Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

It was 5 weeks for me yesterday. Had my 4-week follow-up with the dietitian, that went well. Can not wait for General Diet next week!

Surgery was Dec 13. Yesterday I ate hamburger meat and green Beans, which I have eaten before. It hurt as they went down. Couldn’t keep them down. Sigh.

Surgery for me was the 11th. Ive found that ground meat doesn't really sit well with me. Is that the same for you??

33 minutes ago, Elise24 said:

Surgery was Dec 13. Yesterday I ate hamburger meat and green Beans, which I have eaten before. It hurt as they went down. Couldn’t keep them down. Sigh.

Try ground turkey or chicken and make sure you're using a moist cooking method..

2 hours ago, abefroman329 said:

Try ground turkey or chicken and make sure you're using a moist cooking method..

Thank you. But I have eaten hamburger and green Beans before with no problems. I don’t know why last night was different.

2 hours ago, Road2Newme3 said:

Surgery for me was the 11th. Ive found that ground meat doesn't really sit well with me. Is that the same for you??

I have been okay with ground beef until recently. I don’t know what has changed. 🙁

hi sleeve buddies :) good to see how people are doing...

I've been doing okay since the surgery until last week when i got the flu. Only being able to take liquid gels with tylenol in them wasn't as hard core as I would have been with Advil or Aleve..and liquid Tamiflu is awful.

I'm most upset that I haven't been able to exercise or go to the gym and it will be awhile before I get back there with this horrible chest cough. Oh well...

how is everyone else doing? anyone settle into an eating window? I'm finding I do a lot better if I don't eat until I'm hungry mid morning and eat in that 8 hour or so window...got me out of my stall too...

On 1/26/2018 at 1:02 PM, Jeannie49 said:

hi sleeve buddies :) good to see how people are doing...

I've been doing okay since the surgery until last week when i got the flu. Only being able to take liquid gels with tylenol in them wasn't as hard core as I would have been with Advil or Aleve..and liquid Tamiflu is awful.

I'm most upset that I haven't been able to exercise or go to the gym and it will be awhile before I get back there with this horrible chest cough. Oh well...

how is everyone else doing? anyone settle into an eating window? I'm finding I do a lot better if I don't eat until I'm hungry mid morning and eat in that 8 hour or so window...got me out of my stall too...

Hi Jeannie.. been a while since my last post.. looks like you're doing great to me.. Ive hit a stall myself.. been stuck on 204 about a week now.. Today, I decided to go back to yogurt, cottage cheese and very soft foods to try to break it... I can't go that long without eating something every couple of hours.. I get this yucky sick feeling if I go too long. But a new faithful commitment to the gym will help I'm sure ;) Sounds like you have a good excuse to have been skipping , I dont. lol Hope you get over the flu quickly.. and continued good luck wishes to you!

Hi Everyone!! It's been a long long time since I have been on here. Even worse was being sick. I had bronchitis so bad in December I had 2 rounds of antibiotics and constant nebulizer treatements just to breathe. My whole weight loss stalled in week 3 when I got sick. I never got completely well but was able to start losing weight again. I started getting a relapse the 3rd week of January again. It was just as bad. 2 more rounds of antibiotics...UGH!! I asked my doctor what's going on? I feel something is really wrong.

Then last Monday I was going through old mail. I found a letter from the hospital dated Dec 13th but I never saw it since I was recovering from surgery. The letter said "We are required by State of CA to test all people for MRSA. We need to inform you that your nasal test tested positive for MRSA". Oh GREAT. If you don't know what that is...it is a staph infection that is resistant to antibiotics. If not treated in can cause really bad damage or be fatal. So this week has been a whirlwind about that now. My Primary Care said that could be why I got so sick. The 2nd antibiotic she gave me is on the list of meds that kill MRSA and remarkably I got well with this crap!! So it makes me wonder.

Now that said I have to do a regime of 3 months of Bleach Baths twice a week, a mouth wash and a nasal ointment. They can't test me at a lab or doctor's office. Only at the ER or in hospital. So I'm thinking I'm going to make a visit to the ER at the hospital where I had surgery. If I am NOT positive for MRSA now, I want to know. I certainly don't want to sit in a tub with 1-2 cups of bleach in the Water for 30 min twice a week. Plus that mouth wash can be damaging to my teeth and discolor them. Got to say I got it from the HOSPITAL and that ticks me off. Had it got on my incisions, we could be talking some serious problems. At least that is ok.

I'll try to get online a little more often but wanted you to know. I'm sorry I bugged out but it's been tough.

Goods news for my 2 month followup post-op I was 34 lbs down with a total of 50 lost. I wanted more but being I was so sick, I think that is good, My goal was to hit 40 and that would also be my lowest when I had the lapband 6 years ago. So I'm almost there. The 25 lbs to go to be under 200!!

I've cleaned out my closet, and pulled out all my clothes from when I had lap band (forever style clothes not fad clothes) and I'm having a HUGE clothing sale!! Hope you are all doing this too or giving it away!

2 hours ago, Rubyfit4life said:

How’s all the December sleepers doing? It’s our 3rd month post op!!! Time fly’s by!!!

I've lost 47lbs and in three months its amazing to see how much my face and body has changed.

I've lost 47lbs and in three months its amazing to see how much my face and body has changed.

Same here!! I had surgery Dec 4th and I started at 274 and yesterday I weighed in at 227. So I am down 47 pounds as well! It's insane! I feel amazing but I still have a hard time seeing the weight loss. However for now I feel it and I know my clothing has gotten a bit smaller. So I'm cool with that lol. 47 pounds is amazing!!! Kudos on all of your accomplishment! All of you!

I was 12/12 and am down over 50 lbs. I feel amazing and have been super active and really enjoying being thinner. People who haven’t seen me for a bit have been shocked