Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Bandsters!

I find I am still binging. Not all the time but from time to time, I will slip and I just can’t stop eating. Or better said I am trying to binge, the band (God bless it) won’t let me. But I live with the fear that if I don’t stop my band will slip. But even that fear is not enough to make me stop….

I find I am still binging. Not all the time but from time to time, I will slip and I just can’t stop eating. Or better said I am trying to binge, the band (God bless it) won’t let me. But I live with the fear that if I don’t stop my band will slip. But even that fear is not enough to make me stop….

Well I really appreciate your honesty... The binge eating is my downfall too.

You are aright about the band , I can't do as much damage as before... but some nights I just scour the house "looking" for the ultimate "nibbly" to have.

Last night I remembered that there were 3 stale T.Horton Cookies hidden... well I went and dug those suckers out and ate em. ARGH!

My W/L has been slow and stuck... I feel that I too need boot camp... to give myself a boot in the ass.

Problem being, It is always on days that I work.

Take care

Peaches: I am taking my bootcamp by correspondence because I live in BC. Jill sends me the material then sets up a call schedule to check to see how I am doing. It is working well for me. Contact her and I am sure she will find a way to help you. Doddie

I agree with Doddie, Peaches. You should give Jill a call. I know that there are people who drop the weight like it was never there, however some of us need the extra support, and there is no shame in asking for help. I was stuck at the same weight for two months before I called TLBC. The hardest part is taking that initial help. Think of how much you have accomplished already and Celebrate. It will give you the boost you need to keep going....and remember we're all here for you and the proverbial kick in the ass.:thumbup:

I agree with Doddie, Peaches. You should give Jill a call. I know that there are people who drop the weight like it was never there, however some of us need the extra support, and there is no shame in asking for help. I was stuck at the same weight for two months before I called TLBC. The hardest part is taking that initial help. Think of how much you have accomplished already and Celebrate. It will give you the boost you need to keep going....and remember we're all here for you and the proverbial kick in the ass.:(

Hi Doddie and Andreea;

Thanks for your comments... I did email Jill re bootcamp, I'll await her news.

Didn't do to badly yest. 1500 cals in total and the scale actually MOVED slightly this a.m. 183.6 first time it's budged in a while..

Have a great day

Green here. I am home from the hospital. I had a tracheostomy because I do have a cancerous tumor on my right vocal cord. It got to the point where I couldn't breathe. The good news is that the cancer hasn't spread. The good news for my husband is that I can't talk! Right now I am waiting on the results of the biopsy. If the tumor is the type which responds to radiation this hole in my throat will not be permanent and I will be able to swim again. If not, it is gonna be snip, snip, and this hole will be mine to keep. Ugh!

Anyhow, I have been in a real lot of pain over the past couple of weeks but the hospital has been very kind with respect to the pain management thing. The hosp nosh is disgusting! and the sheets are not high thread count. I was starting to develop bed sores pretty damn quickly. The support personnel are great, however. We had a lot of laughs. Of course the world does seem funnier on morphine. I was either laughing or I was sleeping. I did spend a bit of time crying, too.

welcome back green. I was glad to hear you're back home and that you've made it through the surgery ok. My prayers are with you and I wish you good news.

Peaches - good for you for calling Jill. Don't be discouraged if it takes Jill a few days to get back to you. She had a family emergency last week and she might run a little behind on her emails

Wow, Green.

I am really sorry to hear about all that you have been going through.

Hopefully you are on the upswing though and things will get resloved for you soon.

Take care of yourself.

Andrew

Green. The ugly "C" word raises it head. Your upbeat attitude is half the battle to defeat it. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. Doddie

Thanks, everyone. Your kind wishes mean a lot to me and my husband at this time. I suspect that this is even harder on him than me at times: he gets stuck doing all the work and gets none of the morphine. And today he had the home nurse walk in on him while he was having a bath. ROFLMAO! The poor guy!

Oh forgot. The CanadianLapBanders.com is run by Nancy of the TLBC. You may want to join that as most TLBC patients subscribe along with Dr. Cobourne(sp?) patients. Doddie

Actually Doddie, Small correction, Nancy has nothing to do with Canadian Lap Banders. Kathy owns the yahoo group but she has owned it for years long before the clinic existed and it was the only form of support for bandsters. It has been around longer than lapbandtalk I think. And while Kathy owns the group she doesn't limit who joins or what is talked about. I think most days she is too busy to even read the group.

Heather

Rose we missed you at the lunch on Sunday...

H

So sorry to hear about the setback for you Green.I will be thinking about you .All the best to you and hubby.