Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

interpretasl~ I was reading your story, and it is very inspirational.

I just wanted to share how grateful I am for the blessing of this band. My parents were given a blessing of a big bonus, and they passed the blessing on to me, and payed for my surgery. I have already seen so many improvements on my physical, mental, and spiritual life. The Lord has truly poured out the blessings this year.

Hello to Everyone -

It has been a while since I posted. I went on vacation to Costa Rica for 10 days and then to Walt Disney World for 6 days and we walked, walked, walked everywhere. This was the first vacation I have ever went on and when I came home was actually 3 lbs less!!

I want to encourage everyone who might be a little discouraged or wondering if it is all worth it. For the first time in a long time, I am less than 100 lbs overweight. As of today I am down 71 lbs and feeling so much better. I finished exercise this morning and ran 3 miles in 36:30 minutes. God is good. I still have a way to goal but at this rate, I will definitely make my 100 lbs loss by or before my one year anniversary date on April 30.

Keep it up - there are times when it is oh so slow and times of plateau but God is there to help every step of the way and the lapband is such a blessing and effective tool.

Take care & God Richly Bless......

Hi Numbrgirl,

I was wondering if you went threw medical insurance to get your band. I live in Riverside also and I'm just starting the long process of trying to get approved threw my insurance for the lapband. Thats wonderful the weight you've lost so far, what a blessing the lap band is to so many people. I'm praying and praying that I will be able to get it soon.

Hope to hear from you soon :tt2:

Anne

Hi Anne31,

I did not go through insurance. I checked with my provider and for me - the criteria and hoops to jump through at the time were too extensive and didn't make a bit of sense to me. 6 months of this and 6 months of that and then if there was no change......blah, blah, blah,........ meanwhile to get the lapband one has to prove that they have been trying to lose weight unsuccessfully for the last 4-5 years.........why would the provider want a 320+ lb person to stretch it out even another six months?? What is preventative about that? [that's my soapbox]. I was there because my knees were in such bad pain and I was tired all the time, etc. 6 more months of that..........ugh.......just felt like I couldn't do it.

I used the Capital One Medical financing and effectively paid cash. I qualified on-line and even though I have great credit the finance chg was still about 14%. Once I received my first bill - I paid a significant portion of the balance from the deposit I had saved and transferred the remaining balance to a 0% interest credit card that extended out for 18 months and I am paying it each month out of my budget.

Now I understand that everyone cannot afford it or are not in a position to do this type of payment plan. For me it was an opportunity and I took it.

Looking back after this progress I have made, I would go through any program necessary to get the lapband but of course hindsight is 20/20.

I certainly wish you the best in your pursuit of this avenue.

I just felt led to post this morning how thankful I am to God for my band. I have not lost what I wanted to so far but I am losing and if I had had a fill in December I would have had more success. I have only had 2 fills (11/4 - 1/2 cc and 1/6 - 1 cc) and I started at around 3 ccs so I am at 4.5 ccs. It is great. I donated platelets yesterday and I always drink an apple juice and eat Nutter Butter's and I was only able to eat 2 and drink half the juice and then I had to wait an hour of so to be able to finish it. Thank you LORD!

I know that I should choose to not eat Cookies at all and I don't everyday but I am thankful that I can now control how many Cookies I eat. Before August, I would have eaten the 4 pack they gave me and then stopped at the store for more. That is a beast that I am glad to be rid of!!!

Blessing to all of you! Please watch with me as my weight continues to melt off!

Hi tutornmom,

Thank you for posting today. That's exactly what I needed. I'm explaining myself. I've been waiting for my date for 4 months now and I have been having all kinds of thoughts these days. At church, we're having a week fast and prayer week. I thought, since I'm diabetic, I can't skip a meal but I sure can not eat after supper. I did 3 evenings and I had a hard time. I couldn't anymore on the 4th evening. I woke up hungry, had my Breakfast, still hungry and even after my meals and my snack at 10h, I was still hungry. It was like that all day long so by 20h, I couldn't anymore and I ate. I'm trying to lose weight by doing Weight Watchers by myself. I wasn't proud of myself at all. I then realized It was my days before my period and usually those days are the hardest days of the month, I can eat and eat and still be hungry. I'm scare for the futur even if my head says God is there and He's going to help me but there's a part of me who says How am I going to do when I'll have my surgery? Are you hungry? I was sure it was God's will for me to have that surgery and right now I'm not so sure, it's as if I don't know anymore. Is it because I'm expecting my period that I'm like that. I say to myself it just a feeling not God's will. I think I just need a but a encouragment.

clempier

Hi Clempir

I have been banded for one year and have lost 110lbs so far God has been with me all the way with out Him I couldn't have done this and the iceing on the cake is that I'm on no more meds. You must keep in mine God wants us to be healthy. God didn't make us to be sick that is when sin came in to play so when I think of the band I thank God for the band it has changed my life, I can fast without getting sick, I can walk without being out of breath glory be to God. So keep your head up my sister God is in control let Him lead you to good health.

God Bless our sister LadyRoz

Dear Ladyroz,

Thank you so much for your encouragment. I thank God for this christian bandsters. I don't know any christian sisters or brothers who when through a lapband. It's new around here. I don't even know if Dr. Savoie started his surgery yet. My sister-in-law heard that Dr. Savoie is just suppose to start his surgeries in March only. I think, we're going to hear different story. So the best thing to do is to wait for my date and pray God to prepare me for that new life who's ahead of me. Thanks again.

clempier, Beresford Canada

Hi Clempier,

If I may suggest - try eating a little more Protein and less high carb foods on the days you are feeling this way. This might help you to be more satisfied when your body is dong the crazy things it does at the monthly cycle. When you are banded, and have advanced to a "regular" eating plan, most doctors recommend you have 60-70 grams of Protein a day, secondarily some healthy carbs like vegies and many fruits, and starches/sugars last if at all. You can start eating this way now. The South Beach diet is a good one for people planning to be banded, because it is similar to the plan most doctors recommend after banding. I find it helps me to avoid the highs and lows of too many starches and sugars and I feel much better overall. If you are on LBTalk much, you will notice that the surgeons don't necessarily prepare you with much nutrition information. Many just tell patients "just eat less food." The research I've seen suggests that protein deficiencies are a problem for banded patients, and just eating less food is not going to deal with that. You want a healthy body - not just a slimmer body. Check Amazon.com for books on eating after lapband - there is one "Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding...." by Jessie H. Ahroni. It is on Amazon.com for $12.55 - a bargain. Very comprehensive book about all aspects of banding, including an excellent eating plan. My surgeon would not schedule a consultation until I had read this book and it is the eating plan she recommends.

I do believe God has led me to this surgery as the best solution for me to attain the healthy body He wants me to have. He is with me every day in my effort to do what I need to do to make this happen. Don't be afraid of being left alone to fend for yourself. He is with you, and He will lead you to others who can help support you. Whatever you decide will be right because He loves you and wants the best for you.

LadyRoz - Good for you! Congratulations on your great weight loss. It is very inspiring for me to read the posts like yours. There are many who have been very successful at this and I appreciate so much hearing from you. God Bless!

Hi,

I have to be honest because that is all I know how to do. Most days I am only hungry when it is time to eat but I still have those PMS days when I could graze all day except thank the LORD the band won't let me eat like I once would have. I have read that some people grieve the food they can't eat after getting the band. I have not really grieved. I will look at a big spread of food and realize that I formally would have eaten a little of all of it but now I am happy just choosing the things I want the most and enjoying those. My MIL took us out to eat Mexican last night. I was very satisfied to eat a few chips and salsa and then eat my husband's gaucamole salad. I did not feel at all deprived that I couldn't eat a whole plate like everyone else. I honestly felt BLESSED to finally have some control. I hope that helps! I know that God led me to this because I am already a better witness for Him. Blessings!

To all,

Thank you so much for your support and for the informations. I will sure look for that book you're talking about.

clempier

Hello to everyone,

I'm a christian living in Dubai, UAE and have just ordered the book the book mentioned above from the US. I am so glad to have found this thread which has given me reassurance that I am doing the right thing. I am being banded this Sunday 25th January. I know that God does not want me to be obese, He gave me a body which I haven't looked after but now I am going to look after it with the help of my band.

Blessings to you all!

Hi JoannMarie,

I already send for those 2 books you reffering to. I'm still waiting for my date. I realize that the time God was giving me was to prepare myself psychologicaly for that big event. It's going to be a completely different way of living and I'm sure the book you were saying is going to help me a lot.

Thanks again,

clempier