Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

On 8/19/2017 at 9:53 PM, mytime4me said:

Hang in there, everyone talks a lot about the three week stall...don't get discouraged. I was sleeved on the 29th and I am trying to keep a positive outlook...I lost 15 lbs on the pre-op diet but since the surgery (3 weeks ago), I am down almost 10 lbs. Pre-surgery me never had luck losing 3 pounds a week and keeping it off - so I am trying to focus on that....but it is hard when you read about how weight is flying of people and wondering WTH is going on!!!!!

Keep at it :)

Oh man I know what you mean ! I only 4 lbs down since the surgery 12days ago. I lost 15 on the pre liquid diet as well.

I was losing fast the first 3 weeks, then the stall, went back and looked at my food and Water, when I wavered from the plan and didn't drink enough water, I stalled. Back on track I went. I'm in week 6 and while the weight loss has slowed. I am down 29lbs since surgery and that's about the right amount for 6 weeks! It's easy to not get enough Protein or water, but stay the course, track your consumption and drink lot's of water all day! It will come off!

@HollyHill That's so great. We're very close in our weight loss. I had surgery 7/14 just three days before you and i'm at about the same pace! 28.5 lbs down since surgery lol Congrats! We got this.

I was sleeved 7/3 and am clear to everything but raw food. I've lost 50lbs and am back in the gym and doing T25 with it. I don't really care for food as much as I used to and am happy with that. I just eat to survive and get my nutrients and Protein. I'm having lots of fun with this!!!

10 hours ago, Tracyringo22 said:

Oh man I know what you mean ! I only 4 lbs down since the surgery 12days ago. I lost 15 on the pre liquid diet as well.

..I keep telling myself "I'll get there"...today, I almost threw the scale hahaha. Good luck and hang in!

3 hours ago, cvrgurl said:

I was sleeved the 19.. so far so good I'm doing my liquids but very bored with the same drinks

I hear you it gets so much easier on full solids! Hang in there :)

4 hours ago, mytime4me said:

..I keep telling myself "I'll get there"...today, I almost threw the scale hahaha. Good luck and hang in!

Try to not weigh for a couple of weeks, things have enough time to move then! and really focus on keeping those fluidsup, i ususally way every day lol will try juust once a week now! :) But my scales are not moving much either!

13 hours ago, Zillah said:

I was sleeved 7/3 and am clear to everything but raw food. I've lost 50lbs and am back in the gym and doing T25 with it. I don't really care for food as much as I used to and am happy with that. I just eat to survive and get my nutrients and Protein. I'm having lots of fun with this!!!

That is pretty cool!! My mum asked me how my food was at the restaurant and i replied " its just food, i mean.. it tastes like food.. i mean yes it was great lol" I honestly feel indifferent sometimes its great. good job for being back at the gym!

13 hours ago, HollyHill said:

I was losing fast the first 3 weeks, then the stall, went back and looked at my food and Water, when I wavered from the plan and didn't drink enough Water, I stalled. Back on track I went. I'm in week 6 and while the weight loss has slowed. I am down 29lbs since surgery and that's about the right amount for 6 weeks! It's easy to not get enough Protein or water, but stay the course, track your consumption and drink lot's of water all day! It will come off!

Hi! About 6 weeks in and i know i dont drink enugh i am always dehydrated! My weight is slow now too and have lost about the same amount as you , can .i ask what your daily eating is like?

14 hours ago, Tracyringo22 said:

Are you drinking enough?

1 hour ago, dreamingsmall said:

Are you drinking enough?

I guess I will have to track my Fluid intake too. I have my food not liquids. We will see if that helps.

Had my surgery 7/24. Tired! I am tired all of the time! There have been times that I needed to bump up my nutritional intake. Looking forward to my 6 week exam to see how the Vitamins and mineral intake is going. I have to say that I expected faster weight loss. The first 2 weeks I had a 3 # loss each week however the past 2 weeksI have lost 1 # each week! My Water intake has slacked somewhat but working on that. I can start my band workouts to help with muscle tone. Was back to work after 2 weeks but my job is not strenuous. Hope everyone is doing well!

@dreamingsmall - I'm on week 6 and my daily food consist of the following: probiotic shot (Good Belly Shot) early morning - before my workout. Then I drink Water during the workout and for 1 hour after.

Breakfast: drinkable yogurt, with Protein fruit flavored drink and 8 oz of water

Lunch: meat based Soup (like French Onion, or chicken and Vegetable) or Chicken Taco meat, cheese, sour cream, salsa all about 1/2 cup. Eat Slowly take a min between bites

Dinner: Meatloaf with potatoes and steamed veg's or soft grilled pork with veg.

I drink about 32 oz of water in between eating. I drink water before bed. Most of the water is flavored with protein powders. So I get 60-80 mg

I found by eating slower and stopping when full, I eat less, and I drink more! Today I'm in a pair of pants I haven't worn in 2 years! I know it's working by the clothes not the scale.

Hope that helps.