Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long before others noticed your weight loss?

How many pounds did you loose before people started to notice? Did people seem to notice the pounds rapidly coming off? Did they question it? Your response?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using BariatricPal mobile app

It really depends on where you are starting. On lightweights a 20 lb loss may look dramatic.. on a 300+ person, they may need to lose significantly more before people notice or they even notice themself.

Edited by Nessy76

I was a low BMI obese. So I lost slowly. It took 3 months and 30 lbs down before people seemed to notice. Or before I went down one size.

So I started at 255 2 weeks before, surgery at 243, the day I came back to work after 2.5 week after surgery (could have come before, but my back made it so I couldn't walk without extreme pain so I needed a nerve blockage 10 days after surgery) at 226 and people could already tell on my face. No one knew about the surgery.

The first time anyone said something (who didn't know about surgery) was about 40 pounds/2 months for me.

And it was my boss who said "keep it up and you will be sporting a bathing suit in a magazine". Eeewwww.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I was three months out and 30 pounds when a few people noticed. Then the next two months no one said anything. Now at 50 pounds down, I'm having people comment all of the time. They tell me it's really noticeable in my face. My husband says it's my whole frame; I'm just a lot smaller of a person overall.

9 hours ago, GotProlactinoma said:

So I lost slowly. It took 3 months and 30 lbs down

I don't think losing 10 pounds a month is losing slowly. You're doing great.

1 mo/25 lb out and someone I hadn’t seen in a while did a double take and couldn’t help commenting. People are usually not that much of a blabber mouth with me at work but this gentleman just couldn’t otherwise. He doesn’t know about the surgery.

I started at 305lbs and my first comment came after losing 73lbs, 4.5 months postop.

My family, who knew, noticed right away (within the first 2 weeks 11lbs down). I didn't see it and thought they were being nice... Queue the side by side photos from my entire life...

I heard it the week I came back to work at about 9 days post-op. I was only down about 10-12 pounds but I think I had lost a lot of bloat from my face. I could already tell in my belly as well.

I lost 15lbs during the 2 week preop diet and then another 15 the first week after surgery. Several coworkers who have not seen my over the past 3 weeks noticed a difference in my face. I definitely notice a difference in my clothes! I started at 275 and am at 245 today!

People first noticed it in my face. The people around me everyday didn't notice until 45 pounds. When you don't see people for three weeks to a month. They see a drastic change as you lose weight.