Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All of the sudden I can stand protein shakes and anything dairy

I was going very well with Protein Shakes now if I try to drink them I throw up. The same thing with milk or cheese. The only thing I eat is 1 egg for Breakfast and I buy a rotisserie chicken from Walmart once a week and make chicken salad with light mayo. 3ozs of that for lunch and dinner. I don't know if I am getting enough Protein. I tried different protein shakes but the taste makes me throw up. Any suggestions?

I was going very well with Protein Shakes now if I try to drink them I throw up. The same thing with milk or cheese. The only thing I eat is 1 egg for breakfast and I buy a rotisserie chicken from Walmart once a week and make chicken salad with light mayo. 3ozs of that for lunch and dinner. I don't know if I am getting enough Protein. I tried different protein shakes but the taste makes me throw up. Any suggestions?

Same with me just the thought of protein shakes makes me want to gag! I think it's just because our body's are fed up lol

Yeah I hear you! The first 18 months post op I could never eat enough Protein to get my 60 grams of protein a day in and I was worried about losing my hair and messing up my metabolism so drank the pre-made premier ones sometimes with ice to make them bearable.

It's probably best to speak to a nutritionist asap so u can get a program to balance out your protein to ensure you're getting enough.

I actually really like the Premier shakes so I ordered three cases from costco. After reading all of the horror stories about our tastebuds changing I thought holy cow, what if I end up hating these things post op!!!! Yikes!!! Hang in there, hopefully it’ll get better for you...gotta get that Protein in!!!

Quest Protein Bars are good! I got a sample pack online and they have them at target or sprouts too.

Could you find other Protein powders? I like Inspire protein powders from bariatriceating.com.

Icannot stand the Premier Protein anymore.

I was going very well with Protein Shakes now if I try to drink them I throw up. The same thing with milk or cheese. The only thing I eat is 1 egg for breakfast and I buy a rotisserie chicken from Walmart once a week and make chicken salad with light mayo. 3ozs of that for lunch and dinner. I don't know if I am getting enough Protein. I tried different protein shakes but the taste makes me throw up. Any suggestions?

Are you drinking it cold, chill or room temperature. Protein premier are the one I use a can only do half with ice. My favorite in Carmel , strawberry with banana and chocolate.

Sent from my TG-L800S using BariatricPal mobile app

I have been able to get all my Protein from food since maybe 4-5 week (Started solids by day 4 as per my program)

We were told that each meal has to be 1 protein portion and on portion is 10g of protein. If you eat 6 times a day, you'll get 60g. I'm 6 months out, I now eat 20g pr meal, 4-5 times a day.

The key is meal prep. Figure out how to get 10g of protein into a meal. We were told that 1 egg is considered roughly 10 g. I have found a high protein yogurt that will give me 11g pr 100g. You have fish, chicken, who are fairly light to digest compared to red meat. I make creme cheese sauce with my chicken so it's not so dry, chew chew chew, and it goes down.

It is possible is you put some time and effort behind it. Also, track your protein, that is my biggest suggestion.

I'm amazed at how much you can eat!! But I know you're getting good results. I could eat only a couple of bites of Protein the first year...then so full I could barely move. Kids called my stomach my snake belly cause I'd have a nap to digest. I meal prep now but no issues eating a chicken breast or steak but took at least 18 months to get to this point.

@blondie66 I think you are referring to me, and yes, me too. Sometimes I feel I can eat too much at just 6 months out.

I was at a seminar last night with an amazing bariatric nutritionist, and she told us that bypass patients usually can eat more than sleeve patients. Not sure what you had, but I found that very interesting, since we have smaller pouches.

I've had no issues getting my Protein in since week 2 postop without Protein Shakes.

During the healing phase it was all about milk, protein kefir (40g in 16oz), yogurt, cottage cheese and homemade broth.

After I was on solids: Beans, tuna, eggs, and nuts. Every meal features protein containing food. I didn't consume food that didn't have protein until I could eat 3-4oz solid meat at a sitting. Now I can have a couple meals with low protein count (still eating 6 times a day). That's how i get in fruit and veggies.

I have a suggestion. It looks like you’re unable to tolerate dairy products as I am. My taste buds were screwed up before surgery (lol) so, any protein shakes were gross to me. BUT, I did find an alternative that is really great tasting. It’s called “Evolve” Protein Shake. I used this for my 7-day liquid diet before surgery along with aiding in my protein intake post-op. It’s Zero-dairy so it’s a plant based protein shake. You should try it! They sell it at Walmart for about $7.00 for 4 shakes.

I noticed in the online shop for this app they have tons of Protein products. Protein Shots with flavours like pink lemonade. Protein pancakes Desserts all kinds of things. I had half a shake for breakfast a few days ago and made me feel sick too. I mostly get the protein from food but I also drink protein Water I figured I have to drink litres if water may as well have protein in it

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app