Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long till you hit GOAL Weight?

Hi all, I know it depends on person and how much you had to lose, how active you were and how you eat but I am wondering for those who have hit goal? Or are close how long did it take you?

If you are comfortable sharing your numbers (stats) that would be great for reference. I have about 110 to lose for my goal. Also how much exercise and how serious you were about doing low/no carb during that time would be helpful.

Also do you have an opinion on if you should hit it as hard as you can exercise like crazy eat no carb for the first year and then once in maintain mode ease up into a more normal life, or did you try to keep some normalcy the whole time? Like having a little bit of carbs or a sweet on occasion and moderate exercise?

241 pounds 368 days , but the point is that it is completely different in each person, literally some do it faster some slower, its a quirk you can go by or judge, you can only do you.

So many angles with this..

I totally understand there are different experience but that is why I am asking people for their own experience and opinion.

Hi there! HW 270, surgery 12/16/15, current weight 126. I completely stuck to a very strict regimen until I hit my goal of 140. I've definitely loosened up but I really don't eat too differently to maintain than I did while losing. Everyone's journey is different!

Just read forums, you will get a better idea.

The people that are going to answer are either going to be people that never got to goal and are complaining or you are going to get the people that are super responders to surgery and got to goal super fast.

You won't get a realistic idea.

If you need to lost 110 pounds and you lose normally, it is going to take you are year. If you are super responder to surgery, it might take you 6 months.

You have zero information posted about yourself so it is impossible to guess.

My goal is 100 lbs, I had surgery 4/4/17 SW 250 currently 231 4 weeks out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi all, I know it depends on person and how much you had to lose, how active you were and how you eat but I am wondering for those who have hit goal? Or are close how long did it take you?
If you are comfortable sharing your numbers (stats) that would be great for reference. I have about 110 to lose for my goal. Also how much exercise and how serious you were about doing low/no carb during that time would be helpful.
Also do you have an opinion on if you should hit it as hard as you can exercise like crazy eat no carb for the first year and then once in maintain mode ease up into a more normal life, or did you try to keep some normalcy the whole time? Like having a little bit of carbs or a sweet on occasion and moderate exercise?

Hi my Husband and I had surgery in 2013 he lost 100lb within 10 months which was his goal. I lost 112lb within 12 months. The only exercise we did was walk using Fitbit we made sure we did 10,000 steps Everyday. Although I was in charge of food and not working so we were pretty strict with meeting our Protein goals and keeping carbs as Low as possible

I was a slower loser than many who were sleeved. I had exactly 100 pounds to lose and reached my goal weight in a little more than 17 months.

HW 225 (4/5/2017); SW 218 (4/20/2017); CW 118 (5/9/2017) and 5'1 tall.

I do not believe in eliminating macros such as carbs because it causes me to crave them more intensely. If no foods are forbidden, I am less likely to go off the rails.

In addition, I am not on a diet. I sucked at diets prior to weight loss surgery and couldn't adhere to them long term. Phrases such as "cheat food" and "zero carb" reinforce the dieter mentality.

Months. 235-119lbs.

I'm 38 pounds from my surgeons goal of 175lbs and I'm 5'10". I'm a week shy of 5 months out.

HW was 301, SW was 271 and I'm currently 213 (down 58 pounds since surgery)

I do not do any sort of super low carb as my NUT says it's detrimental to long term health. She said during losing phase I should keep my carbs around 45 and around 90 in maintenance. Otherwise it's Protein, protein, protein.

My info is in my signature. I'm 3 months post-op & 20 lbs away from my goal.

For me, I responded fast & had no major health conditions getting into surgery. I was just obese. I also had less than 100 lbs to lose. I walk 5 days a week & have a physical job.

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 160 lbs
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

47 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I'm 38 pounds from my surgeons goal of 175lbs and I'm 5'10". I'm a week shy of 5 months out.

HW was 301, SW was 271 and I'm currently 213 (down 58 pounds since surgery)

I do not do any sort of super low carb as my NUT says it's detrimental to long term health. She said during losing phase I should keep my carbs around 45 and around 90 in maintenance. Otherwise it's Protein, Protein, protein.

In reality that is super low carb since the government recommends around 300 carbs a day for the average american...

Started 294, weight on date of surgery 255, goal weight give to me by doctor: 145. I had surgery on April 27, 2015. Met goal weight of 145 in January of 2016. Been WELL below that for over a year.

23 hours ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

In reality that is super low carb since the government recommends around 300 carbs a day for the average american...

Oh Jesus, 300! Well I could never get 300 carbs in a day doing Protein first with the size of my meals. Maybe if I just sit and eat carbs all day. I guess it's more like super low but not super super low like some people do :)

Also I forgot to add, I have a desk job but I do work out in the gym 4 days a week, low impact cardio or swimming and then just chase my toddlers around the rest of the time.