Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleevers??

Hi everyone!!! [emoji4] I’m scheduled for VSG surgery December 5th!!! I’m afraid and happy but I’m definitely looking forward to getting ready to start my new life. (There is a little person inside me that’s been waiting to come out for years and I’m excited to meet her) [emoji4]

Thinking of you today! Gentle hugs for a speedy recovery!

5 hours ago, KCRN said:

December 7 anyone?

Me Me Me MEEEEEE!!! I am so excited two more full days!!! Got to be at the hospital at 7 am!!!

20 hours ago, Mary Stokley Gromer said:

Every doctor has their own protocol for pre-surgery. My surgery is the 5th - tomorrow. I had my own anxiety a few days ago but I know God has this. I think we wonder if we will ever get there cause it's been such a long journey for most of us like a rollcoaster trying to lose weight. I'm so read to get off all these meds and go for a hike and maybe even go camping again!!
Go join the Buddies Group for December under buddies and mentors. I think there's about 8 of us in there and we can all support each other. The ONE main thing that I never got with lap band surgery, I'm determined to be successful.

2 hours ago, Dodatdude said:

Hello everyone, surgery day and I'm so happy I'm shaking (literally). On my way to the hospital now. See you all soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck you guys!!!

Had surgery on yesterday and have to stay in hospital until Thursday! Yikes

14 minutes ago, jaidajacoby2 said:

Is that the norm for your doctor, or was there some kind of complication?

Is that the norm for your doctor, or was there some kind of complication?

He found a hernia and because of past surgeries my stomach is swollen and not allowing very much liquids to go down. Lot of reflux.

I’m new here... 12/14 surgery date. Super nervous and all of these shakes are making me nauseous. Any suggestions? Is there a chicken flavored shake out there so I don’t feel like I’m drinking dessert all day?

There's unflavored Protein Powder out there. I recently purchased Syntrax medical unflavored variety to add to things like chicken broth. I haven't tried it yet, but I know you have to be careful adding Protein powder to warm foods. You can denature the protein of it gets too hot. I think the instructions said nothing higher than 130 F.

There's unflavored Protein Powder out there. I recently purchased Syntrax medical unflavored variety to add to things like chicken broth. I haven't tried it yet, but I know you have to be careful adding Protein powder to warm foods. You can denature the Protein of it gets too hot. I think the instructions said nothing higher than 130 F.

I actually bought some unflavored samples for after surgery because I know how I am lol. I guess I could try some now and just purchase a thing of it if I like it. Thanks for the advice! I hadn’t thought of that for pre op.

So I got curious and tried the Syntrax unflavored with beef broth. I couldn't make it as hot as I normally like, but it's actually quite good, there weren't any clumps at all. It's a nice break from the dessert flavor shakes.

So I got curious and tried the Syntrax unflavored with beef broth. I couldn't make it as hot as I normally like, but it's actually quite good, there weren't any clumps at all. It's a nice break from the dessert flavor shakes.

Sweet thank you so much! I’m going to make that for lunch every day so I can get a break from the sweetness at work.