Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Well, I have my date! Surgery scheduled for Dec 4th! I don't think it has sunk in just yet. Probably blocked by the head cold I seem to have developed. New for me - I have had maybe 2 colds since retiring 4 years ago. I'd forgotten how yucky they can feel... I had my second sleep study Saturday night - started to feel the cold coming on 2 days later. I can't help but wonder...

Ah well, minor setback. Now to think about Dec 4th and whatever I can do to make this all come together and work!

Congrats on your date, JoannMarie! You will be more than ready!

I can identify with the feelings...but the Lord's will be done!

Hope you have a blessed day, and feel better Soon!:cursing:

Congrats on your date, JoannMarie! You will be more than ready!

I can identify with the feelings...but the Lord's will be done!

Hope you have a blessed day, and feel better Soon!:cursing:

Thank you for your kind words, Rosey. I feel blessed every day - cold or no cold! :mellow:

Joann...what great news, FINALLY a surgery date. I'll be praying for you that all goes well. MarilynC.

Good afternoon everyone...I have an appointment 10/06 with my urologist & will find out then if he agrees with my oncologist that surgery is a GO and then my surgeon's office can reschedule. Otherwise, I will have to wait until after my CT 01/20 and waiting is not something I do well (especially since I took 2 years to decide). Well, all in Gods' perfect timing.

Hello, fellow believers...this is certainly a great way to get prepared for my surgery....scheduled for tomorrow 10/2/08 at 8:30 a.m...I have been reading all of your comments and gives me a sense of peace to know that "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me"...For he has certainly done that through the last couple of weeks.

I started this process back in April 2008 and can't believe that the day is almost here. Unfortunately, the last couple of weeks have been very stressful and full of pain and sorrow as my mother passed away on 9/21/08 from breast cancer that mastestisized into her lungs. So if anyone out there has lost their mother, I am sure they can understand the pain and sorrow that you go through. However, my mother was a strong and determined woman, traits that I like to think she passed on to me...So I will go on and have this surgery done and start living my second stage of life in a more healthy and productive way. I have certainly wasted a lot of time feeling sorry for myself and or feeling like a failure for not being able to lose the weight on my own and keeping it off. God bless this forum and may He continue to guide each and everyone of you....Blanca

Blanca, I am so glad you are on this thread. You will find a lot of loving support here. Obviously, I did not know your mom, but knowing most moms as I do, I am sure she is pleased that you are taking this step for yourself and your health. She has always wanted that for you. I am praying that your surgery tomorrow goes beautifully and your surgeon's hands are guided by God. I also pray that you will be kind to yourself and understand how your Father loves you and helps you to be your best. My mom has been gone for 12 years now - it seems like it could not possibly be that long. She is with me every day, though, and I am so thankful she is my mom. You do have some tough days ahead, but know that the Holy Spirit walks with you.

God bless you.

Marilyn, you are in my prayers. Thank you for your update. I think of you so often and pray that everything will work out for you and you will have your surgery soon. You have such a great attitude and your love shows through your words. God bless you.

Lola42: I am so sorry for your loss of your mom, how sad for you. I will be praying for you tomorrow that your surgery will go as planned and without a hitch. Your mom's spirit will be with you as will the Holy Spirit.

Blanca, you will be in my prayers both for your surgery & for your grief...God will show you how to use both for His glory. MC

Joann...thank you for yet another supportive note. God will always be our protector. MC

Hello Christian Bandsters! I haven't check in for a while - been so busy. But it is wonderful to read through the posts and see that God is so good and at work in so many lives.

I want to encourage all of you both pray for and participate in our upcoming election. I live in California and will be attending a small rally in support of Prop 8 - which is the restore marriage act. If you live outside of California - please keep our state (and a few others) in prayer as we go to the polls to finally put this to rest. We have voted numerous times and the judges keep overturning it. In the last days - God's people need to rise up and come together to support righteousness. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Hi dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

I was SO HAPPY so see there was a christian bandters. I'm going to see the surgeon this Thursday coming up and I'm all excited. I really saw God working in this. Like you all I was searching if it was God's will to have that surgery but He opened all the doors so far. I was wondering if any of you were diabetic?

Hi Clempier,

I am not banded yet, but have surgery date of Nov. 12th! I have been 'diabetic' for a year, and only on Metformin. But I have heard of some who have been, and they are doing so much better!

Welcome to the board, there are a few veterans here, which I have also learned, and gleaned encouragement from as well as good practical advice. Have a blessed day of healthy choices! Roseyyyd1 in North CAL.:tt2:

Hi Roseyyyd1,

I was so excited to get messages from christians who are going to have the surgery or already did. I've been diabetic since 92 and I use 2 kinds of insulin plus metformin pills twice a day. I'm so relief to hear that I'm not the only one seeking God's will for that surgery. I was wondering if you were asking yourself questions about how it's going to be after the surgery and how you're going to react surrounding all the food you use to eat? I'm a overeater . . . I eat my emotions and I'm praying God that He will deliver me from that.

clempier, New-Brunswick, Canada

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on in a while. It's been a really busy month with out of town appts. (all my MD's are in Valdosta, GA) about an hour from home & my rear-end feels like its been permanently attached to my car seat. Today I saw the urologist & he gave me the GO to have my surgery, so now with all the necessary MD consults done, my surgeon's office can reapply to my insurance co.(I don't expect the approval to be a problem since the first approval only took 6 days). Thank you all for your ongoing prayers and support. God is so good, He knows and meets our every need. MarilynC.

Edited by pmcfarm

Marilyn, what great news. I'll bet things start moving very quickly for you now. Bless your heart, you have been through it all, haven't you. You will remain in my prayers. I hope to hear soon that you have a date with a laproscope!