Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DEPRESSED AND DISCOURAGED

I'm glad you posted this. I think people post good results more because they're feeling good and wanting to share, but I think it's really brave of you to post how you're feeling. I'll say the same thing to you that someone on here said to me. Take pictures. It shows in a side by side comparison. I've only lost 18 pounds in 6 weeks. I thought the weight would come off so much faster in the beginning but since I don't have as much to lose, it comes off slower. I know how you feel. I think you have to think about the fact that you have averaged around -10 per month! That's awesome!

Edited by SandyToes143
Typo

9 hours ago, browngirl89 said:

IM ABOUT 3 MONTHS POST SURGERY IVE LOST 31 PONDS SO FAR BUT I DONT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE IN MY APPERANCE

At 3 months out, I'd lost 33.5 pounds. Not everyone responds rapidly to weight loss surgery.

However, my painfully slow weight loss phase (100 pounds over the course of 18 months) is now Water under the bridge. The important part of my journey is my ability to maintain whatever I've lost.

Also, a great analogy between weight loss and toilet paper exists. A roll of toilet paper with 250+ sheets is fairly big. Once 50 sheets are removed from the roll, it still seems big to the naked eye. On the other hand, a roll of toilet paper that starts with 175 sheets looks tiny after we remove 50 sheets.

Similarly, a 50-pound weight loss is not as noticeable on someone with a starting weight of 250+ pounds. However, a loss of 50+ pounds is dramatically noticeable on a 175-pound person. After all, (s)he now weighs 125 pounds.

What's the point of this story? Your weight loss will appear more noticeable in the mirror as the pounds continue dropping. Good luck to you.

Keep the chin up. Do me a favor. Next time you are shopping at the grocery, go to the dog food aisle and pick up 2 15 pound bags of dog food and carry those with you through the store. I bet after 5 minutes your arms will hurt. Then sit back and smile as you have lost an incredible amount of weight. It did not all go on at the same time and it is not coming off in 90 days. You are a success!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using BariatricPal mobile app

HI I KNOW ITS BEEN A WHILE I ACTUALLY DELETED THE APP OFF MY PHONE IVE BEEN GOING THREW A DEEP DEPRESSION ABOUT THIS JOURNEY AND IT WAS MAKING IT WORSE SEEING EVERYONE WITH GREAT RESULTS AND IM STRUGGLING I WAS SLEEVED FEB 17 SO IM ABOUT 3 MONTHS POST SURGERY IVE LOST 31 PONDS SO FAR BUT I DONT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE IN MY APPERANCE NOT THAT I DID IT FOR VANITY REASONS BUT I THOUHGT IT WOULD BE BETTER THAN THIS HOW ARE YOU DOING HOW IS YOUR JOURNEY COMING ALONG?

Couldn't relate to you more!! I was sleeved 19 Oct 16, down 30 lbs...that was all in the first 3.5 months...stalled ever since. Angry, sad, a bit of regret...simply unhappy. Didn't go thru this major life changing surgery for only 30 lbs. Don't feel like I'm being heard with my concerns when I speak to my surgeons office about this. Getting an opportunity to speak to the surgeon now that's it's all said & done is next to impossible, which angers me even more!!!!

I truly which you the best of success in your journey!

31 pds in 3 months? That's an awesome loss! I would personally prefer to lose slow vs rapidly but it seems to be out of my control. I'm down 43 pds since my surgery date 10 weeks ago. I think it's important to realize everyone has their own journey and our bodies are different. [emoji4] chin up, you're doing awesome!

Thank you [emoji4] and same to you

Couldn't relate to you more!! I was sleeved 19 Oct 16, down 30 lbs...that was all in the first 3.5 months...stalled ever since. Angry, sad, a bit of regret...simply unhappy. Didn't go thru this major life changing surgery for only 30 lbs. Don't feel like I'm being heard with my concerns when I speak to my surgeons office about this. Getting an opportunity to speak to the surgeon now that's it's all said & done is next to impossible, which angers me even more!!!!

I truly which you the best of success in your journey!

I wish you the very best as well this journey is very hard but I'm going to try and trust the process

How are you feeling,@browngirl89?

How are you feeling,[mention=312330]browngirl89[/mention]?

I'm feeling ok still kinda iffy thanks for asking

Well, just know that people are thinking of you and sending you warm wishes!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

What was your start weight? This is a good reminder of expectations as well. Many programs suggest eliminating Protein Shakes once you are on your normal diet cause they are high calorie. Don't be discouraged - it's a marathon, not a race. [emoji5]

IMG_0925.JPG.2f57f8245f0e430ae88beeb2fc4c9f0f.JPG

Oh em gee!!! THANK YOU for posting this. Quote from a person close to me: "I would've thought you would have lost more considering what you had done!" This makes me feel so much better.

Everyone stalls on the 3rd week... Google it. And this info might help.... https://www.mexicobariatriccenter.com/not-losing-weight-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery/

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah but would rather you take it back & weigh what you did before surgery? What you've done already is awesome!

You are not alone! Sleeved 4/10 and lost 20 pounds so far. Just keep your head up, it'll get better!

Try to keep in mind that you have made a permanent change to your body that will help you lose weight and control regain for the rest of your life. So what is the hurry? Whether you reach your goal in a year, or two years or even three years, won't it be just as sweet as you imagined it? I'm 21 months in and I am still working toward my goal, but I am incredibly grateful for how far I have come. Some people lost when I lost in the first seven or eight months after they had surgery. Some people have lost less than I've lost in the same amount of time. Bodies are not to be compared. What matters, is your well-being and at a specifically physical level, it sounds like your well-being is improving. Really, the only thing that's happening is you're having thoughts that are causing you to suffer. But your weight-loss is well underway. Congratulations!