Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

He said he wants ALL of my nutrition to come from food. No "artificial" means

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

That's a great goal, but hard for many of us to do especially early out.

And to the poster who said too many carbs/sugar you aren't eating the right Protein Bars you're looking at the mass marketed ones.

I'm four years out and added them in at about four to six months out.

Still use them a few times a week.

That's a great goal, but hard for many of us to do especially early out.

And to the poster who said too many carbs/sugar you aren't eating the right Protein bars you're looking at the mass marketed ones.

I'm four years out and added them in at about four to six months out.

Still use them a few times a week.

I'm having a VERY hard time getting in my protein. I get hungry, but I just don't feel like eating. Today, I'm having trouble drinking my Water.

I'm having a VERY hard time getting in my Protein. I get hungry, but I just don't feel like eating. Today, I'm having trouble drinking my Water.

How far out are you that your doc expects you to get your protein from whole food sources?

There are so many variations of surgical diet plans on the website. So many people doing many different things. It's amazing. But yours seems a little off. Glad you have an appointment. Concerned you will never get your minimum 60 grams Protein without a shake. You need the protein to heal.

Btw you might get more answers if you move this thread to the POST-op page.

16days! On solid food for 10days. I'm not doing very well. I ate VERY little today. I actually have a meeting with a dietitian tomorrow.

Wow! Are you in the US? Most US surgeons expect us to use at least Protein Shakes for months after surgery to meet Protein goals.

How many grams of protein per day are you expected to have?

I used shakes to meet my 80+ gram goal for almost a year and still use shakes or bars or powder added to things several times per week.

Wow! Are you in the US? Most US surgeons expect us to use at least Protein Shakes for months after surgery to meet Protein goals.

How many grams of protein per day are you expected to have?

I used shakes to meet my 80+ gram goal for almost a year and still use shakes or bars or powder added to things several times per week.

Yes, I am in Pennsylvania. I am supposed to be getting 60g at the minimum. He said he is most concerned that I'm drinking, he's not worried about me eating.

Yes, I am in Pennsylvania. I am supposed to be getting 60g at the minimum. He said he is most concerned that I'm drinking, he's not worried about me eating.

So I'm confused you are to get 60g of Protein no Protein Shakes but he doesn't care about you eating only drinking? How is that possible?

Or is the 60g a down the road goal?

Your doctor is not like most.

Most will will def say hydration is most important early out and few of us meet protein goals right off the bat. Many of us don't feel much like eating and have to force ourselves to eat and or drink.

However, most doctors allow for protein shakes to meet protein goals early out. Because very few of us can meet protein goal with whole food for month and months. I couldn't for he better part of a year.

Again please clarify... 60g minimum but he's not concerned you can't eat and won't allow Protein Shakes? How is it possible to get 60g minimum in then?

You'll find as many diet plans as members on here. All we can do is tell you what we did.

I, personally, found Protein Shakes and Quest bars a vital part of my success and I even eat Quest bars in maintenance. Because I ate at least 80 grams of Protein a day but needed only 800 calories (but wanted around 80 g carbs) this worked for me.

I wouldn't add bars until you're on solid food, and you'll probably find you can only eat half. I still can't eat a whole one and I'm 7 years out.

Congrats and good luck!

Cheri

So I'm confused you are to get 60g of Protein no Protein Shakes but he doesn't care about you eating only drinking? How is that possible?

Or is the 60g a down the road goal?

Your doctor is not like most.

Most will will def say hydration is most important early out and few of us meet protein goals right off the bat. Many of us don't feel much like eating and have to force ourselves to eat and or drink.

However, most doctors allow for protein shakes to meet protein goals early out. Because very few of us can meet protein goal with whole food for month and months. I couldn't for he better part of a year.

I agree with you. I was concerned, so I met with a dietitian today. She suggested I go back to shakes and smoothies with un-flavored Protein Powder. She also suggested I go back to the Greek yogurt. I am still going to try more foods, but I am going to do what I need to do to get in my protein.

I KNOW! It comcerned me, so I met with a dietitian today, she suggested I go back to the shakes and Greek yogurt.

"Back to" Greek yogurt? That's not considered a whole food Protein source?