Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

well, today was weigh in day and my 2nd fill. I was pleased. 8 more pounds gone. I still am not feeling restriction, but i know that will come in time. I praise God daily for the Band. It is almost a miracle.

Makes me wanna Shout!

Hello when was your surgery?

I had surgery on 01-21-09

My surgery was 1-16-09. I hit 41 pounds today...I just cant believe it!

Big Congratulations! You are having a great experience with weight loss. I'd like to be losing a little faster, but know we are all different. My pattern has been slow and steady, and I can live with that. The GOOD thing is that when it's gone it's GONE! My band is my friend now - and will be esp important when it comes to maintaining the losses... :)

I think of the scripture that says I must become less, that he becomes more. I know that my weight has been the focus of my life for years. Its really hard to let God be our main focus when we can't get ourselves out of the way. I believe that as I become less (literally) He will become greater in my life.

I am so thankful for this opportunity and pray that God gives me the strength for success, not only for me, but I am hopeful that my success will help some of my friends that are overweight make this life changing decision.

This is the first time in years that I have really had hope that this situation (weight) is going to change, and change long term.

I think of the scripture that says I must become less, that he becomes more. I know that my weight has been the focus of my life for years. Its really hard to let God be our main focus when we can't get ourselves out of the way. I believe that as I become less (literally) He will become greater in my life.

I am so thankful for this opportunity and pray that God gives me the strength for success, not only for me, but I am hopeful that my success will help some of my friends that are overweight make this life changing decision.

This is the first time in years that I have really had hope that this situation (weight) is going to change, and change long term.

I totally get what you are saying. For so long I was so consumed with thoughts of my weight, and let it hold me back from things, like last spring I made excuses not to go on our spring ladies retreat because it was in the mountains and I was afraid of hiking or sleep aka snoring in a room with someone else. I missed out on so many blessings. It truly has been a freeing thing!

Wow.... great job long2bThin! You have lost a lot of weight. That is awesome.

It is true how many things we don't do because of our weight. I work with the youth at our church, and my weight has definitely been an issue when we go and do certain things like Water parks, skiing, etc. But mostly, it has caused me to be so ME focused. I am hoping that once the weight is gone, I can be more GOD focused. I am trying. God is, and has always been so awesome in my life, and I want to serve him in a way that is more pleasing to Him. Good luck to you on your journey too. I bet you are doing LOTS more now! :)

DaMomb, your posts are very inspiring to me. I had not thought of this process in quite the same way, but your words open my eyes to the reality of my weight issue. Thank you.

DaMomb, your posts are very inspiring to me. I had not thought of this process in quite the same way, but your words open my eyes to the reality of my weight issue. Thank you.

Thank you JoannMarie. That is so sweet. That's what is so great about this forum... hopefully we can each inspire one another, and we definitely see that we are not alone. Most anything we will go through, someone else has been there, and that is so helpful. We really are all in this together :)

Extra weight and the stigma our society puts on it - really does serve to inhibit us in so many ways. I am always amazed at how much more outgoing my personality becomes when I am at a healthy, "feel-good" weight rather than lethargic and out of energy - so much self-esteem is attached to the whole scenario. I am glad that God loves us despite our shortcomings and does not judge on us the condition of our physical but rather the conditon of our hearts!! I am also enjoying teaching my women's Bible study these days and using some weight loss "endurance" experiences as good examples for all of them (and myself too). I know lots of people are going through hard times now - I wanted to share a thought that I shared with all of my ladies last night:

"When I am confused by what I don't know - I rehearse in my mind what I do know." I know that God has promised to bring me through anything or take me out of it when it becomes too much for me to handle......that is a comfort.

I need some advice...I have been debating on whether or not to go get a fill. I feel like I am eating too much at any given meal. Now don't get me wrong I'm not sitting there eating 2 plates of food or anything like I used to pre-lapband. However, I can eat probably around 3 cups of food at one sitting and I get hungry again about 1.5 hours later. To the point where my stomach starts growling at me. I try to hold off as long as I can to eat again. But I know that only 4 months ago even .5 of cc's was too much and they had to take it right back out. The doc said at that time I was probably at my max fill. Is it possible that I might be in need of a slight more bit of a fill only 4 months later even if I haven't lost any weight in the last 4 months? That is one of the reasons I haven't been wanting to go see my doc because I feel terrible that I haven't lost any weight in that time period. I am happy that I didn't gain any weight though. But I have been really struggling with whether or not to go see him for the last month. Any thoughts???

I need some advice...I have been debating on whether or not to go get a fill. I feel like I am eating too much at any given meal. Now don't get me wrong I'm not sitting there eating 2 plates of food or anything like I used to pre-lapband. However, I can eat probably around 3 cups of food at one sitting and I get hungry again about 1.5 hours later. To the point where my stomach starts growling at me. I try to hold off as long as I can to eat again. But I know that only 4 months ago even .5 of cc's was too much and they had to take it right back out. The doc said at that time I was probably at my max fill. Is it possible that I might be in need of a slight more bit of a fill only 4 months later even if I haven't lost any weight in the last 4 months? That is one of the reasons I haven't been wanting to go see my doc because I feel terrible that I haven't lost any weight in that time period. I am happy that I didn't gain any weight though. But I have been really struggling with whether or not to go see him for the last month. Any thoughts???

Go to the doctor! I went this past week and he measured my Fluid and I was down 1 CC. So now I am back up to what I was. Plus as we lose weight there is fat in the stomach area that goes away. The things I learned!

I agree with Dal - call your doctor for an appointment. You might need a bit of a fill to provide you with more restriction. You say you have not lost weight in the last 4 months, have you lost inches? Your band could be loosening because the fat pad around your stomach (under the band) could be shrinking. I wonder if your doc meant your band was full, or if he meant you simply had too much at that fill. Please make an appointment and ask about this. Your band can't help you if it is not maintained.

Also, make sure you are getting plenty of Protein - it may help you stay satisfied for a longer time.

Hi to everyone,

I'm still waiting for my surgery and the waiting can be hard. Here's the problem, We have a new doctor who can do the gastric bypasses but the problem is that the hospital is not ready for the surgeries. They are still waiting for medical equipment and I heard that because of government cutting everywhere in Canada because of the ressetion, that's what is stopping them. I've been waiting since last September and I've been told they would not be able to start before next autum.

I try to stay positive and tell myself if it's the case, it's because God wants me to be more ready for the surgery and it gives me time to change old habits and all but.

I would like some encouragement and also prayers that the government can give enough money so they can have all the equipment. Right now, they are paying the Dr. who can do those surgeries but he can do them.

The best time for me would be the end of June or during summer because I'm a teacher so it would be the perfect time for me.

Thank you for any advice or prayers.

clempier:blush: