Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JULY SLEEVERS- How are you doing?

Sleeved on July 18th . Having some trouble processing most foods so I stick to the gentle ones I like (oatmeal, Soup, greens , smallll portion of chicken and Protein Bars ) no pain , I do get a lot of heartburn but nothing unbearable . Pre op weight: 250 current :218 height :5'7 33 years old

I think after looking at my food tracking, my stall is due to lack of Water consumption. I get lot's of Protein, but not nearly enough water. I feel fine, but drinking enough liquids is so hard. I can't just swallow as fast I used to and I need to learn to just drink slowly.

Im the same way with liquid I actually went to surgeon 3 weeks post op dehydrated . Get urself a large bottle of water and take small sips throughout the day . U don't have to chug or guzzle but make it a goal to finish that bottle in 24 hrs [emoji846]

I think I'm doing good. I feel good that's for sure... eating most anything well. tuna hits a bit heavy so I just can't eat much that...I can see my clothes getting bigger and I can even fit in the bathtub now which is like awesome...But still can't see it myself in photos. Not sure why. I'll try and get some photos uploaded on here.
Had my surgery on 7/17/17.
I started at my highest at 315 and down to 255. My first mini goal is to be 250 for my birthday...October 13th...I'll be 45... and two days later will be married for 23 years to the love of my life who has supported me on this journey from the beginning. It makes a world of difference to have someone who supports you. The hardest thing is I do miss eating out. It was a BIG part of our entertainment. Trying new places. I dont miss food... just the going out and the experience. plus my husband... he supports me totally... But he isn't in the best place himself. At over 350 he needs this too but is afraid. So trying to find new things to do can be a challenge.
Hope everyone is doing well on your journeys. Love reading on here. It's an amazing group.

Hi Sleevers!

I am doing well, minor food reactions, and mostly due to eating to fast or to much. I am losing my clothes are getting big, but the scale doesn't reflect it. I've been working out 4 to 5 days a week and have so much more energy. So I have decided that the scale is not the best reflection of my weight loss. I am tracking, I eat between 800 and 1000 calories a day- mostly Protein based and little carbs and drink plenty of Water, so I hope the clothing size reducing is a good sign and the scale at home is not as accurate.

Hope everyone else is doing good. It's been a good journey so far and much easier than I thought! Here's to all of us meeting our health goals and living long!

Hey all~

I was sleeved July 17th and I've been struggling and frustrated but I know there will be some disappointments along the way. I see my face slimming down but I'm bouncing between the same two pounds (248-250) for almost a month. My last "official" weigh-in was Sept. 4th at the NUT office and I was 254. When I weighed at home a few days before that appointment I was 250. I'm constantly on here preaching patience but I don't seem to have any for myself! I'm denying myself access to my scale for a while because I can see this is working, if slowly.

I was really dehydrated last weekend and had an impacted bowel as a result. Would not recommend. :P For two weeks I became addicted to drinking milk and making my own protein-packed sugar-free iced latte at home every morning. It would fill me up and I didn't have much room left for Water but I saw the scale drop 4lbs the week I started and I was thrilled...so I kept doing it. Won't make that mistake again! I'm 99% sure the dehydration is affecting my numbers. The edema has also returned in my right leg so I saw my PCP and she said she's sure it isn't a blood clot and to increase water. No more milk for a while!

I've been on soft foods since Sept. 4th and everything has went down just fine. Through this journey I haven't vomited or felt anything being stuck in my throat. Sometimes I'll get a wave of nausea and I'll feel my mouth salivate in waiting but nothing happens. I can pretty comfortable take in 3-4oz of fish, chicken, etc. but I have to take it slow enough that my food is usually cold by the 3rd bite. Food just isn't fun for me anymore, but neither was being tired and overweight.

I never had GERD before surgery but I have it now. If I drink too much coffee, more than 2 shots of Decaf espresso a day, or anything tomato-based it bubbles in my belly. There are days where everything bubbles at the end of the day but I combat that with a Pepcid and a bottle of water. I hope this doesn't stay forever.

Also, weird question - can someone explain what stomach acid tastes like? I ask because I sometimes get a whiff or taste in my mouth during the day that I can only describe as burned rubber. My bowel movements sometimes smell the same way and it freaked me out for a while.

I am doing well too!! The process overall has gone gone really smooth...I can eat pretty much anything without any adverse reactions. I am struggling with the Water and a consistent workout routine. I am battling the frustration with the scale also. I see the difference in my clothes but the scale is not moving as fast as I thought it would move. When people see me now the comments have changed from....I can't believe how much weight you have gained to WOW you are getting that weight off fast!!!!

I was sleeved on July 18. At the start of my journey I weighed in at 303. The morning of surgery I weighed 279. Today I weigh 230. I feel like a new man!!!

I was diagnosed with diabetes late last year. From the second day post op I have been diabetes free and 100% OFF all meds!!!

I had my surgery on the 17th of July. I'm down 42 pounds today and feel so much better. Clothes are more fun to try on and I'm loving my smaller size. Eating more variety, still trying to get in all my Protein and water...having a tough time. I used to LOVE Water but I just don't like it now. So hard to drink it plain, so I flavor it once in a while with lemon. Hope you are all doing well. What are you all eating these days? How much exercise are you getting? I'm counting steps with my new fitbit but nothing too intense yet. But I feel like I might be ready to do more.

I had my surgery on the 17th of July. I'm down 42 pounds today and feel so much better. Clothes are more fun to try on and I'm loving my smaller size. Eating more variety, still trying to get in all my Protein and water...having a tough time. I used to LOVE Water but I just don't like it now. So hard to drink it plain, so I flavor it once in a while with lemon. Hope you are all doing well. What are you all eating these days? How much exercise are you getting? I'm counting steps with my new fitbit but nothing too intense yet. But I feel like I might be ready to do more.

I was sleeved July 10th. I'm down 47.6 since the day of surgery and 62.6 since the start of my two week pre-op diet. I haven't had any food aversions, which has been great. I'm sticking to my plan which is protein, veg, limited fruit, some Beans, and cheese. Staying away from carbs and sugar. So far it has not been a struggle. I'm looking to increase my activity as well. So far I've just been walking and getting in around 10,000 steps a day on average. Congratulations on your great progress!

Hello July Sleevers!

I have officially lost 100 pounds in total!!!! I lost about 50 pounds before my 7/3 surgery and 50 after but I still think its a neat coincidence that I am 100 days after surgery and I hit 100 pounds lost in total! I am so excited for the future and this shows me that I can and I WILL do this.

Reading everyone's posts has helped to motivate and inspire me. Thank you for sharing your journey.

We got this! :)

Edited by HealthierMe193

I had surgery 7/10. I'm down 51lbs which since i had a lower starting weight and PCOS/hypothyroidism I'm really happy with. I am working out with a trainer twice a week plus another 3-4 days of cardio or extra strength training. I'm getting Protein in easily but sometimes struggle a little with Water at work. Right now I'm in the 800-1000 kcal/day range. I've had to order new clothing for work (professional wear) and for the gym because all my old stuff was becoming baggy!

Edited by settingqt31

Hi July sleevers! I passed my 3 month surgiversary and I have lost around 35 lbs total. Finally people are noticing the weight loss, and I did have to buy a few new pairs of yoga pants because the 2x’s weren’t staying up! Eating is great as long as I focus on animal Protein. Nuts and Beans don’t fill me as much as meat or eggs. So I eat more calories and carbs when I consume veg protein. To me it is almost not counting as protein because of that. Though I need starchy foods each day in order to avoid Constipation. Hard to get enough Water in when each time you eat there is an hour ban on drinking!

i Lose very slowly because of the lower bmi but most days the scale goes down a couple ounces. Very steady, no stalls more than a one day thing. I don’t eat any sweets including fruit. It really helps, has made sweet things taste way too sweet.

good luck to you all.

3 minutes ago, GotProlactinoma said:

Hi July sleevers! I passed my 3 month surgiversary and I have lost around 35 lbs total. Finally people are noticing the weight loss, and I did have to buy a few new pairs of yoga pants because the 2x’s weren’t staying up! Eating is great as long as I focus on animal Protein. Nuts and Beans don’t fill me as much as meat or eggs. So I eat more calories and carbs when I consume veg Protein. To me it is almost not counting as protein because of that. Though I need starchy foods each day in order to avoid Constipation. Hard to get enough Water in when each time you eat there is an hour ban on drinking!

i Lose very slowly because of the lower bmi but most days the scale goes down a couple ounces. Very steady, no stalls more than a one day thing. I don’t eat any sweets including fruit. It really helps, has made sweet things taste way too sweet.

good luck to you all.

Hi! aww you did start low your doing amazing!! :)

On 12/10/2017 at 4:41 AM, settingqt31 said:

I had surgery 7/10. I'm down 51lbs which since i had a lower starting weight and PCOS/hypothyroidism I'm really happy with. I am working out with a trainer twice a week plus another 3-4 days of cardio or extra strength training. I'm getting Protein in easily but sometimes struggle a little with Water at work. Right now I'm in the 800-1000 kcal/day range. I've had to order new clothing for work (professional wear) and for the gym because all my old stuff was becoming baggy!

Your doing awsome , i dont excersise, because i was told it can slow weightloss when building muscle but i love to see the scale go down lol but keep my Protein up