Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been very fortunate to have a completely complication free surgery and recovery. I am 4 weeks post. I was doing well for three weeks progressing through the stages of my diet. I just started on soft. I am not nauseated but I am now completely put off by the thought of food. I am not hungry at all to the point that I am getting weak from not eating. I am keeping up with my Water intake. I cannot drink shakes anymore because I had enough of them beginning preop to post op. If I see one more shake I will scream. While I am happy and grateful that I am not hungry, I just wish I could find some Protein rich soft food that I can eat enough to have some energy. Does anybody have ideas or is it just a phase that will pass?

I have been very fortunate to have a completely complication free surgery and recovery. I am 4 weeks post. I was doing well for three weeks progressing through the stages of my diet. I just started on soft. I am not nauseated but I am now completely put off by the thought of food. I am not hungry at all to the point that I am getting weak from not eating. I am keeping up with my Water intake. I cannot drink shakes anymore because I had enough of them beginning preop to post op. If I see one more shake I will scream. While I am happy and grateful that I am not hungry, I just wish I could find some Protein rich soft food that I can eat enough to have some energy. Does anybody have ideas or is it just a phase that will pass?

Hi. Shakes are not the only option. I use syntrex ice tea protein. I love making cold drinks.

I skipped the soft food stage as I was skipping meals because soft food was gross so when I saw my surgeon at 5 weeks he told me to just go on to normal food.

What have you tried. Mashed up chicken and mayo isn't so bad. I can never have tuna mayo again in my life lol I craved it so much I had a lot of it in puree stage.

It will get easier. Keep trying.

Sent from my Swift 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Protein foods..

Cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, milk, kefir, tofu, Beans, lentils, nuts, peanuts, seeds, eggs, meat, fish, seafood. Oats have 5g per serving.

Some of these aren't soft.. nuts and meat especially.

You could make a smoothie with yogurt or cottage cheese or milk and Peanut Butter and banana.

Hey! We are in the same boat. I am 3.5 weeks out and can barely stomach food. It's really catching up with me too bc I'm running around after two 8 year old twin boys, driving all over town, and my energy had plummeted. I was doing fine until this week. I cannot seem to get my protein in or all my water. Yesterday I was so fatigued and weak that someone asked me if i was ok to drive home! One trick that has worked, though it takes me forever to get though a mug, is that bariatric hot chocolate that has 15 grams of protein. I mix it with 8 ounces of milk bc cup of milk has 10 grams of protein so 25 grams in a mug. The taste is pretty good, it's just kind of rich and takes me about 1-2 hours to get through. As I write this though, not having eaten anything yet, the thought isn't appealing. (Who ever thought I would not want food??!!!) my biggest concern is losing my hair if I can't get my protein up-omg trading in one insecurity for another!!!! Last night we went to Thai food and I ordered Soup made with coconut milk to up my calories and added soft tofu. I got a little down. I'm right there with you! I have even thought about puréeing a Protein Bar into my shakes. You should see my front room-Amazon delivered powdered Peanut Butter (PB2), bars and shakes. It looks like a protein store and I want none of it. Holding your hand from California! I'm here with ya!

5'7 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 235 At 2 week post op GW: 150
Fantasy GW: 135 Sleeved 8/7

One thing that really helped me last weekend was going to a high end, gourmet market that has really nice pre made Soups and foods. I picked out a nice Soup that was pretty rich in Protein and took it home and puréed it. Not prepping it myself helped some reason. Their roasted chicken also appealed to me so I may grab some and make a chicken salad with it. Walk through the pre made food area of a nice market and see if that stimulates you. The soup I got was heavenly. Ironically I have a pot of puréed homemade chili that I used grassfed organic beef, Beans and tons of yummy veggies all made with a Bone Broth base and I don't want it at all. No interest! :( I am going to head to the gourmet market again and see what they have in their case and hot food and see if that'll help again.

Scrambled eggs were literally the only thing I could get down during my pureed food stage. I ate them 2-3 times a day. And then I got sick of scrambled eggs and had a cry about it.

You'll get over it, though. Remember this is just for now. As you finish healing, some hunger/desire for food will come back. But not too much... (;

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I will definitely take them on board. I never thought I would ever say, "I am not hungry " in this lifetime.

Well, it'll be 4 weeks for me on Monday, and I officially cannot eat. Tried a soft scrambled egg, got through two bites. Tried a super soft, ripe avocado, cldnt even get two teaspoons down. Even made the ricotta bake, nope. Just turning me off. I need to drink more Water but it has to be super cold or I get nauseated. I'm terrified weight loss will stall bc of this. I've read how getting calories up to close to 1000 and staying hydrated is key but I just can't. Protein Shakes cooling in the fridge so my goal is two today. I guess I'll just keep drinking my bariatric hot chocolate made with milk, despite it being over 100 degrees here today and my Protein waters. I want to get my nutrients from whole, real foods but I just can't. Never thought I'd complain about not being able to eat but am terrified of my hair falling out bc of poor nutrition. ☹️[emoji20]

I hear you Alli589. It's the feeling of being completely turned off from food. I am happy I am not hungry but I just want to eat to have energy and avoid stalls like you rightly said.

I was just able to eat a small bowl of super cold watermelon. I literally macerate it in my mouth till it's liquid. Unfortunately there isn't any Protein in it and it's super filling but it felt so good to get natural Vitamins as well as being refreshing. Having a shake too, well trying to. Again, who ever though that I'd be trying to get UP to 1000 calories!??!!! Two months ago, before preop started, I could knock 1000 out in one sitting

I feel ya...currently in the soft foods/purrees stage. One thing my NUT suggested was to use Melba toast with the Protein (cottage cheese, hummus, thin sliced deli meat.) the toasts basically dissolve into mush as you chew them. It has really helped me get my protein in w/whole food. I know ppl get all anti-carb crazy, but at this point I'm more worried about my hair/muscles, not an extra lb or 2.