Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Hi Long2bThin,

Thank you so much and God bless you with all kinds of blessings and surprises that only Him can give. Today is Sunday and I usually go to church but for some reasons, I knew I had to stay home. My husband is gone to church and my daughter is at her friend's place. God gave me a time of rest because I was pretty tired. Being a teacher takes a lot of my time. It's not a job from 8 to 5, I see myself working a lot of time until 10:00 or 10:30 at nights. Staying home gave me also a time alone with God and I crave for those moments with Him. I know in my heart that he's the only one who can change my thinking and He'll be there to get me through all difficulties. He also gives people like you who went through the surgery and can help others by listening and answer questions we might have. Thank you so much.

clempier N.B. Canada

Thank you clempier, that was very sweet. I too stayed home from church this morning. My husband is out of town deer hunting until this afternoon. I woke up at 3 and couldn't sleep, finally went back to sleep at 6 and then overslept. Also our pastor is out of town on a missions trip, though I know that's no excuse, I am taking it easy today too.

My friends on this thread are such a source of comfort to me. I thank all of you for that. Clempier, I am reading a book called "The Emotional First Aid Kit," recommended by the psychotherapist I'm seeing for my lapband experience. It is written by a woman who has worked with WLS patients for many years. She has a lot of advice about the "head" issues, preparing your home environment, your support system, emotional eating, self-talk, mental rehearsal - too many topics to list here. Her book is easy to read, and has a lot of good advice/suggestions. As most of us do, I find it helpful to tailor her ideas to my own Christian belief system - self talk that becomes a prayer, mental rehearsal that asks for God's help, etc. Long2BThin and Phyllser (and many others) are such good role models for us, because they are walking the walk, and is being successful. This book is helping me address a lot of issues right now, and I hope it will for you, too. My psych doc suggested I buy this book, as it is one I will want to read now, and refer to later as I face challenges.

God bless all of you!

Dear JoannMarie,

Thank you so much for the info. I'm going to try to find the book you're talking about. I really don't want to mess that last chance God is giving me to be the vase He wants me to be. I want to be able to do things for Him but right now because of my weight, I have no energy, I'm diabetic. I'm praying God to set me free.

clempier, N.B. Canada

Hi again dear Long2bThin,

You can't imagine how it helps me to hear from christians who are going through the same as me. I check every day to see if anyone send me anything. The more I talk to christians and I pray, the more I'm at peace and I know God will help me when the time will come. My husband is overweight too and he likes to eat. He said he's going to support me but I think he's going to find it hard. Right now, there's a lot of things in our life who's "on hold". We're waiting for a loan, we're suppose to sign the papers this Friday coming up, I'm waiting for the surgery, and we're also waiting for a job in Fort McMurray for my husband. We really need him to go there and have a salary that would help us to pay all our depts (he's a cook/baker) so guess who cooks at home???? hi!hi! I would appreciate some prayers. clempier N.B. Canada

Hey all.. I havent checked in here in awhile! How are all of you? I am doing well.. its been 3 months since surgery and I have lost 19 lbs.. but most of that was lost in the few weeks after surgery.. so its been a little frusterating.. but God is good. I get my second fill this friday!:biggrin:

Its really amazing to see what he has been doing in our lives.. my hubby and I had been in a dry kinda wilderness time for the last 4 years and this may he moved us to a place where we are finally plugging in and connecting and its been such a blessing. trying to plug into a church and make friends over the last 4 years has been so hard. but we moved here in may and we already found and plugged into a church and are making friends! (you know the ones that actually call back!!) we learned so much over the last 4 years.. but its so nice to get some refreshment!:blush:

looking forward to connecting again.. whats new?

Hi all,

I have been gone for a while as well. Like Clempie somethings in my life are on hold (my husband's job) and others are flying by me at mock speed. I have lost 27 lbs in the 2 months since my surgery most of which was lost the first month. I am going to get a fill on 11/4. I am not too discouraged by the slow down in loss because in the past with the kind of challenges I have faced over the past couple of months I would have packed on 15 or more pounds but this time I am actually losing. PRAISE THE LORD!

Hi all,

I have been gone for a while as well. Like Clempie somethings in my life are on hold (my husband's job) and others are flying by me at mock speed. I have lost 27 lbs in the 2 months since my surgery most of which was lost the first month. I am going to get a fill on 11/4. I am not too discouraged by the slow down in loss because in the past with the kind of challenges I have faced over the past couple of months I would have packed on 15 or more pounds but this time I am actually losing. PRAISE THE LORD!

It's good to have you back! It seems like everybody's lives are crazy right now - but some more than others. I hope yours settles a bit for you. It's good to hear your weight loss is coming along, even though it may have slowed down, you are headed in the right direction. Maybe your fill next week will help you some.

Good luck,

I could use some prayers right now...

I am having a hard time figuring out if I need to have a little bit of an unfill or not. I had my last fill on Sept 1st and am due to see my surgeon for my 1 year follow up on November 13th. I am getting in my daily intake of needed calories but not always with the best foods because it feels like when my stoma is too tight food gets stuck and I end up throwing up probably 1 or 2 times a week.

This past Friday I went out of town with some ladies from my church to Tahoe at one of their cabins and had a wonderful RELAXING weekend. About 95% of my meals I never got anything stuck, I ate the right amounts, and when something did get stuck it only took about 10 minutes to clear itself unlike when I am home and it takes sometimes almost 45 minutes to clear or I throw up.

The minute I get and back into my routine it starts back up again and I threw up again last night. I don't know if there is something I can do to relax better at home so my stoma isn't so tight or what. I would hate to get an unfil and start eating bad again like the last time I had just a little bit taken out.

Well enough rambling on and on, I would appreciate any advice some of you more seasoned bandsters might have as well as your prayers.

Thank you,

Hi friends...I'm back at home after 2 weeks in Iowa (I was supposed to fall in love with Iowa so DH & I could move when DD & DSIL move in 3-5 years...NOT gonna happen, we'll visit May-September). When we had snow flurrys Saturday, DD was soooo excited & I remembered why DH & I live in rural North FL (4 seasons NO snow). Update on WLS status: the nurse called me in Iowa and told me I needed to do 2 wks. of trmt for H. Pylori titers (thankfully no endoscopy needed). Tomorrow I am to schedule dates for my inferior vena cava filter placement, per-op meeting & surgery, I'm hoping for mid-December. DMom (age 93) announced tonight she thinks she'll come up the day before Thanksgiving and stay for the family Christmas reunion the 1st weekend in Dec. (mom doesn't approve of this type of surgery & says I do not appreciate her gift of life etc. in my former life I would have backed off, however, my current mantra is "my body, my business" so I choose not to discuss it with her). God has blessed me with life, my spiritual rebirth and now soon to be physical rebirth. He is so good & so protective. And all He asks is for our love and trust! I pray always that He will bless & protect each of you. MarilynC

Hi Marilyn, It's good to hear from you again - so sorry you were disappointed in Iowa! Speaking as a mom whose DD and DSIL (w/baby and another on the way) are currently posted in South Korea - I will be overjoyed to have them anywhere in the lower 48! the sooner the better! It sounds like your surgical future is coming along - December sounds pretty good. My date is Dec 4th. I've started a December thread under monthly support groups December 2008, and our posters are growing by the day. You are welcome to join us!

God is taking care of you and opening the doors to your healthy new life. He'll be watching over you in all the testing and preparations coming up for you. and me, too! I am so grateful for His love.

God bless,

I love this thread, keep up the good postings. I am a born again christian as well. I'm soo blessed to have found this thread. Thank you soo much for starting this. I got banded for better health and to control my portions as well.

Hi everyone...Banding update: my IVC filter placement is scheduled for 12/09, pre-op appt is 12/11, & SURGERY is to be 12/15. Today I restart South Beach Phase 1, 12/01 I start 2 Protein Shakes & 1 SB meal a day. I can do this....through my Father who opens all doors and carries us through the rough spots! JoAnne we can be band sisters!! MarilynC:thumbup:

That would be great! My surgery was 9/26/08 I am down 20lbs but I am really needing prayer. I have been dealing with sadness. I have a great life but I feel sad. I am crying for no reason and am snapping at my family. I am so thankful that I was able to have this surgery in fact I was very blessed to have this surgery. Has anyone else had this feeling after surgery. Please pray for me Thank you

Sharmom...welcome. You have come to a really safe haven. What you are experiencing is probably normal because you are in the middle of a major lifestyle change and that takes time. When your feelings begin to get overwhelming...give yourself some time to come online here. For me, just writing is sometimes all it takes to put my feelings back together. I will be praying for you and your family. Thank you for letting us share your feelings. MarilynC

That would be great! My surgery was 9/26/08 I am down 20lbs but I am really needing prayer. I have been dealing with sadness. I have a great life but I feel sad. I am crying for no reason and am snapping at my family. I am so thankful that I was able to have this surgery in fact I was very blessed to have this surgery. Has anyone else had this feeling after surgery. Please pray for me Thank you

Hi,

Can't say I experienced any of that, but could be any of several things.. I guess my first guess would be hormones. But, maybe a sense of grief over things lost... readjusting of food habits, what you can eat vs. what your family is eating, etc. Are you attending a support group where you can discuss these feelings?? Or have a prayer support team?? You need to find a safe place where you can explore these feelings and get some encouragement and support to help you through.

God Bless!!

We all need to keep you in our prayers while you are going through this adjustment phase!

17_1_10.gif 17_1_10.gif 17_1_10.gif 17_1_10.gif 17_1_10.gif 17_1_10.gif