Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boobies...ugh

30 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

You even see people complaining here about slow weight loss when they are losing a lot of weight in short time period relative to the normal population.

It's never ending.

I didn't have big boobs to begin with. I was a B cup . Now an A cup is too big for me. I have no boobs. I am completely flat.

I hope my boobs get smaller post surgery. I'm only 16 days out, so too soon to tell. I always liked my A/B sized breasts but with weight gain they got up to a D size.

I'm curious to see what happens. I used to be a D, then I breastfed my kids. The volume and density between that and getting older (50) has them in the floppy C category...haaa, we'll see. Surgery isn't until August.

@OutsideMatchInside Just curious, how old are you? I'm 52 and my skin is NOT retracting well from my weight loss, and especially my breasts and upper arms. I like your advice of waiting for plastics, but then I think DAMN IT, I'm already in my 50s and I just want my surgery. I was a 36DDD, am now a 34DD after 90+ lbs of weight loss. I'm almost at goal and I just don't want to wait another year for my skin surgeries. Good problem to have, I guess?

Anyone else a bit on the older side have any advice, as well?

I've lost 22lbs since surgery and am definitely losing boobs. A lot of it is my copious amount of back fat going, but on the front I looked at myself in profile and noticed my boobs DEFINITELY look pretty deflated now (cries). They were never perky in the first place (I had floppy boobs even as a D cup in high school), so this is pretty saddening for me. They still look good in a bra at least, but I now know I need to be saving to have a breast lift at some point. I started in clinic at a 38G and am now wearing a 36DDD bra. I got it second hand and it fits nice but I do want to get properly sized and make sure it's actually RIGHT. Honestly though I've been wearing a lot of sports bras, I have an under armour and nike one, both with molded cups, size 36E and 38DD. I like them because I think they may get a little longer wear than a normal bra because the sizing isn't quite so exact.

On 2017-04-23 at 9:05 AM, Newme17 said:

It's never ending.

It kills me to see people saying "I only lost thirty pounds in a month"! Like, idk about you but before this surgery it took me TWO YEARS of swimming 5 days a week and counting calories to lose even 15 lbs. And even without my various hormonal issues, when's the last time you'd hear of someone on Weight Watchers complaining they "only" lost 30 lbs in a month? It makes me so sad, because people should be happy and ecstatic at their progress and instead they're getting impatient and down on themselves and saying "well my weight loss isn't as fast as I like so I might as well just eat like crap" and sabotaging themselves. :(

I'm happy to be losing weight at the "slow" rate I am, because my body needs all the time it can get to adjust to the changes, especially my skin. Slow and steady is just fine by me. Although I understand someone who is a much higher BMI and more disabled by their weight is probably more anxious than I am to lose because they are ready for that new quality of life and not just the numbers on the scale...

but there's still the girls MY size and smaller ho have also been struck by this impatience and skewed perspective. It's sad to see people go through that. I'm glad I had such a comprehensive program with a good psychologist who helped prepare me for the ups and downs of this journey so I didn't drive myself bonkers from unrealistic expectations.

Edited by teacupnosaucer

30 minutes ago, teacupnosaucer said:

It kills me to see people saying "I only lost thirty pounds in a month"!

It is hilarious because when you watch 600 lb life, those people are literally 1/2 a ton and they only lose 30 pounds in a month. And most of them are in the hospital that first month on a stricter diet than those of us at home.

@ShelterDog64

I answered your age question in PM, don't want to give up too much personal information online. I know you have lost most of your weight, but you still aren't even a year post op.

Plastic surgery prices and demand is lower in the fall/winter, which is why I picked that time to have my surgery. I really was shooting for Fall of 2017, but I think fall of 2018, maybe even 2019 might be better, it just depends.

My skin has no snapback. I've had stretch marks since I was a kid just from growing. My skin just genetically is not very elastic, at least not in my body, face is amazing. The way I am losing and my fat is settling is really different the closer I get to goal. Like if there was only one surgery I could afford it would be arms. That is the must do, Everything else I can hide.

For me, a breast lift is just vanity so I can go braless and wear strapless dresses. Men don't care what tits look like as long as they can touch them. Physically my breast do no bother me, especially since they are much lighter.

My apron bothers me, it flop, but I don't get infections and I don't have issues with it. My belly button does get gross and I have to clean it carefully, but at the end of the day that is all something I can hide in clothes.

As much as I would love to get my thighs done, people with thighs like mine don't end up with good results from thigh lifts. i would still never be able to wear short shorts of a bathing suit without shorts, so it is a waste of money.

I think you might find when you get to goal, that things look and feel a little different. In your second year, you still might lose weight. Back when vets used to post here, a lot of people would comment that they lost another 5 to 10 pounds without trying. 5 or 10 pounds doesn't seem like a lot for heavy people, but once you are under 200 that is a size or worse a size and a half :angry: (being between sizes is the worst!) depending on where it comes from. If you get your body snatched and lose another 10 pounds from ????? on your body, you are diminishing your results. It is a lot of money to spend, better to wait and get it right than to do it and want a revision.

59 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

Men don't care what tits look like as long as they can touch them

I'm ROLLING over here!!!! LOL :lol:

1 hour ago, teacupnosaucer said:

I'm glad I had such a comprehensive program with a good psychologist who helped prepare me for the ups and downs of this journey so I didn't drive myself bonkers from unrealistic expectations.

The ones complaining need this ^^^^^^^

As long as the fat goes down, I'm good. I could even gain weight (with muscle) and not care...just need the fat to go down. I quit watching the Biggest Loser years ago because of the "I only lost 2 pounds!?!?!" smh

I'm a 42DD. The 42 can change, but I want to hold on to these double 'D" cup.

2 hours ago, Newme17 said:

The ones complaining need this ^^^^^^^

As long as the fat goes down, I'm good. I could even gain weight (with muscle) and not care...just need the fat to go down. I quit watching the Biggest Loser years ago because of the "I only lost 2 pounds!?!?!" smh

I was frustrated at the time with all the work I had to do and waiting I had to do and hoops I had to jump through pre-op, but I feel very thankful for them now. Not saying I'm never ever gonna be frustrated by my perceived (lack of) progress but being mentally prepared for the journey has helped a lot so far. I didn't sweat my three week stall at all. I bet it helps for me to have had a five year journey of trying desperately to lose weight and working REALLY hard and only losing minimal amounts of weight even with a lot of concerted effort. Two pounds a week to me feels like a miracle!

I have been trying to find this diet that a person on this web had sent me,But have not found it anywhere.If anyone knows about this diet please let me know,I have been gaining weight like crazy and I have kept my weight off for 17 yrs,Now it has just been crazy,I have exercised,I run 5 miles a day used to do 10.But I am 68 now.Excercise at the gym 5 days a week and my pouch is still small !! Doctors have no idea what's up. I guess I am to old of a vet to get on the vet page on this site.But I really would love to get the diet that this person sent. Thanks so much