Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2017 Sleevers?

Mine is scheduled for the 14th. Getting really excited!

Hey Guys just an update, but my insurance approved the surgery and it's tomorrow August 7th. I am super hype and nervous kinda about it, I'm on a two day liquid diet then no more liquids Monday morning.

Hey Guys just an update, but my insurance approved the surgery and it's tomorrow August 7th. I am super hype and nervous kinda about it, I'm on a two day liquid diet then no more liquids Monday morning.

Good luck tomorrow!

Hello! August 21st here. So excited and nervous for this journey! I'm a single mom of two teenagers, and this is really the first major thing I have done for myself ever.

I am having surgery tomorrow aug the 8th. I am very nervous and wondering am I doing the right thing. My family is also very nervous about this and I think it probably makes it worse. Need advise to calm me down. I worry about complications which I am sure everyone does!

I am having surgery tomorrow aug the 8th. I am very nervous and wondering am I doing the right thing. My family is also very nervous about this and I think it probably makes it worse. Need advise to calm me down. I worry about complications which I am sure everyone does!

Sorry you're getting nervous. I get sleeved on Wednesday and I'm worried that I'm really not nervous. My family is more nervous than I am. Please know that there are risks with any type of procedure. Serious complications are rare and usually not life threatening, from my research. I think it's the few that you do hear from that gets us concerned. Weigh your options dear. Pros and cons and see where you come out... I did and my current medical conditions were the deciding factor. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you much luck.

39 minutes ago, carola123 said:

At this point you've been through all the preparation and decision-making. You know this is a better option than the health risks associated with obesity. It's a very safe surgery--very low rate of complications: That's not a guarantee, but if it were the lottery, you'd like the odds. Take a deep breath, stay calm as you can, and look to the future. It can be fantastic! Good luck.

4 minutes ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

At this point you've been through all the preparation and decision-making. You know this is a better option than the health risks associated with obesity. It's a very safe surgery--very low rate of complications: That's not a guarantee, but if it were the lottery, you'd like the odds. Take a deep breath, stay calm as you can, and look to the future. It can be fantastic! Good luck.

I had to stay an extra day because I could not drink to Protein shakes! Lol

It's very normal to be nervous. I had mine done last tues 8/1. Everything was ok for me. Just remember to keep your eye on the prize. My family was more nervous than me. You will hVe some discomfort and they will give you pain meds. You'll be great!! Keep us posted.

I had anRNY on Aug 2 and I have no regrets. Yes , I was nervous, but every time I looked at the future without the surgery I knew I was doing the right thing. I'm still new at this but I have a great team at home and the Dr. practice who are there for me.

You've got this!