Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

I know we are still in July.

Mine was 4th July feels like so long ago haha, wondered how everyone is doing?

Mine was just Monday.

I'm still on the post op Clear Liquids. The pain of my incisions is the only "pain" I have and that is ALMOST gone.

Glad to be past that part.

Since I started the PRE op liquid diet and now am on the post op clear liquid diet, I am really friggin tired of it and I want to chew something so badly.

I'm just doing what the doc ordered.

I'm not officially recording anything, but I've lost 26lbs or so since the 14th of this month.

I had my sleeve done on July 25. Still some gas pains and incision pain but feeling better each day. Other than feeling really tired I have lost 17lbs my first 5 days. Very happy with my progress.

I was sleeved 7/17. I'm doing well besides nerve pain in my thighs. I'm waiting to have a MRI done. My x-rays all came back normal. Apparently, I had a nerve pinched during surgery. I am having a hard time getting all my Protein in. That's mainly because of the taste. I've lost 27lbs so far!

Mine was last Tues. 25 july. My incisions still feeling a bit sore when i move around but it gets better by the day.
My main issue is drinking my fluids and takes me a couple of hours just to finish my 10oz Protein milk..i am feeling a bit of dehydrated and hope to take in more liquids as time goes by.

VSG on 25 July 2017

I was sleeved July 10. Feeling great, but I'm in the dreaded 3 week stall. I haven't lost an ounce in a week. I'm trying not to let it get me down because a lot of people experience this. *I will not complain. *I will not complain. *I will not complain.

I had my sleeve done July 25, and so far it's been smooth sailing. Tolerable pain, no nausea, and I've been able to tolerate both Clear Liquids and full liquids just fine.

The annoying thing is that I came home from the hospital 10 pounds heavier than the day of surgery, and I'm still losing that excess weight. Technically, I'm still three pounds up from the day of surgery. I assume it's Water weight from the IV's. It is slowly going away, which is something. I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it,

I know we are still in July.

Mine was 4th July feels like so long ago haha, wondered how everyone is doing?

I was sleeved the 3rd. How much food are you getting in? I just got over the 3rd week stall. The dermabond on My incisions are almost all the way gone. I honestly feel great, for the most part. My doctor told me to stay out of the heat because I will dehydrate quickly and it is so hot here. So I've tried my exercise bike, but the large incision hurts when I do that. So hopefully that will heal up soon. There is a very large knot there, where they move my inside out of the way and it feels horrible to put pressure on. I am able to sleep on my stomach again and it is the best. I get down food pretty good. Not so much the shakes though. So I try to get in one a day, with a scoop of GENEPRO and benefiber mixed in.
My diet that the nutritionist gave me said that I should be getting in 3 meals, two Snacks. And the meals should be like 2-4 tbsp. Sometimes it is easy to get in those 4 tbsp. Depending on what I eat. For example, I just ate some tofu and it was super easy to get down. Other times, 2 tbsp of tuna is hard. And a boiled egg is tough too. It feels like the egg just stays in my throat.

I was just sleeved Friday (7/28). I am having a rough go of it so far. Thankfully after 2 days of heavy nausea it seems to have subsided a bit and I am starting to hold down Water and my Protein Shake. I feel week, keep getting nose bleeds, have a bad headache and my BP is out of wack. I am thankful the incisions and surgery pain are very mild. I seem to feel better when I get up and walk a bit but I really don't have all that much stamina. Hoping to turn the corner in the next few days.

3 hours ago, mytime4me said:

I was just sleeved Friday (7/28). I am having a rough go of it so far. Thankfully after 2 days of heavy nausea it seems to have subsided a bit and I am starting to hold down Water and my Protein shake. I feel week, keep getting nose bleeds, have a bad headache and my BP is out of wack. I am thankful the incisions and surgery pain are very mild. I seem to feel better when I get up and walk a bit but I really don't have all that much stamina. Hoping to turn the corner in the next few days.

Just letting you know, as I was sleeved just four days before you, YES. It'll subside. It has for me. You sound just like I did.

Today I feel like a million bucks. Really really good.

Edited by Half-Tum

47 minutes ago, Half-Tum said:

Today I feel like a million bucks. Really really good.

Thank you @Half-Tum:)

That makes me feel so much better. I know we just had major surgery and I didn't expect it to be a walk in the park...the dry heaves and nausea seem to be the icing on my "cake" today. I am glad to hear you are feeling so much better and am hopefully to tell you in a few days I am right there with you :) Keep up the good fight!

Sleeved July 10th. You know i feel fine and my incisions are healing perfectly. My hardest issue is feeling hungry and needing to eat something. I have gotten so bored of the puree stage and started to eat soft foods early, which i know i am not supposed to do. I just have to bare with this a little longer and let myself heal inside. I also have a lot of issues with the 2 oz i eat seeming to just sit in my esophagus. I don't throw it back up but it takes it longer to go down. I will try smaller portions to see if that helps. Maybe i am eating closer to 3 oz and i just don't realize it when i measured it out. I am 22 pounds down and really excited for the future.

I had my sleeve done July 25, and so far it's been smooth sailing. Tolerable pain, no nausea, and I've been able to tolerate both clear liquids and full liquids just fine.
The annoying thing is that I came home from the hospital 10 pounds heavier than the day of surgery, and I'm still losing that excess weight. Technically, I'm still three pounds up from the day of surgery. I assume it's Water weight from the IV's. It is slowly going away, which is something. I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it,

In one of the books I've been reading to prepare for surgery, they talk about not weighing yourself for the first couple of weeks after surgery because of the water weight gain that can happen during surgery/hospital with the IVs. And weighing yourself can end up being disappointing and discouraging because of it. So, be patient, it will resolve. [emoji178]

Just now, Naturelover said:

In one of the books I've been reading to prepare for surgery, they talk about not weighing yourself for the first couple of weeks after surgery because of the Water weight gain that can happen during surgery/hospital with the IVs. And weighing yourself can end up being disappointing and discouraging because of it. So, be patient, it will resolve.

Yes, my doctor told me any weight prior to your 6 weeks is just bonus weight. You really do not start the weight loss till after your 6 week mark when your body has fully healed and adjusted. He said you should lose a steady 10 pounds a month (give or take) after that mark.

I was sleeved July 14. Feeling great. I'm able to eat pureed foods and drink most anything Protein Shakes, yogurt. I am getting around 60-80 grams or Protein a day and around 500-700 calories. I started at 279 when I started two week prop diet and my weight was 273 on my surgery date and this morning my weight was 247. Crazy to lose 32 pounds in a few weeks.