Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

I was sleeved on 12/13 back to work last week.. Down 25 lbs since surgery... 38 all together... weird but I don’t see it...Almost to puréed stage 1/17!! But who’s counting! Lol.. I cannot wait!

Officially a month out today! I'm feeling pretty good. I'm getting in about 65g of Protein a day and my 64 oz of water.... I I just started nursing school too! So far so good. I notice I'm really tired around 7/8 pm but I'm not all that surprised with how little of calories we're consuming this early out. I can't wait for my 6 week appointment to add in some cooked vegetables! I'm soo ready for some variety.
Hope everyone else is doing good!

Hw: 352
Sw: 321.8(day of surgery)
Cw: 291.0

Officially a month out today! I'm feeling pretty good. I'm getting in about 65g of Protein a day and my 64 oz of water.... I I just started nursing school too! So far so good. I notice I'm really tired around 7/8 pm but I'm not all that surprised with how little of calories we're consuming this early out. I can't wait for my 6 week appointment to add in some cooked vegetables! I'm soo ready for some variety.
Hope everyone else is doing good!

Hw: 352
Sw: 321.8(day of surgery)
Cw: 291.0

Hey we are surgery twins [emoji4] yeey for us. Congrats on nursing school I thought I was the only one so sleepy by like 8 or 9pm. Good to hear I'm not alone. Have you had any struggles so far?

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/5/2018 at 7:18 PM, MamaDarlin said:

Curious as to how much weight people have lost at the 1 month mark as we get into January? I'm 24 days since surgery so I have 6 more days to go but I've only lost 11 lbs with the bulk of it right at the beginning. Feeling like I'm losing slower. Where are you all at?

My month was the 7th and I have only lost 14 lbs since surgery. I was stalled for almost the whole month finally started losing. Ugh!

It was a month out for me on the 5th, As of today, I've lost 23 pds since surgery, 33 since it was scheduled mid-Nov. I don't weigh everyday anymore because that only frustrated me to not see a pound dropped everyday. I only continue to follow the plan (yay for soft foods!!) and weigh about every 3 days or so. Theres almost always a pound off by then. And soo glad to see I'm not the only one exhausted by 8 pm. I'm a night owl soo this has really been life changing. lol... I attribute it to the lack of caffeine in my life. :( but I do feel much better overall. And not getting up 3 or 4 times a night to go potty has been awesome!! Usually only once or not at all now! I'm sleeping MUCH better and waking up feeling alive!

Edited by hollyb815

Hey we are surgery twins [emoji4] yeey for us. Congrats on nursing school I thought I was the only one so sleepy by like 8 or 9pm. Good to hear I'm not alone. Have you had any struggles so far?

I had a lot is struggles starting off. With incision pain, more than usual and of course the pain meds made me nauseous. So I was only able to take tylenol. But I got super dehydrated and pass out 4 days post op. I had to go to the emergency room and get a couple bags of IV fluids. But after that happened I was adament about staying on top of my fluids. But other than that in the first 2 weeks or so I've been doing well.

What about you? Any struggles?

I had a lot is struggles starting off. With incision pain, more than usual and of course the pain meds made me nauseous. So I was only able to take tylenol. But I got super dehydrated and pass out 4 days post op. I had to go to the emergency room and get a couple bags of IV fluids. But after that happened I was adament about staying on top of my fluids. But other than that in the first 2 weeks or so I've been doing well.

What about you? Any struggles?

Just like you mentioned incision pain but that to bad. I was having alot of trouble sleeping and on the third day I was constipated (sorry tmi lol!) Other then that I've been doing good thank God. Right now I feel like my weight loss has stalled to I'm trying to stay positive. I know little by little the weight will come off.

Just like you mentioned incision pain but that to bad. I was having alot of trouble sleeping and on the third day I was constipated (sorry tmi lol!) Other then that I've been doing good thank God. Right now I feel like my weight loss has stalled to I'm trying to stay positive. I know little by little the weight will come off. BariatricPal mobile app

I also had Constipation early post op, I made the mistake of taking milk of magnesia! It was awful. It made my stomach and intestines inflammed.

I just got out of my stall. I noticed it around Christmas and I broke it monday. I'm sure you'll be out of it before you know it!

I also had Constipation early post op, I made the mistake of taking milk of magnesia! It was awful. It made my stomach and intestines inflammed.

I just got out of my stall. I noticed it around Christmas and I broke it monday. I'm sure you'll be out of it before you know it!

I hope I'm over this stall soon I don't want to get discouraged. I also feel like I'm always hungry I don't eat alot but o feel like I eat often does that happen to you?

I hope I'm over this stall soon I don't want to get discouraged. I also feel like I'm always hungry I don't eat alot but o feel like I eat often does that happen to you?

I'm not always hungry, but I definitely get hungry if it's been a few hours since I've eaten. I felt like I was eating too often too, but I realize while eating only about an ounce and a half per meal. It's gonna take a few times of eating to get in all my Protein. I eat about 4-5 times a day, about an ounce to 1.5 oz per meal.

I don't think there's any problem with that, I'll move down to 3 meals a day once I can actually eat like 2 oz or so.

I'm not always hungry, but I definitely get hungry if it's been a few hours since I've eaten. I felt like I was eating too often too, but I realize while eating only about an ounce and a half per meal. It's gonna take a few times of eating to get in all my Protein. I eat about 4-5 times a day, about an ounce to 1.5 oz per meal.

I don't think there's any problem with that, I'll move down to 3 meals a day once I can actually eat like 2 oz or so.

Oh that's exactly what I'm eating 4-5 times. I was honestly getting worried I was thinking did I even have this surgery. Then I have to remind myself I am eating often but I'm not eating alot. Some days I struggle to get in all my Protein even Water. I have to keep reminding myself to drink.

I was sleeved 12/7 and lost 9 lbs that first week, then was not losing anything. I was getting so frustrated!!! Felt like I did this and nothing was happening except not being able to eat. Talked to a few people I know locally that had this done and found out that I am not eating enough. They said make sure you eat every three hours and drink plenty of fluids. And then bam...I started losing I have went from 258 to 253 from Monday.

Edited by cdealdec

How long did folks have a lifting restriction? Mine was 10 lbs max for 6 weeks, which seems like a long time. I'm sure I've done more than that, but have been pretty careful.

Today's the first day of "normal" food for me! Haven't tried anything unusual yet, but may try something more creative for dinner. I did go to a restaurant today, but decided not to push it and just ordered 2 scrambled eggs, which I couldn't finish.

10 lbs max for the first 2 weeks, then 20 lbs max till 30 days after my surgery. I don't know what happens then.

Hello everyone! I'm new to this group and was sleeved on December 20th. For the last week I have been experiencing a tight almost sick feeling in my chest area when I go to eat and drink anything. Is this normal? If it is, I am hoping this goes away.

Edited by Hopeful2017