Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

07-13-2017 Doing so much better!! Last week I was able to eat a bit better.. before that I couldn't really eat anything aside from broth or soup.. I'm down 33 lbs and that makes me happy! My Water intake is better too! How about you?

Your doing amazing !
I'm feeling a lot better now I'm on normal food . its like the world is my oyster. I don't like eating Breakfast but enjoy eating other meals ! I think I'll always struggle with water. With the odd good days. I know I've not done good when I wake up feeling so blurry in my head and thirsty lol

Sent from my Swift 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

On week 5 now and slowly starting to eat normal foods but I must say! After I eat.. I get SO tired! And can nap for 2 hours- isn't that bizarre?

Hello All, new to this site. I am a 41yr old male, 6'3". HW 445 SW 430 CW 389. I hade gastric sleeve surgery July 31st, 2017.

I lost 15 pounds pre surgery eating 1000 calories a day for two weeks. Post surgery I consumed 4oz of broth 3x's daily for the first three days and then switched to 4oz of either cottage cheese, greek yogurt and cream Soups for 14 days. Today I started eating soft foods, 4 oz, 3x's a day. I am drinking an average of 90oz of Water, daily. In 19 days, post surgery, I am down 41 pounds for a total of 56 pounds.
I have had a very good recovery, outside of a major gout flare up 11 days post surgery.
I feel great! I haven't had any issues. I wish I would have done this sooner!

1 minute ago, TS76 said:

Hello All, new to this site. I am a 41yr old male, 6'3". HW 445 SW 430 CW 389. I hade gastric sleeve surgery July 31st, 2017.

I lost 15 pounds pre surgery eating 1000 calories a day for two weeks. Post surgery I consumed 4oz of broth 3x's daily for the first three days and then switched to 4oz of either cottage cheese, greek yogurt and cream Soups for 14 days. Today I started eating soft foods, 4 oz, 3x's a day. I am drinking an average of 90oz of Water, daily. In 19 days, post surgery, I am down 41 pounds for a total of 56 pounds.
I have had a very good recovery, outside of a major gout flare up 11 days post surgery.
I feel great! I haven't had any issues. I wish I would have done this sooner!

Congrats!!!!!!!!! You are doing very well !!!!!!!!!

I am at 5 weeks post sleeve today. I started at 280 lbs and surgery date I was at 272. Today I was at 232. I can't believe it. I feel amazing and I'm out of XXL and wearing XL. I have started eating more normal foods and so far I have been able to tolerate everything with no problems. Honestly I have not feel this good for a long long time. Couldn't be happier. I am sure that the weight loss will slow some, but thats fine.

Congrats!!!!!!!!! You are doing very well !!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!

Mine was just Monday.

I'm still on the post op Clear Liquids. The pain of my incisions is the only "pain" I have and that is ALMOST gone.

Glad to be past that part.

Since I started the PRE op liquid diet and now am on the post op clear liquid diet, I am really friggin tired of it and I want to chew something so badly.

I'm just doing what the doc ordered.

I'm not officially recording anything, but I've lost 26lbs or so since the 14th of this month.

congrats! I forgot about this post. How are you doing now ?

I had my sleeve done on July 25. Still some gas pains and incision pain but feeling better each day. Other than feeling really tired I have lost 17lbs my first 5 days. Very happy with my progress.

Weldone! Hope your pains all better now. Gas pain was so bad for me too

I was sleeved 7/17. I'm doing well besides nerve pain in my thighs. I'm waiting to have a MRI done. My x-rays all came back normal. Apparently, I had a nerve pinched during surgery. I am having a hard time getting all my Protein in. That's mainly because of the taste. I've lost 27lbs so far!

How did they pinch a nerve? Hope ur better now.

Mine was last Tues. 25 july. My incisions still feeling a bit sore when i move around but it gets better by the day.
My main issue is drinking my fluids and takes me a couple of hours just to finish my 10oz protein milk..i am feeling a bit of dehydrated and hope to take in more liquids as time goes by.

VSG on 25 July 2017

How are you doing with liquids now. I find that hard too

I was sleeved July 10. Feeling great, but I'm in the dreaded 3 week stall. I haven't lost an ounce in a week. I'm trying not to let it get me down because a lot of people experience this. *I will not complain. *I will not complain. *I will not complain.

You got this. Hope the stall broke.

I had my sleeve done July 25, and so far it's been smooth sailing. Tolerable pain, no nausea, and I've been able to tolerate both Clear Liquids and full liquids just fine.
The annoying thing is that I came home from the hospital 10 pounds heavier than the day of surgery, and I'm still losing that excess weight. Technically, I'm still three pounds up from the day of surgery. I assume it's Water weight from the IV's. It is slowly going away, which is something. I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it,

Sorry I forgot to check back on this post. Id advise people not to weigh for two weeks post that iv etc and retention and inflammation does add weight. But not fat. Hope your doing well

3 hours ago, Perfectly Imperfect said:

Sleeved on 7/26. Still struggling with Protein and Water intake. Got on the scale today and I've gained 3lbs...wth!

Perfectly Imperfect

Hang in there, everyone talks a lot about the three week stall...don't get discouraged. I was sleeved on the 29th and I am trying to keep a positive outlook...I lost 15 lbs on the pre-op diet but since the surgery (3 weeks ago), I am down almost 10 lbs. Pre-surgery me never had luck losing 3 pounds a week and keeping it off - so I am trying to focus on that....but it is hard when you read about how weight is flying of people and wondering WTH is going on!!!!!

Keep at it :)

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, dreamingsmall said:

Sorry I forgot to check back on this post. Id advise people not to weigh for two weeks post that iv etc and retention and inflammation does add weight. But not fat. Hope your doing well

In the week that I thought I was stalled I ended up losing 1.6 lbs on day 7. I've realized that without adequate Fluid intake my weight comes off incredibly slowly. I aim for 100 ounces a day, but usually get around 85 ounces on average. Anything less than 64 ounces a day and I can be sure that the weight will hardly budge.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:01 PM, nycteacher said:

On week 5 now and slowly starting to eat normal foods but I must say! After I eat.. I get SO tired! And can nap for 2 hours- isn't that bizarre?

I have the same problem ! Maybe we are over eating ?