Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW Area Bandsters

Thunderwheels,

Im going tomorrow hope everything goes well any last min. items you can think for me to take to make things easier?

how are you doing now it has been about a month?

good luck

Hi everyone~

I'm scheduled for my band on 1/17/08 at TLC EDGE.....Dr. David Kim is my surgeon. My insurance denied the surgery, so I am a self-pay.......

Starting my pre-op diet today of Opti-fast Protein drinks.

current BMI~37

current weight~229

GOAL~130

how can I make my ticker appear on my posts without the link to click on....just have it there like the rest of you with your weight loss tickers???:help:

My husband and I were banded by Dr. Kuhn in Dallas (Baylor Medical) it has been about 8 months now. My husband has lost over a 100 lbs me not so much a big fat whoping 30 lbs. I need help and motivation, he is back eating pretty much whatever he wants no fill... I am up to 3ccs and feel like i can still eat a horse.

Hi all!

I am in Little Elm. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 16th at Wise Regional by Dr. Frank Felts. I am having a hard time with my Atkins pro-op diet but I am trucking through! This forum is a lot of help. It is nice to know that there are so many people in this area going through the same things.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Nadeane,

You will really LOVE Wise Regional. That's where I ended up having my surgery becuase of my insurance. It was quite a hike for me at about a 1 hour drive, but the facilities are great. The nurses are sweet and everything is really clean. Good luck!

I was just banded on 1/4/07 by Dr. Frank Felts, thru Lap band Solutions! I am so glad I did it and I have lost 22lbs already! you will do wonderful! I was scared but it has all been worth it so far!

Hi I'm Cherrie, I was banded by Dr. Carter on 01-07-08

I would love to meet up with some fellow bandsters in the area!!

I am only on day 5 of my recovery, but i think i am doing well.

Just fighting the desire to eat!! lol

Hi I'm Cherrie, I was banded by Dr. Carter on 01-07-08

I would love to meet up with some fellow bandsters in the area!!

I am only on day 5 of my recovery, but i think i am doing well.

Just fighting the desire to eat!! lol

Hi, Cherrie. I'll be banded by Dr. Carter later this year. I have 3 months to go before my paperwork is submitted. Does he perform the surgeries at USMD?

Hi, Cherrie. I'll be banded by Dr. Carter later this year. I have 3 months to go before my paperwork is submitted. Does he perform the surgeries at USMD?

no he does them at a specialty day surgery center in Hurst...they were very nice, and it was quite comfortable!!

can i ask why it is taking so long to get your surgery?

I talked to them on the phone and in 2 weeks was banded!!!!

no psych, no nutri ...nothing...which i dont know if i think is so good.

i was well informed and already knew i wanted to do it, but it was very fast!!

no he does them at a specialty day surgery center in Hurst...they were very nice, and it was quite comfortable!!

can i ask why it is taking so long to get your surgery?

I talked to them on the phone and in 2 weeks was banded!!!!

no psych, no nutri ...nothing...which i dont know if i think is so good.

i was well informed and already knew i wanted to do it, but it was very fast!!

my soworker had her surgery done by Dr. Carter and once she was approved she had surgery 2 weeks later, Dr. Carter did not have a pre opt diet so she could have had it sooner but she had to get her time off approved

I was banded by Dr. Carter in October and have my first fill next week! I've been trying to get to one of the support meetings but seem to always forget about them!! My approval was also pretty quick but I think that has more to do with my insurance, United Healthcare, than the doctor. I think Dr. Carter is one of the only doctors that waits so long for the first fill, he waits 3 months. I've had some issues with waiting but now the wait is almost over! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks for all the information on Dr. Carter. Cherrie, the reason it's taking so long is because of the requirements of my insurance company, BCBS TRS Activecare. They require 6 months of supervised dieting, which I'm doing at AIGB, which is located at the Hurst building where Dr. Carter does the surgeries. I was hoping he would be doing it at USMD, since it is so close to home, but at least it is at a building I'm already familiar with!

Misty, thanks for the offer of the PMs for advice. I'm sure that I'll be asking you all sorts of questions when the time nears. I'm thinking that I might go to the support meeting right before my surgery to get a feel for the group.

Sorry Cavegirl for responding so late. I haven't been on lately. How did everything go? Hope you are doing great!

I go for my first fill today and boy am I ready! I have been able to keep the old belly under control for the most part. Some days I can eat more than others. Some days I feel like I have some restriction and some days I feel none. But for the most part I have not been out of control and I have kept the Snacks to a bare minimum. I began working out 2 weeks ago. I have found I have more energy and stamina already. I can walk a mile and I have put together a fairly nice weight lifting routine. So far I am down about 26lbs in 6 weeks. Thats a blessing in itself. BP has been about 98/68, sugers real nice and normal even after eating. I am really feel this is going to work out real nicely!!

Hello all!

I've not been banded as of yet but have already gone through the seminar, consult, psych eval and nutritionist for Dr. Hamn in Plano (I live in Allen).

We've submitted our paperwork and now we're waiting to hear what Anthem Blue Cross has to say. They used to have a BMI requirement of 49 or less but removed it in November 2007.

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll better. :)