Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Bandsters!

Oh Green, I am so hoping that your depression dosn't last long. Not having your voice would really suck. I am sending your BIG (((hugs))) :tt1:

I am confident that yoour ENT Doc will get to the bottom of it.

In regard to the asthma... you mentioned that you take inhalers...

After you inhale one or both of your puffers do you RINSE out your mouth with Water and SPIT it all out???

This is very important as the inhalers contain steroids, if this medication gets on your vocal cords it can cause hoarseness.. I know this because it happened to my Mom. I also have asthma too.

I dont' mean to sound like a 'know it all' but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Donna D:

How are you doing since your slight de-fill? Are you back on the W/L band wagon???

I had my 2nd fluro fill yest. I have very mixed feelings... :confused:

Thanks for the advice, Peaches. I do rinse my mouth and spit but, you know, I have been wondering if the inhaler has been affecting my throat! My asthma has only recently been diagnosed but my doc thinks that I have always had it. This would make sense. There is asthma, along with depression, in our family. blehhhh!

Hi Green - Peaches

I am feeling good and am enjoyings eating Protein in a regular form instead of mush. I am eating 3 meals a day and trying to avoid the not so good yummy stuff. I am going to weigh this Sunday so I'll let you know then.

Peaches what was the outcome of your second fluro?

Green - I love you even dishevelled !! Big hugs and not to tight a squeeze cuy you are too skinny??? Wishing you sexy dreams instead of those nasty ones.:confused:

Where is Isabella the person who started this thread? I haven't seen any posting from her. Donna D. you have made a great decision. Have you signed up for the TLBC website. The Q&A sections from Dr. Yau is awesome. One question he states the most serious form of abuse to the band is putting too much food into it at one time. It can cause erosion which is very serious. He also stated that Protein creates muscles where veggies create sugars. As a diabetic this was a revelation. So now more protein and Vitamin supplements to take care of the rest. I will still have the small amount of veggies but now I won't worry about health issues. I love the site. Doddie

I went Mon Feb 4th and Dr. Y filled me up again... very restricted and I can just barely get in 900 - 1000 cals. WHICH IS AWESOME... but the tried and true will be in a couple of days....

Its usually 3-4 days and then..... NO restriction.

I am quite frustrated with all this fill,fill, fill stuff .... especially after all these months.

We'll see...

Hope your snow fall is not too deep tonight in T.O.!

Sweet dreams Green and Donna D:rolleyes2:

I went Mon Feb 4th and Dr. Y filled me up again... very restricted and I can just barely get in 900 - 1000 cals. WHICH IS AWESOME... but the tried and true will be in a couple of days....

I am quite frustrated with all this fill,fill, fill stuff .... especially after all these months.

We'll see...

Good luck with your latest fill, Peaches. Let us know what is going on with you. And, Donna D, you know we want to hear how life is in your corner.

My husband might be enjoying my ruined voice. Hah! I can't yell at him anymore.

* in response to a post about one page ago* i said i was the youngest banded person at the time i was banded.. and they made a big deal out of it in toronto.....i guess years ago it was fairly taboo to give wls to an adolescent.

Hi

I'm curious how you went from 5'10 to 6'0????????????????

hi lwood!

you are curious as to how i grew two inches? well.. most young people grow in height over the course of time! last i checked i am 182 cm......and since i was only an adolescent when i was banded, i was shorter.. i also had smaller feet by nearly 2 full sizes........ women stop growing in their early to mid twenties roughly.

hope that answers your question!

( believe me i wish i were shorter... cheers!)

it KIND of seems like few people on here.. i stress few.. are looking for ways to bring others down..... looking for flaws in statistics or personal info.

i found this a huge issue with the old lap band forum years ago, although at that point i was merely a voyeur... and it was essentially older women attacking younger women... i watched the nasty messages fly between them, and accusations etc for years.... dr joffee told me to just avoid lapband forums completly, cause he had heard they had been causing trouble.. so i did.. for many years!.. untill i felt i needed some advice... i am NOT saying thats what is happening here.. but i hope this does not turn into a place like that last one.

all people need support.. there are no reasons to lie, or try and outdo one another..... let alone make snide comments, questions, remarks or anything.

we are all on the same journey, hopefully for the same reasons.....there is no reason for jealousy....competition...... or anything of the sort.

its been a slice.

goodluck to everybody,thank you for the advice you gave to my question, cheers to the lovely ladies i have had more personal and pleasurable conversations with, as well as all others!

im quitting here while im a head!

byebye :)

Cure if you are lurking, please don't be so sensitive to boors. You need the support and what you have to offer others is huge. People who make snide remarks could very well be fraudsters who are not fat. They love to intrude on website and be hurtful. There are also people out there that so dislike themselves they have to hurt others that are showing success. My attitude is to feel very very sad for them that they feel they have to buly others. So stand up to bullies and keep on posting for and to give support. Doddie

Cure, I agree with Doddie. It sure would be a drag to lose your voice here on LBT. Though it is true that the strength of this site is that it is a large one and can accomodate all sorts of personalities and interests your voice is kind of a special one for us locals. You see, you really were our local band pioneer and we appreciate being able to hear how your life is unfolding. Of course the choice of whether to stay or leave is yours to make but please do understand that one hurtful remark does not a coven of bitches make.

We'll see...

Peaches,

I speak from experience sometimes it takes longer to figure out what is happening with the band that other times. I had mine slip 4 times, my port has flipped a few times, tubing disconnect once, a total band replacement and god only knows what else. Once they figure it out it works and works well. The trick is living with it until they figure it out, I know it doesn't help or make you feel any better at all but it is the truth, every time something went wrong it involved a flight from where ever I was in the world to Toronto and usually another surgery. Dr Yau is a great surgeon stick with him, talk it out with him or his staff and they will figure it out.

I was in for a fluro on Monday but I didn't see you I must have been in and out.

Heather

Happy Valentine's Day to all TLBC bandsters!

As a single chick I received the most beautiful gift "The Perfect Man" (made of chocolate of course).

I knew there was no such thing as a perfect man :mad:

Don't eat too much chocolate!

Hi: My Valentine was not chocolate as my DH took my glare of warning about even thinking about such things. So instead, I got a peck and a Happy Valentine wish. Not bad for an ole married couple of 35 years. But the chocolate man sounds great. Doddie