Hi all,

This is my first post and I started my appts with the surgeon at the end of May, Aug 25th was my 4th visit and he scheduled me for Dec 7th, pending nothing gets in the way. I am super excited and have been reading as much as possible.

• Like 7

I am scheduled for December 13th in Tiajuana with Dr. Illian. I am super excited but nervous as well. I am reading as much as I can and getting all of the food that I can't eat out of my house.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 8

Grits77,

Congrats!! I am ready for the new life style change and I know the wait is worth it!

• Like 1

I wish it was tomorrow but I have a lot going on right now. I am so ready for the change as well. Wishing you the best of luck.

• Like 2

I was originally scheduled for 12/13/17 but moved it up to 11/21/17...so ready yet so nervous.

• Like 5

OMG....Yay!!! I wish I was able to move my date. It feels like so far away! I am ready to get this done and start my new journey to the new me!

• Like 2

I’m scheduled December 19th so I’ll only have to miss one day of work. I’m nervous but I’m thankful. It’s been a long road to where I am and I cannot wait to start my new journey healthier and happier for the new year. [emoji4]

• Like 10

Congrats!

• Like 2

@gingershiloe Congrats!!! I am hating the long wait till Dec but I am hoping that it will be here soon. I am with you super excited to start the new journey to a new me!

• Like 2

How long have y’all had to wait since you first appointment. I got my primary to agree she sent the referral a few days ago so now just waiting for Bariatric center to call me and make an appointment

• Like 2

How long have y’all had to wait since you first appointment. I got my primary to agree she sent the referral a few days ago so now just waiting for Bariatric center to call me and make an appointment

I didn’t wait that long at all but I had to come up with 1500 dollars first before they would continue with it because the insurance doesn’t cover the extra cost that they require you to go through with a diet counselor and 24/7 help after the surgery for a year. So it took me about 5 more months to come up with the money.

• Like 2

I didn’t wait that long at all but I had to come up with 1500 dollars first before they would continue with it because the insurance doesn’t cover the extra cost that they require you to go through with a diet counselor and 24/7 help after the surgery for a year. So it took me about 5 more months to come up with the money.

What insurance do you have? I have share of cost through Medicaid

• Like 3

Just booked my op 2nd December nervous, excited, scared.., good luck everyone xx

• Like 7

This is my first post...i am sceduled for dec. 27th with Trinity Medical in Mexico. A bit scared but excited too!

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Kotarou Takasugi  »  Homie♥

In which Takasugi is sick and condemned to an entire week in bed, Katsura and Gintoki sneak out in the middle of the night to visit him and the three share a sleepover party 8D A little "Threesome" of Gintoki x Katsura x Takasugi. Now with omake. Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Friendship/Family - Katsura ...
      · 3 replies
      1. Homie♥

A summer's day party between three bros goes awry when one of em gets a little close to another in the hot tub! In this tale of murder, lust, and intrigue, Gintoki will learn what it means to truly find love-- even if it's with your best guy friend. Rated: T - English - M/M

2. Kotarou Takasugi

9 - You'll want Chapter 5. Spencer walks in on Carly, short beginning. STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT BETWEEN FAMILY MEMBERS. In other words, incest. This story is over, but there is a sequel titled "Yet Another iNcest". Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Family - [Carly S., Spencer S.] - Chapters: 6 ...

3. Homie♥

- I never expected to return to the iCarly-verse but, I fell in love with it during iKilled Freddy. Please read and review. I hope you enjoy. A/N: This story starts with a quick Yaoi bit. If you'd prefer to skip right to the incest portion, then you may hit F3 on your keyboard, and search for my next use of the word "Sister.

• Kotarou Takasugi

glad we lost 84 pounds today
      · 2 replies
      1. Homie♥

omg SKINNY legends only

2. Kotarou Takasugi

Thank You.

• Homie♥  »  Kotarou Takasugi

hellor,
      · 2 replies
      1. Kotarou Takasugi

my neck, my back

2. Homie♥

"You won't win, you can't defeat me," Hitler sputtered.

"You're wrong..." Gintoki laughed. "Because I have friendship."

• bookworm1983

Had my gastric sleeve surgury on 12/28. I have lost about 15 pounds since surgery but have hit a stall. It is soooo frustrating! Any advice is greatly appreciated
      · 2 replies
      1. MowryRocks

Just be patient. It sounds like a pat answer, but it is literally the only thing you can do to crush the dreaded 3 week stall!

2. MissSimpson

We have the same surgery day and the same problem. I’ve lost about 20, then stopped. I’m hardly eating anything, logging everything, getting my water and proteins. I don’t know what’s wrong. It’s so frustrating.

• Little Green

I'm doing so well on the new plant-based way of eating! It's been 1 month since my final diet visit, where I found out I had gained about four pounds since my previous visit in November. That meant I had only lost 3 pounds overall from March-December 2017. Ugh, sad trombone. However, in the last 3 weeks of eating a plant-based diet I've lost 13 pounds from my December visit weight! And that includes Christmas and a vacation! So definitely not a "perfect" month by any means. I'm really hoping this way of eating will support my goal of reaching and maintaining 100% of excess weight lost. 
      · 1 reply
      1. karen_marie

Hey whatever works! I've had a few friends go plant-based and drop a lot of weight naturally.

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. 5 Fail-Proof Steps to Lose Weight in the New Year

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    2. How to Tell Your Loved Ones about Weight Loss Surgery

Posted in: Pre-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. It’s NOT a DIET!

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Connie Stapleton, PhD
    4. How to REALLY make a change in 2018