Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

Surgery was7/24

Sent from my SM-S820L using BariatricPal mobile app

Anyone have their 3 week stall earlier? I was sleeved 7/28 and the second week post op lost only .1 lbs... I've been getting in close to 10,000 steps a day and meeting my Protein and Water goals...still eating puréed food and getting frustrated

Right???!!! I thought the three week stall was a myth. The Lochness monster of the WLS world, if you will. Then BAM! Three week stall, right on schedule.

Me too! Sleeved on 7/21, had the 3 week stall!

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram: K_aane_VSG

On 7/30/2017 at 7:07 PM, Redo2017 said:

I was sleeved July 10. Feeling great, but I'm in the dreaded 3 week stall. I haven't lost an ounce in a week. I'm trying not to let it get me down because a lot of people experience this. *I will not complain. *I will not complain. *I will not complain.

I’m in a stall already now. I’m only 4 weeks out and been fluctuating 2 lbs. for the last week ½. I’ve heard about stalls but never this early on. But my body is still shrinking. I can tell by my clothes, so that is what I’m going by. I’m also going to start doing the measuring thing, and compare that instead of the scale. I think that scale is an evil thing. :71_smiling_imp: Yes I do- lol

I know this is an little older post and was wondering if you’re out of your stall and how you’re doing?

My surgery is coming up, August 30th, but one thing I have learned from a lot of people on here is to Celebrate the NSVs (Non-Scale Victories). I am filled with excitement and nerves, but you all seem to be doing pretty well. Thanks for sharing your experiences!!!

My surgery was 07/17/2017 and I'm at the stall. Been for about a week or so, since I started stage 2. Surgery was easy. Minimal pain... More issues with the pain meds. I"m allergic to Morphine so they gave me Dilaudid. Nope - same reaction- So the itching and burning was worse than the surgery. So I quit pain meds on Second day of four day stay. I did take two weeks off, but really think I only needed one.

I do still have some incision pain still. The largest of the 10. I couldn't believe I had 10 marked. Asked Doc about them and he accounted for each one, but I was still surprised... plus the drain. ugh

My only bad is I started puree a week earlier than the plan stated - I know bad bad bad. Our plan does four week pre-op, then two week clear post - op, then two week full liquids which only added Protein Shakes to the clear, nothing else. I was so nauseated on the shakes I moved to pureed - one meal at a time till now I can do all three meals pureed. The shakes started tasting like rotten eggs smell. I just can't do them anymore. Blah - plus I bought some stuff from the store on here. The Soups are amazing. Bought oatmeal but haven't tried it yet.

I never got my Day of Surgery weight. They weighed me, but it was in Kilograms and of course I couldn't remember what it was after the surgery. I'm down from my highest of 315 to 270. I'm already feeling better. I can move so much more. And I don't really feel hunger or craving of any sort. So crazy.

Just gotta be patient about this Stall. Patience... Patience.... Patience... :blink:

GrInS,

Later Gaters - :251_crocodile:

I don't know if I've had a stall or if I'm in one right now. I don't get on the scale all that often. I try to stay off of it as much as possible. My surgery was 7-18. I was 303 at the very start of my journey. Weight the day of surgery was 279 and right now I'm at 255. Happy would be the understatement of the year!!!

My biggest concern is that I'm able to eat 8 ounces at every meal, 3 a day. I'm afraid that at some point it'll go up and I'll stretch out my pouch.

Anyone else eating this much at this point after their surgery? To me it seems as if everyone eats a few mouthfuls at each meal and they're stuffed. Am I worrying about nothing? I could use some reassurance here. LOL

Thanks,

Joe

Surgery was 7/24
I ate some solid food today. It went ok. Chewed it REALLY well. I try to count 30 Chomps before swallowing. HTH

Stalled for a few days now.

I think after looking at my food tracking, my stall is due to lack of Water consumption. I get lot's of Protein, but not nearly enough water. I feel fine, but drinking enough liquids is so hard. I can't just swallow as fast I used to and I need to learn to just drink slowly.

On 7/30/2017 at 0:38 PM, dreamingsmall said:

I know we are still in July.

Mine was 4th July feels like so long ago haha, wondered how everyone is doing?

07-13-2017 Doing so much better!! Last week I was able to eat a bit better.. before that I couldn't really eat anything aside from broth or soup.. I'm down 33 lbs and that makes me happy! My Water intake is better too! How about you?

On 8/14/2017 at 7:14 AM, mytime4me said:

Anyone have their 3 week stall earlier? I was sleeved 7/28 and the second week post op lost only .1 lbs... I've been getting in close to 10,000 steps a day and meeting my Protein and Water goals...still eating puréed food and getting frustrated

Remember your 15th days starts your 3rd week.. your 21st day is the end of your 3rd week.. hang in there, it'll pass! :780_sparkling_heart:

On 8/14/2017 at 10:05 AM, mama3beartn said:

I’m in a stall already now. I’m only 4 weeks out and been fluctuating 2 lbs. for the last week ½. I’ve heard about stalls but never this early on. But my body is still shrinking. I can tell by my clothes, so that is what I’m going by. I’m also going to start doing the measuring thing, and compare that instead of the scale. I think that scale is an evil thing. :71_smiling_imp: Yes I do- lol

I know this is an little older post and was wondering if you’re out of your stall and how you’re doing?

Remember to take measurements often.. stalls are just your body reshuffling.. you are still shrinking :)

11 hours ago, HollyHill said:

I think after looking at my food tracking, my stall is due to lack of Water consumption. I get lot's of Protein, but not nearly enough Water. I feel fine, but drinking enough liquids is so hard. I can't just swallow as fast I used to and I need to learn to just drink slowly.

I'm in the same boat.. especially now that I've added food into my day.. If I drink a Protein Shake, or eat anything I can't drink for HOURS.. I just stay too full, and it'll come back up. I drank a half a Protein shake for Breakfast yesterday, and by 2:00 I could finally drink water. Somedays I just focus on water. Food will have to come later..

I'm in the same boat.. especially now that I've added food into my day.. If I drink a Protein Shake, or eat anything I can't drink for HOURS.. I just stay too full, and it'll come back up. I drank a half a Protein shake for breakfast yesterday, and by 2:00 I could finally drink Water. Somedays I just focus on water. Food will have to come later..

In that case split your intake into 4 sections. Before breakfast have one part of your water intake. Breakfasts. Break. Second part lunch. Break third part. dinner. Last part over the evening.

I struggle with water so much and if I don't focus on it I end up hardly drinking anything!

Sent from my Swift 2 using BariatricPal mobile app