Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra Shopping

paula

Hey Greg! Ya wanna go into business? Here's the idea: We'll make bras for ladies who've had WLS surgery, and here's the best part: We'll offer free installation!

OK Ryan and Greg: I wanna start a Jock strap sizing business. Of course we women will determine the actual size as opposed to what a man will say is his size.

underwires for me... if you go to a "bra" store, or a higher end store, they will measure you, and tell you what you should really be wearing... i just get a bunch at the store and try them on, see which one looks best...

Do you have a facility that works with cancer patients. They're great to work with you for measurements, have very comfortable bras, a good variety, and good prices. If you're not sure who, check w/your hospital. They can usually recommend someone.

I do not know about you ladies but I got tired of wearing old lady bras..I was in the same boat as you were Paula..I went to Victoria Secret after Christmas since losing the 70= lbs ..I can finally fit into their bras. They only got to a 38 DD which is what I am wearing now. I have not lost any in my cup size since banding but that is due to the lift and implants I had done in 1998, before banding I was in a 42 DD..My 17yr old son looked at my before pics yesterday for the first time and he said it looks like my boobs are bigger now, I told him " no" you can just notice them more now since I lost all of the fat around the middle, no more fat gut, none the less.. the women at Victorias Secret are very helpful to measure you and reccomend a nice comfortable & sexy bra

Sorry for pooping on everyone's Victoria Secret parade, but I've been boycotting that place for years. They kept sending me catalogues, coupons, etc. I sent them letters asking them to stop, since they don't cater to "real" women. I told them I was plus size and none of their stuff fit me, so they sent me back a lame response with another catalogue, telling me that they did offer "some things" in larger sizes. So I looked and found 2 really lame things that were plus size, but only 1x. I wrote them back and told them I was offended, and to never solicit me again. I told them that Victoria's Secret is that she's bullemic. Even if I lose weight, I won't shop there. Frederick's of Hollywood (online) has really sexy stuff in really big sizes (cuz a lot of men buy from them... it's Hollywood, afterall.)

After all this discussion, I realized I have not been wearing underwires. They are padded push-up bras. I need the push to get them up there.

If the men start wearing underwires, they'll look like they did in junior high! :laugh

ANY man that developes a bra NEEDS to have the crap beat out of him.

Ryan...a thimble? pooooor Patti !

Michelle, I thought that V.S. only went up to a 38DD too, I think thats what size I will need though.... hmmmm who knows. Like you said, I want something that definately holds me up, comfy AND pretty.

I got a great bra at Lane Bryant. It doesn't have a wire or a band. It's molded and it just sort of stands up all by itself, which at my age comes in handy. I do fit my breasts into it, but even if I didn't have any breasts, it would still look just the same, I think. It's like a breast lift without the surgery. OK, it's cheating, but I don't care!

Nancy

I just heard that there's a big problem (bigger than ever, if you can imagine) with young girls getting prenant in Mexico. Seems the pharmacies there sell two sizes of condoms - regular and extra large. So many guys wanna be macho that they're buying the extra large ones, which are sliding off during sex. This came from a reliable source and might actually be true.... I'm taking it with a grain of salt but thought it was appropriate for this thread. If it's true, they could solve the problem by being more realistic: The two sizes should be regular, and extra small, right?