Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’ve regained ALL the weight back 😢♀️

On 11/20/2017 at 11:44 AM, wouldntmindasandwich said:

I need your experience people because my weight is spiraling out of control and I’ve loss all hope.

2014 I had the sleeve and was tipping the scales at 136kg

2015 I got down to 97kg and I FINALLY fell pregnant.

2016 I had my son and my weight got up to 118kg and then back down to 106kg through breastfeeding. Unfortunately my milk dried up and since then I’ve continued to eat like a pregnant or breastfeeding mum!

2017 My weight had crept back up to 133kg.

I can eat a fair bit, double cheeseburger, medium fries and some of a coke. I no longer feel that restriction I once had from the surgery. My stomach never rumbles so I’m hoping I haven’t stretched it, I eat because of head hunger.

Will a pouch reset shrink my stomach? And can you please recommend anything else? I’ve even tried hypnotherapy with no success.

Thanking you all.

I got to the part where you said you're eating a double cheeseburger, fries and a coke and I think I found your problem...No offense but I think you need some tough love right now..Youre eating like complete crap and I hope you realize that..No amount of surgery is going to help you until you clean that diet plan up...

40 minutes ago, JerseyJules said:

I got to the part where you said you're eating a double cheeseburger, fries and a coke and I think I found your problem...

I also got to that part but my first thought was "Holy crap, she can eat a lot!" - and these are not your typical "slider foods". If she doesn't spread it out over an hour or longer I'd say the amount is quite a lot.

That cheeseburgers, fries and coke are not a good choice for various reasons (regardless of how fat or thin a person is), that's another story.

just curious whats wrong with eating a Protein Bar mid afternoon if there is a long time between meals?

Ya. Today for Breakfast coffee and milk ( I hate breakfast). lunch I had 1/2 a bar and bag Protein chips. After work a handful of almonds. dinner was 3 oz meat sauce over a few tablespoons of quinoa. snack after dinner was 1/2 a protein bar.
Total 43 carbs, 53 protein, 700 calories

I need Protein Bars and other protein items because I don’t always have a lunch break.
I wouldn’t call a bar and yogurt with some granola at night a problem. It could be worse!
The donuts and eating your kids’ food ya a prob. I’m a snacker. I’d rather eat 6 small Snacks than 3 meals- I can’t eat that much protein at one sitting so I get hungry quickly.

Which is why I’m asking if a pouch reset will shrink my stomach or am I too far gone? I’m fat for reason and I understand why because of my poor choices in food.< br> In the past with my weight loss journey I eventually did end up changing my eating habits due to the restriction but unfortunately when I became pregnant and was very sick until 32 weeks carbs were the only thing that would help settle my stomach, now I can’t seem to break that habit again.
At least with a restriction in place it means the less crap I can eat.

If you are not getting sleep with your baby you won’t have the energy to plan and eat healthy. When I had my babies and toddlers I always cleaned their plated by eating their leftovers. I changed that by quickly dumping all the dirty dishes in the sink ( let someone else clean then ...husband, nanny if you are lucky) and I would take kids up for bath. Bath time was my favorite time with my kids. By the time they were done and in pjs I would go clean the kitchen and their leftovers were not appealing any longer. This was with out sleeve so it might even be easier for you. Also bring healthy Snacks with you. As my kids got older and we stopped for lunch I would order a garden salad and have my own baggie of chickpeas to throw on. Kids are hard. You are a short order cook and always in the kitchen. Don’t beat yourself up! Be mindful. I have realized that the hunger is happy no matter what you feed it. So after a healthy choice you feel full. So make that choice! Good luck and congrats on your growing family.

Grazing is a difficult topic to discuss. I am over a year out and have surpassed my weight loss goal. I still have good restriction when I eat the right foods so I eat often too. I have to or I don't get enough calories for the day. I am trying to stop losing weight.

I think the difference is making good choices and tracking. I gained a couple of pounds over the holiday last week by taking a bites here and a bite there of "bad' foods and not really tracking them. Allowing yourself healthy Snacks is not the same thing as grazing.

I always wonder about people who only eat 3 times a day post weight loss surgery. And who stop eating after 20 minutes or so each time. I would be like 80 pounds now if I did that!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

Nah, not everyone loses at the same rate as u, which is probably how they can do that and not wither away, lol. Like me, for example, I'm a slow loser so my weight loss is like the little engine that could. Stall, lose, stall, stall, stall, lose...and on amd on I chug chug chug. Although, your body's way sounds better to me!! [emoji6] Although, the eating 3x a day thing doesnt work for me either, but just because I feel like Im hungry for something every 2 or so hours now. May be mental hunger, but I just grab a nib of something healthy (ie, couple 5 almonds, sugar free hard candy, etc) to plop in my belly to keep me satisfied until the next 'main' meal.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:07 AM, dreamingsmall said:

I used Phentermine before surgery I can't imagine the side effects when you have less stomach .. scary .. have you tried it post ?

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

No, but I wouldn't hesitate to if needed!

On 11/20/2017 at 3:07 PM, jenn1 said:

Nothing is wrong with eating a Protein Bar. The example above was grazing food all day. One healthy meal won't make up for the total daily calories.

I have great success with a grazing style of a diet. But its out of necessity for my body type. I work out I am VERY muscular man and if I were 0% body fat, which is impossible, I would still be 180lbs. At 10% body fat Im still at 210 and right now at 20% I am 223 to 225 and comfortable where I am at. I prefer smaller meals more often during the day. I get in about 6 to 8 meals a day to get the caloric needs for my body. I keep them small and dont like to feel really full...This diet doesnt work for some people..

There's always drama here, that's why I hardly visit anymore. There are better and more supportive communities out there.

That being said, to the OP, I highly recommend checking out Reddit's 1200IsPlenty sub. If you don't know how to do that, just Google 1200 calorie meals. I've been doing that and intermittent fasting (no food from around 11 pm to 11 am) and it is easy.

The goal is to eat healthy meals that only add up to 1200 calories for a day, though most recipes I've seen largely consist of veggies so you'll have to tailer them to have more Protein.< br>
I am 20 days from a year and have been able to keep up with no regain using this diet.

Aww are they revising your mind? Otherwise I can't see how that will help in the long run. What's stopping you from regaining after a revision.. your still the same person.. I'm confused.

I really hate to see some of the things that have been said in this thread. So, to those wondering about my Drs appointment I said question a revision. I just wanted my Drs opinion, although I enjoy talking to ppl on here. It's all opinions and personal thoughts. My DR said he has had a few stretch their pouches but not many in 20 years. Told me to go back to the basics. Protein first always then Veggies, no carbs. Carbs make you fat and keep you fat. Told me if my sleeve wasn't "working" he hated that term. That I wouldn't be up 30, I woulf be up 100. Just thought some it you would like to know. Thank You for the positive msgs. The negative nasty people, I understand why you were overweight to begin with. Slamming others equals NO self worth or Self Esteem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

4 minutes ago, FLLyssa said:

Carbs make you fat and keep you fat.

That's what your surgeon told you? Yeah, these evil bananas, apples, pears, oats and Beans make and keep people fat. Right. :rolleyes:

I absolutely hate it when people generalize these sort of things, especially when so called "pros" are doing it.

14 minutes ago, FLLyssa said:

I really hate to see some of the things that have been said in this thread. So, to those wondering about my Drs appointment I said question a revision. I just wanted my Drs opinion, although I enjoy talking to ppl on here. It's all opinions and personal thoughts. My DR said he has had a few stretch their pouches but not many in 20 years. Told me to go back to the basics. Protein first always then Veggies, no carbs. Carbs make you fat and keep you fat. Told me if my sleeve wasn't "working" he hated that term. That I wouldn't be up 30, I woulf be up 100. Just thought some it you would like to know. Thank You for the positive msgs. The negative nasty people, I understand why you were overweight to begin with. Slamming others equals NO self worth or Self Esteem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Part of the issue is accountability and the other part is identifying the issue and taking steps to address it. I'm 225 lbs and can't eat as much as you in one sitting. I think you need to address some addictive personality traits before you consider any revisions. You need to start small with making better choices when eating, and I do mean small adjustments at a time so it becomes sustainable over time. However soda and french fries should never be part of anyone's diet. You have to remember a point where it started to spiral out of control and you began to regain the weight. Go back to that point and identify what caused you to start making the bad choices you have been making when it comes to food selection. I know boredome and stress are big triggers for me. It's good you identified that your are beginning to derail now than later on down the road. Now it's time to put on your big girl pants and crack down on yourself and your daily intake. No amount of surgery is going to help you until you address the other issues making you eat badly.

Part of the issue is accountability and the other part is identifying the issue and taking steps to address it. I'm 225 lbs and can't eat as much as you in one sitting. I think you need to address some addictive personality traits before you consider any revisions. You need to start small with making better choices when eating, and I do mean small adjustments at a time so it becomes sustainable over time. However soda and french fries should never be part of anyone's diet. You have to remember a point where it started to spiral out of control and you began to regain the weight. Go back to that point and identify what caused you to start making the bad choices you have been making when it comes to food selection. I know boredome and stress are big triggers for me. It's good you identified that your are beginning to derail now than later on down the road. Now it's time to put on your big girl pants and crack down on yourself and your daily intake. No amount of surgery is going to help you until you address the other issues making you eat badly.

For me the food problems I had (which were not that significant- stress was my trigger- I just had a huge appetite and loved food- not so emotional) actually diminished significantly after the sleeve. The tool helped with control because of the restriction and the positive reward of actually losing weight. Granted I’m only 3.5 months out but I think you can get support before and after the surgery. It’s just so hard if you just are a hungry person like me to restrict yourself. I always worked out so I was alwAys hungry. At least support after surgery actually physically works as your weight is going down while your emotions are being tended to. Only you know what’s best for you! Good luck.

To the original poster. Sorry I'm not trying to hijack your original post. Some are missing the point of what grazing is.

Difference in grazing and healthy snacking.

Healthy snacking = eating six small healthy meals throughout your day. You are hitting your calorie and macronutrients goals.

Grazing = eating six or more meals that go over your calorie goal. Macronutrients out of proportion due to poor food choices. High carbs, sugar and low Protein. The goal is healthy not malnourished and gaining weight back.

Not saying the above is your situation.

Most are here with good intentions. Even if it's tough love. take what pertains and is useful from this site. Ignore the trolls.

I hope you find what works for you,

Jenn