Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boobies...ugh

I feel your pain. I'm still pre-op and am hoping mine will go away when I start losing. If not, then a for sure reduction will be happening.

I do not think that ya'll should be upset. 29lbs down and my boobies have gotten smaller. I am panicking. I am used to these D's. I cannot take going to a C or B. lol I want to keep my boobies.

I'm honestly scared to lose weight in my boobs. Not because I can't afford it size wise - I'm a DDD, but because they're already shaped like saggy watermelons (nipples point to the ground) and the more weight I lose in them, the more they'll look like inflated animal balloons that have been left in a hot car too long. [emoji52]

HW: 328 (02/22/17)
SW: TBD
CW: 292

@Caryn68

I'm surprised you are still a G. Where are you getting measured?

My boobs stayed pretty much the same but my band changed, and cup sizes are based on the difference in the under and over bust measurement subtracting the bust measurement. I went from a 50DD and I am a 36G. I'm not sure I will get below a 36 band size without skin surgery.

I guess you are dropping uniformly. It is interesting how we all lose weight differently.

I never gained weight in my boobs, just my band size, so I knew they were not going anywhere.

I was thinking about a lift, but as more time passes I just don't think I want to deal with those scars and the risk of losing nipple sensitivity. I'm going to need enough surgery as is. I can live with the boobs.

@B.Annie

Mine looked pretty sad for a while but the longer I stay under 200 and my weight is somewhat stable (losing slowly), they are looking better each week. They aren't perky but they have settled very nicely.

ETA: Mine point south too or they did, they always have, that is how they been since I developed but! The past 3 weeks or so I notice they have lifted. They are still large relative to my size but they are not as heavy. I can do a lot more with them, like wear bralettes, go bra less in tight bandage dresses and tape them up easily. So even though they are not perky, they are very easy to manage now.

I really wonder about people that rush to plastics. The more time I spend in this weight range. the better my body looks. It is really readjusting and taking care of itself. Once I stop losing I think I will wait a full year before plastics. If I had rushed into them 6 months ago, when I wanted to, I had a completely different body then than I do now. Waiting is paying off.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

14 minutes ago, B.Annie said:

I'm honestly scared to lose weight in my boobs. Not because I can't afford it size wise - I'm a DDD, but because they're already shaped like saggy watermelons (nipples point to the ground) and the more weight I lose in them, the more they'll look like inflated animal balloons that have been left in a hot car too long.

HW: 328 (02/22/17)
SW: TBD
CW: 292

Honestly, my breast are starting to look like jacket sleeve boobies. They just look sad. The fullness is going away. I need that to happen in my tummy.

I've always been huge....when I was thin, I was a DDD. I've always wanted a reduction but because I got so heavy, I kept them for proportion. Unfortunately, they now hang lower....I can tuck them in pants....lol. They are a lot looser, so they kind of have to be rolled into a bra. It's been very frustrating!

I went to a specialty store and they remeasured me and I bought 2 bras today that fit!

2 hours ago, Caryn68 said:

How in the world is it possible to lose 70 pounds and none of it came from boobies. 46G pre-op. 38 G 4 months later!!

When I hit Goal, these puppies are going!! 30 more pounds!

OMG so funny. When I saw the heading, I thought you were going to say that they were hanging low. That's what I'm expecting since I am not a spring chicken. The problem is they are also lopsided. I may need to resurrect them not have them reduced!! In any case, we will all be beautiful and much healthier soon! Congrats on your WL so far! Incredible.

34 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

@Caryn68

I'm surprised you are still a G. Where are you getting measured?

My boobs stayed pretty much the same but my band changed, and cup sizes are based on the difference in the under and over bust measurement subtracting the bust measurement. I went from a 50DD and I am a 36G. I'm not sure I will get below a 36 band size without skin surgery.

I guess you are dropping uniformly. It is interesting how we all lose weight differently.

I never gained weight in my boobs, just my band size, so I knew they were not going anywhere.

I was thinking about a lift, but as more time passes I just don't think I want to deal with those scars and the risk of losing nipple sensitivity. I'm going to need enough surgery as is. I can live with the boobs.

@B.Annie

Mine looked pretty sad for a while but the longer I stay under 200 and my weight is somewhat stable (losing slowly), they are looking better each week. They aren't perky but they have settled very nicely.

ETA: Mine point south too or they did, they always have, that is how they been since I developed but! The past 3 weeks or so I notice they have lifted. They are still large relative to my size but they are not as heavy. I can do a lot more with them, like wear bralettes, go bra less in tight bandage dresses and tape them up easily. So even though they are not perky, they are very easy to manage now.

I really wonder about people that rush to plastics. The more time I spend in this weight range. the better my body looks. It is really readjusting and taking care of itself. Once I stop losing I think I will wait a full year before plastics. If I had rushed into them 6 months ago, when I wanted to, I had a completely different body then than I do now. Waiting is paying off.

Very insightful and inspiring! Thanks for this. I think it's such a worry about what the body will look like AFTER which is sad because we have been so saddened by how our bodies look BEFORE> I like the idea of waiting until the dust settles. Glad its working out for you!!

OMG so funny. When I saw the heading, I thought you were going to say that they were hanging low. That's what I'm expecting since I am not a spring chicken. The problem is they are also lopsided. I may need to resurrect them not have them reduced!! In any case, we will all be beautiful and much healthier soon! Congrats on your WL so far! Incredible.

Oh, age and gravity and big boobs......mine will surely need a resurrection as well!

1 hour ago, Thejeweledsleeve said:

I do not think that ya'll should be upset. 29lbs down and my boobies have gotten smaller. I am panicking. I am used to these D's. I cannot take going to a C or B. lol I want to keep my boobies.

I'd love to be a D!!!! My ideal size is a C. I want to be able to jump/run without them flopping all over the place. I'm currently a 40H. I was a 40k at one point. Never again!! NEVER!!!!

I was once a 70 I now squeezing these boobs into a 48DDD. My breast literally hand down to my belly button.I was scheduled for reconstruction on March 21st and less than 12 hours before the Dr called and canceled it. The 2 mammograms and utrasound showed microcalcifications. I have been waiting for over one month for my stupid insurance to approve and for a doctor to do a biopsy. Who knows what this biopsy will reveal when I am finally able to get it done. This whole process has me all stressed out and not eating correctly.

3 hours ago, ssflbelle said:

I was once a 70 I now squeezing these boobs into a 48DDD. My breast literally hand down to my belly button.I was scheduled for reconstruction on March 21st and less than 12 hours before the Dr called and canceled it. The 2 mammograms and utrasound showed microcalcifications. I have been waiting for over one month for my stupid insurance to approve and for a doctor to do a biopsy. Who knows what this biopsy will reveal when I am finally able to get it done. This whole process has me all stressed out and not eating correctly.

I was wondering about your status. Forgive me I couldn't recall your user name to ask. I'll follow you so I won't forget! 😊 You're stressed, I can understand. But please do not eat incorrectly because of it. I know you know this. You've come a long ways to get to where you are now. I know you can keep going the right road. 😉 Be kind to yourself hon. I sure hope you get some awesome reports! That's what I'll be hoping for, for you. Blessings to you hon.

13 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

Very insightful and inspiring! Thanks for this. I think it's such a worry about what the body will look like AFTER which is sad because we have been so saddened by how our bodies look BEFORE> I like the idea of waiting until the dust settles. Glad its working out for you!!

it isn't a picnic, I'm not thrilled with my body, but the longer I stay under 200 and keep losing, the more improvements I see. Like if I had surgery at 18 months post-op I would have selected completely different surgeries than I would select now.

There are improvements with time. We live in a society where everyone wants a quick fix. You even see people complaining here about slow weight loss when they are losing a lot of weight in short time period relative to the normal population. Loose skin and a different body can be very annoying. I am still annoyed a daily sometimes hourly basis, but time is really making a lot of changes. Also the more you lose the better it looks. What most people are complaining about as loose skin still has fat in it, I know mine does. It is loose thin skin but there is still fat. The more fat I lose, the thinner the skin is and easier it is to hide, compress and deal with.

I feel like by waiting, when I do have plastics my results will be so much better. It sucks to wait and I really don't want to but I am really looking at Fall of 2018 for plastics now instead of fall of 2017.