Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

I was sleeved on July 25th. I have been tolerating this surgery fairly well. A couple days of bad gas pains and at first it was tough to drink my fluids but now I can do 4 to 6 ounces or more in an hour. I was really worried about getting dehydrated. I am assuming the pressure that I feel in my chest it's from drinking so much. With a little heartburn. Everything is healing up just fine. Glad to read of everybody else's stories from July as to what to expect in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

Sleeved on July 24th. Starting to feel better, the first few days were rough for me, but still having some issues with feeling very full and bloated. Still have some pain in my lower right side mostly when trying to get second Protein Shake down and later in the day. Sometimes walking helps.

Energy level seems to have dropped a bit today (post 7 days). Hoping that will pass as well when i can rest fully at night. Just can't get comfortable beyond 3-4 hours. Dealing with some Constipation as well. Ready to really start feeling better!

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. It is great to know that others are having similar experiences and that there is light just around the corner! This too shall pass is my motto!

I was sleeved July 14. Feeling great. I'm able to eat pureed foods and drink most anything Protein Shakes, yogurt. I am getting around 60-80 grams or Protein a day and around 500-700 calories. I started at 279 when I started two week prop diet and my weight was 273 on my surgery date and this morning my weight was 247. Crazy to lose 32 pounds in a few weeks.

Wow that is huge progress!! 26 pounds post op is a lot! My dates and weights are similar but I'm only down 16 post op so far and I think I've just hit the 3 week stall....

It's so hard to eat "protein first" in this purée stage when there are hardly any protein options at this point. My carb grams each day are higher than I want them to be in the long run (50-60gs) but there just isn't much protein to eat besides the shakes. I still drink two shakes a day but really want to chew for the rest of my intake. Anyway, I hope I'm not stalling myself but having too many carbs. Keeping my daily calories under 700, usually closer to 500.

It's all a head game isn't it!!!!

Had surgery on July 11 and I was on Clear Liquids for about a week. My surgeon a weeks later advised me to stay on full liquids for an additional two weeks since the upper GI I had after surgery showed some fairly severe swelling. I can tell you I am mentally so done with liquids. The thought of broth makes me sick. I'm so looking forward to transitioning to purees this week. I have another dr appointment on August 9th at which time I'm hoping he clears me to eat some solids. As for health issues, nothing major with exception of some Constipation recently.

As of today I'm down 30 lbs since surgery but I'm seeing day to day stalls since I'm for sure retaining Water at this point.

I was just sleeved Friday (7/28). I am having a rough go of it so far. Thankfully after 2 days of heavy nausea it seems to have subsided a bit and I am starting to hold down Water and my Protein Shake. I feel week, keep getting nose bleeds, have a bad headache and my BP is out of wack. I am thankful the incisions and surgery pain are very mild. I seem to feel better when I get up and walk a bit but I really don't have all that much stamina. Hoping to turn the corner in the next few days.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough patch. I was sleeved on the same date as you. I had terrible nausea too the first 2 days. Yesterday and today it seems to have resolved. Hope the BP and nosebleeds have been checked by the doctor. I sure do hope you settle soon.

Sleeved on the 26th. I'm feeling fine. On a liquid diet. Getting in most of my Protein and Water I felt hunger today and that bothered me. Amy of the rest of you actually feel hunger?

Sent from my LGLS992 using BariatricPal mobile app

27 minutes ago, anigerm41 said:

Sleeved on the 26th. I'm feeling fine. On a liquid diet. Getting in most of my Protein and Water I felt hunger today and that bothered me. Amy of the rest of you actually feel hunger?

head hunger or actual hunger? If it's actual hunger, something with Protein in it, Protein Drink does the trick. Or I have some broth/soup. If it's head hunger, well, that's just your mind screwing with you.

I think it's actual because my stomach rumbles and I feel a little twinge. I am hoping my Protein a bit. Hoping that helps!

2 minutes ago, Half-Tum said:

head hunger or actual hunger? If it's actual hunger, something with Protein in it, Protein Drink does the trick. Or I have some broth/soup. If it's head hunger, well, that's just your mind screwing with you.

But that's what's so confusing! Because can't it be actual hunger when we're eating less than 500 calories, even if we just hit 60gs of Protein for the day?? Really hard to tell.

I had my surgery on the 17th. I'm down 20 pounds today...clothes are definitely fitting better, but I still wear the same size. I am on pureed foods. I'm feeling good, post surgery pain is gone, incisions are healed. I experienced a stall a few days ago for 3 days...but was able to keep my head in the game. I'm determined to have success with this. When did you all start to exercise regularly and what did you start to do? Walking only? I still tire easily and don't feel great when I overdo it. Thankful for this forum and for all of you!

I had surgery on 7/14. I'm in my 3rd week post op - 17 days ago.

Hospital stay was a little rough, nauseous and dry heaving (they said it was more due to the anesthesia then anything else).

Next morning doing an x-ray to make sure I was good...I cried and threw up the contrast they made me drink...roughest part for me for sure!

Each day gets better and easier

Pain is pretty much gone...I am experiencing like a pulling sensation in certain positions. Can sleep on my stomach and side now which is freaking awesome, but still a little sensitive on the tummy when sleeping (pulling sensation a little).

Incisions are looking pretttttyyy good, teeny tiny...not mad...not mad at all lol. I just want these ugly stretch marks on my belly to fade.

I started at 228lbs...a day before surgery I had to drink 2 bottles of magnesium citrate (DISGUSTING lol) and do an enema (ummmmm I almost backed out of surgery lol jk) I lost 7 lbs that night and weighed in day of surgery at 221. Today I am 206 lbs.

My doctor has his patients be on a liquid diet for a whole month after surgery so that's where I"m at. He said don't worry about Protein as much as just staying hydrated.

I drink about 40-50oz a day. It's kind of hard to get as much in now that I'm back to work.

Protein Shake in the morning, and then Water, diet snapple and Vitamin water 0 are my go to's. I also have been drinking broth and occassionally have a few spoons of a Soup.

Honestly, some days I have a little regret because I miss food so much and I get sad not being able to eat with my family or watch them eat all this amazing food. But my boyfriend reminds me that I'm strong as hell for doing this because not everyone has the courage to.

I need to drink a little more and walk more but overall happy with my weight loss so far even though I stalled last week. I've been stuck at 206 for like 4-5 days now.

Can't wait to eat food though. Healthy choices but foooood :( lol

k that was a lot sorry for the essay! Hope you're all doing fantastic in your recovery and the beginning of your journey!

Congrats! I had surgery on the 13th however have only lost 10 ibs I'm getting around 60g of Protein, 400 cal that includes my Protein Shakes and less than 20g of carbs. I walk daily but my goal is just to walk further than I did the day before I'm still not at a mile yet. Planning to do weights but right now I'm just trying to get my endurance back.

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on 7/3 and everyday I feel better and stronger! I am curious to know if anyone else while on liquids noticed smells are more smelly? I know it is a silly question but I swear for the 10 days before surgery and a few after I had super sniffing abilities! Thankfully it seems to have subsided some now that I can eat solids again. Just curious. Good luck to everyone on their journey!!! :)

1 hour ago, sleevedshereen said:

I had surgery on 7/14. I'm in my 3rd week post op - 17 days ago.

Hospital stay was a little rough, nauseous and dry heaving (they said it was more due to the anesthesia then anything else).

Next morning doing an x-ray to make sure I was good...I cried and threw up the contrast they made me drink...roughest part for me for sure!

Each day gets better and easier

Pain is pretty much gone...I am experiencing like a pulling sensation in certain positions. Can sleep on my stomach and side now which is freaking awesome, but still a little sensitive on the tummy when sleeping (pulling sensation a little).

Incisions are looking pretttttyyy good, teeny tiny...not mad...not mad at all lol. I just want these ugly stretch marks on my belly to fade.

I started at 228lbs...a day before surgery I had to drink 2 bottles of magnesium citrate (DISGUSTING lol) and do an enema (ummmmm I almost backed out of surgery lol jk) I lost 7 lbs that night and weighed in day of surgery at 221. Today I am 206 lbs.

My doctor has his patients be on a liquid diet for a whole month after surgery so that's where I"m at. He said don't worry about Protein as much as just staying hydrated.

I drink about 40-50oz a day. It's kind of hard to get as much in now that I'm back to work.

Protein Shake in the morning, and then Water, diet snapple and Vitamin Water 0 are my go to's. I also have been drinking broth and occassionally have a few spoons of a Soup.

Honestly, some days I have a little regret because I miss food so much and I get sad not being able to eat with my family or watch them eat all this amazing food. But my boyfriend reminds me that I'm strong as hell for doing this because not everyone has the courage to.

I need to drink a little more and walk more but overall happy with my weight loss so far even though I stalled last week. I've been stuck at 206 for like 4-5 days now.

Can't wait to eat food though. Healthy choices but foooood :( lol

k that was a lot sorry for the essay! Hope you're all doing fantastic in your recovery and the beginning of your journey!

Very very similar to me. Hang in there. We can do this!

I was sleeved on the 19th. Never had much pain or nausea other than the first Days of shoulder gas pains which walking got rid of. Had trouble getting fluids in, then got better at getting the Protein in.

Ive been weak but was feeling stronger yesterday... then last night my five year old got the stomach virus. I've been up caring for her all night and day and she can't keep even one sip of Water or Gatorade in. So afraid I will catch it or others will. I'm alone in charge of too many people. Today I have had almost no fluids or Proteins. This too shall pass soon I hope.