Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

Mine was the 18. I'm MISERABLE. I'm eating 8oz of food per meal and I'm starving all day long. Down 40 pounds from the start of this whole ordeal but let's face it, the weight came off because I starved myself for 4 weeks. So not a happy camper right now and second guessing even doing the surgery. What's the point if I have to go the rest of my life starving and feeling like this. I have the same starving feeling after I eat that I had before I eat!!

I was sleeved the 28th. Have lost 12lbs. Luckily no vomit. I am just drained. Protein Shakes are 2x a day all I do is drink, drink, drink and I am so ready for flavor or feel full. I

5 hours ago, johock said:

Mine was the 18. I'm MISERABLE. I'm eating 8oz of food per meal and I'm starving all day long. Down 40 pounds from the start of this whole ordeal but let's face it, the weight came off because I starved myself for 4 weeks. So not a happy camper right now and second guessing even doing the surgery. What's the point if I have to go the rest of my life starving and feeling like this. I have the same starving feeling after I eat that I had before I eat!!

How are you eating 8 ounces of food two weeks after surgery? That should be more like 2 .

How are you eating 8 ounces of food two weeks after surgery? That should be more like 2 .

I spoke to my nutritionist the other day and told her I was eating 4 ounces and still very hungry. She told me I could eat anywhere from 4-8 ounces. I bumped it up to 8 and still haven't felt full after a meal.

Should increase my meals throughout the day? I'm eating. Only Breakfast lunch and dinner and 2 Protein Shakes for the day. Could this be the problem of why I'm eating a lot at each meal and still feeling hungry?

Should increase my meals throughout the day? I'm eating. Only breakfast lunch and dinner and 2 Protein Shakes for the day. Could this be the problem of why I'm eating a lot at each meal and still feeling hungry?

How much Protein are you getting in per day? How much Water? This may be over-simplified, but what's so bad about feeling hunger? Is it head hunger or actual hunger? Do you have to eat just because you feel hunger?

Hey, johock, are you drinking anything with your meals? liquids can speed the exit of food from your stomach and make you feel hungry faster.

1 hour ago, G33kg1rl said:

Hey, johock, are you drinking anything with your meals? liquids can speed the exit of food from your stomach and make you feel hungry faster.

Hi. No nothing to drink 30 minutes before I eat. And nothing to drink until an hour after I eat. I slowed the fork down drastically today, 30 seconds between bites timed with my phone. LOL

It helped a LOT. Still feeling a little hungry after eating but not starving like I was yesterday.

10 hours ago, Redo2017 said:

How much Protein are you getting in per day? How much Water? This may be over-simplified, but what's so bad about feeling hunger? Is it head hunger or actual hunger? Do you have to eat just because you feel hunger?

Actually, not enough. The muscle milk says 32g of Protein per serving but that's only if you use 2 scoops, I didn't know that until I double checked. I am doing only 1. So today I'm going to have 4 Protein Shakes to make sure I get enough.

As for Water, I drink a minimum of 4 16 oz bottles but try to drink even more than that if I can.

Edited by johock

Actually, not enough. The muscle milk says 32g of Protein per serving but that's only if you use 2 scoops, I didn't know that until I double checked. I am doing only 1. So today I'm going to have 4 Protein Shakes to make sure I get enough.
As for Water, I drink a minimum of 4 16 oz bottles but try to drink even more than that if I can.

I had a spell of constant hunger around 2 weeks. I upped my protein and focused on getting most of that protein from puréed protein (cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, meats). Once I made that adjustment the hunger subsided. If you are getting most of your protein from shakes it could be that it's passing through your sleeve very quickly and leaving you feeling hungry. If it fits in your plan, try reducing shakes and getting the bulk of your protein from real food. It definitely helped me. Best of luck!

9 minutes ago, Redo2017 said:

I had a spell of constant hunger around 2 weeks. I upped my Protein and focused on getting most of that protein from puréed protein (cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, meats). Once I made that adjustment the hunger subsided. If you are getting most of your protein from shakes it could be that it's passing through your sleeve very quickly and leaving you feeling hungry. If it fits in your plan, try reducing shakes and getting the bulk of your protein from real food. It definitely helped me. Best of luck!

Thank you for that advice!!! I am definitely getting the bulk of my protein via shakes.

I'm having a hard finding puréed foods to eat to get more protein. This morning I had 4 scrambled egg whites. An hour later I had a Protein Shake. About an hour later I had a fat free Jello, but that only had 1 gram of protein. For lunch I had about 4 ounces of chicken salad.

Got any suggestions of how I can get more protein from foods? Not sure if I like cottage cheese. Never tried it. LOL

Edited by johock

5 minutes ago, johock said:

Thank you for that advice!!! I am definitely getting the bulk of my Protein via shakes.

I'm having a hard finding puréed foods to eat to get more protein. This morning I had 4 scrambled egg whites. An hour later I had a Protein Shake. About an hour later I had a fat free Jello, but that only had 1 gram of protein. For lunch I had about 4 ounces of chicken salad.

Got any suggestions of how I can get more protein from foods? Not sure if I like cottage cheese. Never tried it. LOL

Maybe try refried Beans with a little bit sprinkled cheese. I know it's on the higher fat side but I mash a 1\2 a small banana with a tbls no sugar organic Peanut Butter and some cinnamon for breakfast. Haven't tried tofu yet but that's a good protien. pureed pinto our black beans. It's a little tricky right now but this too shall pass.

Maybe try refried Beans with a little bit sprinkled cheese. I know it's on the higher fat side but I mash a 1\2 a small banana with a tbls no sugar organic Peanut Butter and some cinnamon for breakfast. Haven't tried tofu yet but that's a good protien. pureed pinto our black beans. It's a little tricky right now but this too shall pass.

That all sounds good!! Gonna try some black beans mashed up tonight. I do love any kind of beans. The peanut butter and banana sounds great too!!!

Thank you for that advice!!! I am definitely getting the bulk of my Protein via shakes.< br> I'm having a hard finding puréed foods to eat to get more protein. This morning I had 4 scrambled egg whites. An hour later I had a Protein Shake. About an hour later I had a fat free Jello, but that only had 1 gram of protein. For lunch I had about 4 ounces of chicken salad.< br> Got any suggestions of how I can get more protein from foods? Not sure if I like cottage cheese. Never tried it. LOL

Cottage cheese is delicious and an amazing source of protein! Some like it sweet, but I like it savory. Try it with salt, pepper, and dill. Or add celery salt. That's my favorite way. Why are you only eating the egg whites? There is healthy fat and protein in the yolk. I also add cheese to my eggs for some added protein. Try getting an unflavored Protein Powder to add into your foods. I use a brand called Unjury. I threw some of that into all my purees for an added protein boost. Of course, don't take my suggestions if they are not in your program's plan! As for the mental aspect, have you tried thinking about what you're feeling when you're "hungry?" For me, boredom at work can really get me thinking that I need to eat something, even when I have just recently eaten a meal. I usually take a little walk or have some Water or crystal lite when I get "hungry" soon after a meal. I find that the sensation always subsides until my body actually needs another meal.

Yes, my doctor told me any weight prior to your 6 weeks is just bonus weight. You really do not start the weight loss till after your 6 week mark when your body has fully healed and adjusted. He said you should lose a steady 10 pounds a month (give or take) after that mark.

Thanks! That is good to know!