Psychologically I felt a bit deflated after that, but boy am I getting frustrated with this lose/ gain cycle!

Am generally more active and running 3 days a week! All in all a bit disheartened now!

We have almost the same stats, you have done much better than me! I would be ecstatic to be at 175. My practice doesn't set goals, however my own personal goal is to get under 200 then Ill reset a new goal from there. That little 2 lb yoyo really messes with your mind. I know I shouldn't go on the scale as often as I do but it keeps me focused.

I’ve been good! I was sleeved on 12/28. Im down 67 lbs since my surgery. Im pleased with my results bc I’m strength training 4 days a week and I’ve gained a lot of muscle. I’m working on losing and toning at the same time. I’m not at my goal yet but I’m getting there! Best of luck to all of you!!!

I feel like I have stalled too. Haven’t lost anything in 6 weeks. Haven’t gained at least but no loss at all. Even before that it had seriously slowed down. I am down 66 overall since surgery but have so much further to go. I admit I slacked a bit in tracking for a few weeks but have been actively tracking again for last 4 weeks and working out almost daily (rotating cardio and strength).

Was hoping to be down more before my wedding in September. Not sure if stress from work and wedding is causing more of a stall. Just feeling really discouraged.

5 hours ago, MamaDarlin said:

Hi there! I was so relieved to read this. I have been around the same weight for 3 months it seems. In June, I started weight training, but the scale is barely moving. I am still in no carbs (other than whatever carbs are in fruits/veggies) so I thought I would’ve lost a lot more than 52 pounds by now. Very frustrating.