Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am five months out and only lost thirty pounds and I am seesawing between 278 and 285

I get all my Protein, not all my veggies. I am worried about the amount of fat I am eating. I work out three to five times a week. Sometimes I can only take a few bites before I am sick then other times I can eat more then a cup of food. And now my hear is doing this and it's thin to begin with......any advice?IMG_2081.JPG

Iamonlyhuman

All I can offer is some sympathy.. sorry you feel so bummed. I did read that hair grows back in, but it still sucks. I am preop so I can't give much advice and I know when it happens to me I will cry a river - I have thin fine hair already.

Can you post what a typical days intake looks like (protein grams, carbs, eating schedule, etc)?

I've been taking Biotin tablets and hair is growing back but apparently it doesn't work for everyone.

Here is what worked for me. I ordered a marine collagen powder that I added to my Water everyday. I also started drinking bamboo tea which is really high in silica. Silica is great for skin, hair and nails. I would drink at least one cup a day sometimes two. This combination cut my Hair loss by at least 3/4 and it became shiny and soft again.

I am five months out and only lost thirty pounds and I am seesawing between 278 and 285
I get all my Protein, not all my veggies. I am worried about the amount of fat I am eating. I work out three to five times a week. Sometimes I can only take a few bites before I am sick then other times I can eat more then a cup of food. And now my hear is doing this and it's thin to begin with......any advice?IMG_2081.JPG.c60f26016cd37befec0df997bdbe1e02.JPG
Iamonlyhuman

Even prior to surgery I lost teice that every time I wash my hair. Remember we normally shed about 100 hairs a day min.

Sent from my SM-N920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I am almost at 5 months post op as well.. 4.5 months to be exact. I have lost 1/3 of my hair.. it's visibly thin, you can see my scalp( it's that thin [emoji30]), I have been taking my Multivitamins and I just started taking another Vitamin capsule that's for hair and nail and skin ( it has zinc and Biotin and Vit A and copper) hoping that would help lessen the shedding. I wouldn't worry about my hair falling as long as I saw new baby hair but I haven't yet. I hope that it grows back. I have been using hair Fiber spray to kinda hide the bald spots. It definitely sucks but the more you stress about the more hair falls out... I keep telling myself that this is just part of the process and IT WILL GROW BACK ( hoping so [emoji1317]) . So keep positive!

I'm in the same boat and I'm 9 months. I think maybe I'm not eating enough and getting enough Protein. Might look into doing the 30mg Protein Shakes again or getting a protein supplement of some sort.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 4-1/2 months out (January 3rd was my sleeve surgery). I started at 249 and am down 63 pounds. (My expected total weight loss is supposed to be 89 pounds.) I eat 4 ounces of Protein at each of my three meals with a Protein Shake (30g) between Breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner. I've been working out three times a week since six weeks after my surgery. I started losing my hair about a month ago. I'm told that it can last 6 months up to a year. I hoping it's on the lower end as I have thin hair to begin with.

I'm a week shy of 5 months and I've started to lose a lot of hair in the last month. It's pretty similar to when I was pregnant and a lot of it has to do with shifting hormones. Biotin is what is recommended most in my local bariatric group. I haven't yet to try it because my hair is naturally thick and it hasn't become an issue for me yet.